Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well that's not a surprise.

JMVHO.
@crhedBngr That post was referring to no foul play was suspected with a body that was found earlier in the Des Moines river.

When the vehicle was retrieved from the water, the body of a deceased male was located inside. The body has been sent to the Iowa Office of the State Medical Examiner and identification has not been released.

Update: On Wednesday, investigators said they do not suspect foul play.

Another body found, this one in Des Moines, Iowa. I am in the Des Moines metro and am sharing this just in case it may be David. (His home in Wall Lake is about 2 hours NW of Des Moines, for reference.)
I highly doubt this will turn out to be David. It was reported that LE thought nothing criminal factored into the death. This was before an autopsy was preformed and must have been determined from just viewing the body. If this was David, the amount of time since his disappearance would have made it impossible to determine that without an autopsy.

Police say they don't believe anything criminal factored into the death of the person, who has not yet been identified, but it's still under investigation. Body of adult found near Des Moines River

<modsnip: Posts from wife’s social media accounts are not allowed unless they are discussed in the MSM.> I wonder about the body found near Hudson, Wisconsin in the St Croix river.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know if my loved one was missing and I suspected foul play, I would essentially be in hiding. I would not be sharing private details on FB for all the world to see, especially about my kids. I have mentioned before that someone should advise her to stop posting on her personal FB. She should have someone set up a "Find David" page.

<modsnip>

I know if my loved one was missing and I suspected foul play, I would essentially be in hiding. I would not be sharing private details on FB for all the world to see, especially about my kids. I have mentioned before that someone should advise her to stop posting on her personal FB. She should have someone set up a "Find David" page.

<modsnip>
I have thought having a "Find David" page should have been done early on. The daily update thing I have seen before on a Moms personal page. But she was not accepting thousands of friends request either. She did it for herself, her missing son, friends\family who cared, counting the days until he was found and sharing memories and thoughts.

There was a missing page for him as well from the start.

I have thought having a "Find David" page should have been done early on. The daily update thing I have seen before on a Moms personal page. But she was not accepting thousands of friends request either. She did it for herself, her missing son, friends\family who cared, counting the days until he was found and sharing memories and thoughts.

There was a missing page for him as well from the start.
The challenge with an independent Missing Page is that someone has to mod it and thats a massive task. A missing Huz, littles, working, I just don't see her managing it. A family member maybe? Not sure how that would feel to her. I think even on SS personal page she struggles with a lot of the comments. The plus is that you get more folks sharing info and keeping and eye out for DS. JMO

There seem to be an awful lot of bodies popping up in Iowa these days, but I guess the same could be said about most states.

I'm not sure what the weather is like in Iowa right now, but bodies submerged in cold water can begin to surface as the water warms up.

If the weather has started to become warmer over the last week or two, that might explain it.

I read all of the threads but feel like I missed something... he DID pick up the shipment of pigs, but was the truck found with the pigs in it? He didn't make it to the destination, correct?
Yes he did pick up a shipment of pigs.

"On November 20, 2023, between 10:30 and 11 p.m., David picked up a load of pigs from a hog site in Eagle Grove, Iowa. He was supposed to deliver the livestock back to Sac County that night — a standard delivery, according to his wife. "

He did not make it to the destination.

"
. “[The truck] was directly north of an intersection of N14 and D15, which is called 190th street,” she said.

Strangely, the truck was facing away from where David was supposed to be delivering the livestock load that day. “[His truck was found] north of Highway 20,” Det. Stange said. “Where David was scheduled to drop off his hogs was directly south of Highway 20.”

I've been wondering this for a long time. Is there any possibility DS was contacted by someone he cared about who was in need of help. IIRC he was last heard from on the 21st. That means he had to be in contact with someone between 12:00 and 12:40, the last time his phone pinged, correct? So is it possible he did indeed have problems with his lights and was checking them at truck stop, which explained his time there. As he driving is it possible he received a call from someone needing help. He turns right instead of left, driving at a slower rate of speed than normal, scanning the ditches looking for said person. He sees said person, stops his truck and gets out...leaving it running and everything on and not sitting out his triangles simply because he's only picking up said person. He potentially gives his jacket to said person only to realize he's been set up. They could have simply reached in and shut the truck off, having no need for the cell phone or money. If they were potentially parked farther up the road that may explain why the dogs tracked the scent to the field entrance. I'm new to this so I apologize. MOO

I've been wondering this for a long time. Is there any possibility DS was contacted by someone he cared about who was in need of help. IIRC he was last heard from on the 21st. That means he had to be in contact with someone between 12:00 and 12:40, the last time his phone pinged, correct? So is it possible he did indeed have problems with his lights and was checking them at truck stop, which explained his time there. As he driving is it possible he received a call from someone needing help. He turns right instead of left, driving at a slower rate of speed than normal, scanning the ditches looking for said person. He sees said person, stops his truck and gets out...leaving it running and everything on and not sitting out his triangles simply because he's only picking up said person. He potentially gives his jacket to said person only to realize he's been set up. They could have simply reached in and shut the truck off, having no need for the cell phone or money. If they were potentially parked farther up the road that may explain why the dogs tracked the scent to the field entrance. I'm new to this so I apologize. MOO
I have have this type scenario in mind and it really seems plausible to me. I just can't figure out what the motive would be if it was somebody he knew? By all accounts he seems to be a well like man, active in his community, No known enemies or conflicts? I just can't wrap my head around it.
Someone he knew could have potentially called and said they had a flat or dead battery... set him up for some unknown reason.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back