Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I apologize for not giving a link to the source. I posted right before I was headed out the door.

Sarah Schultz is quoted in the Frieghtwaves article

“He had another load before this one that made him late,” Sarah said. “I think they were cleaning out those hog barns. I think he said he’d already been there once and this was the second time.”

MOO, I also feel that with the drop off barn being a temporary holding facility that probably means temporary employees as well... people who may not be from the area or who see David on a regular basis to know his personality, character and work ethic.

I saw on Google maps that there is a weigh station near the intersection where David's truck went in the opposite direction. I wonder if there are any cameras there. I also am interested to know if trucks park on the on ramps or off ramps of that exit to rest on regular basis.

I apologize for not giving a link to the source. I posted right before I was headed out the door.

Sarah Schultz is quoted in the Frieghtwaves article

“He had another load before this one that made him late,” Sarah said. “I think they were cleaning out those hog barns. I think he said he’d already been there once and this was the second time.”

MOO, I also feel that with the drop off barn being a temporary holding facility that probably means temporary employees as well... people who may not be from the area or who see David on a regular basis to know his personality, character and work ethic.

I saw on Google maps that there is a weigh station near the intersection where David's truck went in the opposite direction. I wonder if there are any cameras there. I also am interested to know if trucks park on the on ramps or off ramps of that exit to rest on regular basis.
Davids truck was found on N14. There is no weigh station at the exit he took or on N14. There is a weigh station further west if you exit hwy 20 at the 71N exit.

That is an interesting thought, though... that perhaps he did make it there and they really, really want to withhold that information for some reason. Because that would then account for the gap in time in his phone data, causing folks to wonder whether the truck was driven at a very low speed because someone unskilled was driving it, or whether he paused at that intersection for 15-20 minutes. During that time period, he could have easily driven to the dropoff point and back, I would think.

But as you said, surely if he had made it there, it would have been leaked by now.
even leaked by someone who worked at the business that had the camera. IMO, Les Brown just said what he said just to distance his company from any idea that his drivers may have any personal issues

but he has twins
Can we make a sticky out of this post? The quote below is misstated repeatedly ... Nico=grandson Joseph=son

"He gave me a kiss. He gave Nico a kiss. Joseph said what about me. He said, 'No time, buddy,' and he ran out. That was the last I seen of him," said Sarah Schultz, David Schultz's wife.

Can we make a sticky out of this post? The quote below is misstated repeatedly ... Nico=grandson Joseph=son

"He gave me a kiss. He gave Nico a kiss. Joseph said what about me. He said, 'No time, buddy,' and he ran out. That was the last I seen of him," said Sarah Schultz, David Schultz's wife.

right, but where is the other twin?

Absofreakinlutely.
Wish it was a Nicholas Francisco situation as David Schultz would be alive. I do not have a firm theory on what occurred but think DS is likely deceased and unlikely to be found anywhere near his truck.

Do not think DS is as "worldly" for a better world as Francisco to have established a secret life that he is now enjoying far from his family and rural hometown.

I keep feeling Sad that David had no one who would have expected a text at least if his plans had changed. He had left with the plan being last load and get home because of out of state family. My guy drives a truck. I would have gotten a text of change of plans (because of time of night) just so I would not worry.

Wish it was a Nicholas Francisco situation as David Schultz would be alive. I do not have a firm theory on what occurred but think DS is likely deceased and unlikely to be found anywhere near his truck.

Do not think DS is as "worldly" for a better world as Francisco to have established a secret life that he is now enjoying far from his family and rural hometown.
How "worldly" does one have to be to just walk walk away when he "can't take it anymore"?

How "worldly" does one have to be to just walk walk away when he "can't take it anymore"?

Unless one was planning to live like a vagrant and be homeless, hoping for the charity of others or meagre cash in hand payments, you'd have to have a solid back up plan and that would involve connections and strategies outside of the 'world' and life you've always known. Unimaginable IMO that DS would have had a support network and plan sufficient to warrant feeling OK with fleeing his wife, children, wider family, friends, local area work connections, business, the whole lot.

JMO MOO

Unless one was planning to live like a vagrant and be homeless, hoping for the charity of others or meagre cash in hand payments, you'd have to have a solid back up plan and that would involve connections and strategies outside of the 'world' and life you've always known. Unimaginable IMO that DS would have had a support network and plan sufficient to warrant feeling OK with fleeing his wife, children, wider family, friends, local area work connections, business, the whole lot.

JMO MOO
Yet wouldn't it be something if that's exactly what he did. And interestingly enough, not a single bit of evidence says otherwise.

Yet wouldn't it be something if that's exactly what he did. And interestingly enough, not a single bit of evidence says otherwise.

Well yes, but you can't prove a negative and there's nothing to suggest that's what happened either, apart from his disappearance in and of itself. JMO but the likelihood seems so unfeasible to me what with other factors.

MOO

I wonder the same. The deep pocketed jeans are a red flag for me. If you’re trying to throw off an investigation say by tossing your jacket the deep pocket jeans could carry what your jacket would have. That and kissing the one son but not the other. Imo it was harder for him to say goodbye to him. Idk this case stumps me!
Same. Lots of talk about how truckers don't put their wallets in their pockets because it's obviously uncomfortable to sit on them. How uncomfortable would it be to have something in a long deep front pocket digging into your leg on a long drive? What's the point of having any pockets? Very specific, odd detail for a man in a hurry because he's running late.

I have been following this case from the beginning. I initially felt very strongly that his disappearance was voluntary, but as time has passed I am inclined to think that foul play could be at hand as well. I do not think that his disappearance was self harm or a medical episode. It could be any of those four, but from everything that I've read, heard & watched, I think voluntary disappearance or foul play. I am saddened for his family and hope that he is found soon. MOO
BBM. Agree.

he could have been banking some cash weekly out of his weekly allowance
So why put out money for another truck and be dumping money into it? If planning to walk away, spending needlessly would not be wise. The truck being driven would do, make money with it, squirrel away money and run.
For me, this is a good example of the problem with motive in this case. The first two posts make perfect sense, the third post blows them both up. I see the logic in them all. Of course there could have been a "straw that broke the camel's back" moment and in an instant, he made a decision.

Three months in and seemingly no closer to an answer to what happened to David. Did he end it all, walk away from his life, or foul play? Anyone know how to insert a poll, is that even possible? If so, I'd like to see everyone's opinion.

Does Sarah still have the Red truck or has it been sold? Does anyone know? I could not see keeping it if did not have to after 3 months. Sell it, pay it off and get out from under that monthly payment and hopefully make some profit to hire people to find my husband would my thinking. There is another one waiting for David if he should surface somehow. And I bet he would understand. Or can she sell it? How does that work in these circumstances, if truck is only in his name or company name?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl
Back