Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@OldAce am i getting this right??? David's Pete that he hadn't driven yet (but it was a headlight away from being on the road) may have depreciated in value since he flew to California to buy it????

ETA & OT: sorry but hopefully these old peterbilts being discussed have the older style of round headlights....yep, REAL nice looking rigs - SHARP even. (ooops my age is showing ha)
I am not the Original Poster of this information and I have no clue what thread it is in, and I hope someone can find it as I am only going off knowledge laid upon us by another poster.

BUT, sometime in the past few years California made trucks without all the new specs and environmental upgrades not able to be licensed. Therefore there were a ton of old Peterbilts and other trucks for sale in California. They were selling cheap because of the new law. David's truck would have depreciated in value in California but not where he was in Iowa if that makes any sense at all.

Self harm, sadly, is still very high on the scale of one to 10 reasons for me. We keep trying to put rational reasons for it not being the case. But people in this frame of mind are not rational and they do things that people say they would never do like abandoning their family. Bodies are missed quite often where you would think they would never be. 100% agree with your post. JMO
I think this is a likely possibility. Second possibility is he had someone pick him up and left voluntarily. The reason I keep going back to one of these two is the truck was left in the middle of the road going an opposite direction. I believe he knew if he pulled the semi over to the side of the road and left, it would not be noticed as soon as it being abandoned in the middle of the road. Having live piglets on board, they needed to be found ASAP. I believe the semi being left directly in the middle of a "paved" road was also done intentionally. He didn't leave it on a less traveled road such as a gravel road. The self-harm scenario would make sense since his wallet and cash were left in the truck. Who knows what the truth is. But it is incredibly sad, especially for his children.

Lately I reached the stage, where I think, DS has left his old life behind and will try another one far away. That he said to his wife not only one time, he can't take it anymore, sounds like advance warning. At least in his mind was it working already, IMO. He searched perhaps for a way out, but quitting his dream job (??) wasn't an option. Being on the road without breaks, the family at home without him, nevertheless always money worries (IMO, he MUST have had) - maybe, it was no longer conceivable to continue for the next 20 years (his pension very late or even never at the horizon).
Maybe, his $$ left in his truck were meant for possible damage, for example to the loaded piglets. So he wasn't stealing, he wasn't causing material damage for his last client, but "only" left his family. Maybe, when the family of his wife was visiting, it wasn't a reason for hindrance, but showed him even more, how very well his wife would manage the family without help. She herself said so in the beginning after DS' disappearing, that she had lived as a single mother before DS and didn't need a husband.
IF he disappeared on his own, Idk, how he would be able to return one day in the future. At the time, when he first ran away, he had no family and certainly much less debts. Now his way back will be rather impossible, IMO.
I think this is a good theory and actually have a similar one as well. My #2 theory is self-harm. I hope his loved ones get answers soon. It would be brutal not knowing.

I think this is a likely possibility. Second possibility is he had someone pick him up and left voluntarily. The reason I keep going back to one of these two is the truck was left in the middle of the road going an opposite direction. I believe he knew if he pulled the semi over to the side of the road and left, it would not be noticed as soon as it being abandoned in the middle of the road. Having live piglets on board, they needed to be found ASAP. I believe the semi being left directly in the middle of a "paved" road was also done intentionally. He didn't leave it on a less traveled road such as a gravel road. The self-harm scenario would make sense since his wallet and cash were left in the truck. Who knows what the truth is. But it is incredibly sad, especially for his children.
I believe the truck was not facing the wrong direction. That seems to be a rumor that pops up occasionally in the thread.
I believe the truck was off to the edge of the road, still blocking part of the road, but facing the proper direction.

The 99 & older don’t have elog, therefore they are sought after. We have a 99 KW and we could easily get 50K for it as is, needing a head gasket.

On another note, can anyone find the old articles from may wise about the eagle grove pig farm drug ring/bust? I used to be able to see the articles but they seem to be gone, which is making me wonder if he was a witness or something…. I’d like to know when court is for that case..
Here is one reference to a meth lab bust. Google " Drug bust on pig farm in Eagle Lake, IA" to get it an others.

I am not the Original Poster of this information and I have no clue what thread it is in, and I hope someone can find it as I am only going off knowledge laid upon us by another poster.

BUT, sometime in the past few years California made trucks without all the new specs and environmental upgrades not able to be licensed. Therefore there were a ton of old Peterbilts and other trucks for sale in California. They were selling cheap because of the new law. David's truck would have depreciated in value in California but not where he was in Iowa if that makes any sense at all.

That is why he flew out there and grabbed it. He needed; owner had to sell, good for both of them.

Is this the post you are looking for?

If you all don't mind (please, no fussing at me....) give me a summary, details, or point me to the thread/posts where it's discussing him taking off and leaving in the past??? Thanks.

BBM.
Have you seen the road where the truck was left? There was NO shoulder - no room to "pull over." The only option was to leave it in the driving lane.

I believe the truck was not facing the wrong direction. That seems to be a rumor that pops up occasionally in the thread.
I believe the truck was off to the edge of the road, still blocking part of the road, but facing the proper direction.

The confusion might come from the fact that David was heading in the wrong direction to where he was supposed to be heading: north rather than south. You're correct that the truck wasn't parked in the wrong lane.

If you all don't mind (please, no fussing at me....) give me a summary, details, or point me to the thread/posts where it's discussing him taking off and leaving in the past??? Thanks.
Sarah mentioned it toward the very end of this podcast, which was approved to post here several weeks ago. It was kind of a bombshell if you ask me.

Go to the 1:05:30 time stamp.

She basically said:

"Well, oh let’s see, before we got together he got pulled over for OWI and he refused a breathalyzer so the police took him to the hospital for a blood test and as the cop was talking to the nurses he walked out the front doors and he evaded them, ahd he was gone for a couple of months but then he turned himself in, but that was years ago, I'm thinking like 15-16 years ago, a long time ago, but again he didn't have a family then, and he was a single guy, no family. A long time ago. And I can’t think how anything like that would be connected to this."

Then after another question, she stated, "I think he went to Omaha, no, he told me, well, not "I think", he went to Omaha, for awhile. Worked and then ended up coming back."

Last edited:
Per KCCI News—the deceased body of an adult male was pulled from a vehicle that was found submerged in the middle of the Des Moines River. Just thought you all may be interested in case it turns out to be David…

Last edited:
Per KCCI News—the deceased body of an adult male was pulled from a vehicle that was found submerged in the middle of the Des Moines River. Just thought you all may be interested in case it turns out to be David…
Link ?

I'll be very surprised if it does turn out to be David (it sounds like Wapello County LE might already know who it is), but thank you nonetheless for posting the link.

You can very easily read the news articles. It's not a rumor.
The truck was facing in the proper direction, (lane) on the roadway. It was “in the wrong direction” from where he was supposed to be going. The truck was in the NB lane headed north, when David should have been going south towards the pig drop off.
It was the poor way it was worded which caused so much confusion.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back