Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have have this type scenario in mind and it really seems plausible to me. I just can't figure out what the motive would be if it was somebody he knew? By all accounts he seems to be a well like man, active in his community, No known enemies or conflicts? I just can't wrap my head around it.
Someone he knew could have potentially called and said they had a flat or dead battery... set him up for some unknown reason.

If it was someone he knew, in need, why would he not drop off the load of live piggies and then go to them? If they said it was an absolute emergency, surely emergency services would have been more suited to be called so that doesn't really explain it either?

JMO but I think he could have been set up either by some sort of criminals or an aggrieved party. Just because someone's a lovely decent well liked person, doesn't mean a mendacious evil minded criminal isn't targeting them. If that happened IMO it was something en route on the final leg to the unloading place and they caused him to voluntarily stop and then took over him and his truck, driving it to the final place it was found, dragging him into their vehicle, turning the truck off, and disposing of him. MOO

If it was someone he knew, in need, why would he not drop off the load of live piggies and then go to them? If they said it was an absolute emergency, surely emergency services would have been more suited to be called so that doesn't really explain it either?

JMO but I think he could have been set up either by some sort of criminals or an aggrieved party. Just because someone's a lovely decent well liked person, doesn't mean a mendacious evil minded criminal isn't targeting them. If that happened IMO it was something en route on the final leg to the unloading place and they caused him to voluntarily stop and then took over him and his truck, driving it to the final place it was found, dragging him into their vehicle, turning the truck off, and disposing of him. MOO

It fits. Just need the motive to narrow down the participants..

Two things have always stood out to me. One-a person vomiting upon arrival of seeing the parked semi. What could possible make you ill enough to vomit, at this point you really know nothing. Two-family members who were picked up from the airport...so no obvious form of transportation. I've heard many drivers say the only reason they would change route would be to help a family member in need or an obvious family emergency. And who would know his route better than family. I'm not sure that speculation is allowed on this site but lets just say he receives a call from a family member who he knows has no other mode of transportation available to them. He's aware that the weather is fairly cool and the pick up spot is relatively close to where he's to unload his hogs. I believe if it were me I would have swung right, picked up my passenger, and then swung back around to deliver my load. Just trying to run things through my head. MOO

Two things have always stood out to me. One-a person vomiting upon arrival of seeing the parked semi. What could possible make you ill enough to vomit, at this point you really know nothing. Two-family members who were picked up from the airport...so no obvious form of transportation. I've heard many drivers say the only reason they would change route would be to help a family member in need or an obvious family emergency. And who would know his route better than family. I'm not sure that speculation is allowed on this site but lets just say he receives a call from a family member who he knows has no other mode of transportation available to them. He's aware that the weather is fairly cool and the pick up spot is relatively close to where he's to unload his hogs. I believe if it were me I would have swung right, picked up my passenger, and then swung back around to deliver my load. Just trying to run things through my head. MOO
I don't recall the vomiting incident, but pigs stink.

That is an interesting thing (the daughter's vomiting). Could also be the reality set in. They knew since early morning he had possibly been missing since midnight or so, so by the time the truck was found the next day around 3pm or so, they'd been hoping he would turn up and worrying about him for about 6 hours. Maybe seeing the truck with the load still in place in the center of that lane just made it all become more real.

But your other point is interesting as well.

Over the course of this case, I have had times when I thought perhaps there was foul play involved, with any number of scenarios at play, I have thought perhaps a medical emergency caused him to walk away from the truck, and he just has never yet been found, and I have thought about self-harm, with his remains not yet found, despite searches. But the thought that has stayed with me the longest, and the one I think is also one that LE have, is that, for whatever reason, DS just walked away from life as he knew it, and is now living his life somewhere else, and likely with someone else. JMO.

Over the course of this case, I have had times when I thought perhaps there was foul play involved, with any number of scenarios at play, I have thought perhaps a medical emergency caused him to walk away from the truck, and he just has never yet been found, and I have thought about self-harm, with his remains not yet found, despite searches. But the thought that has stayed with me the longest, and the one I think is also one that LE have, is that, for whatever reason, DS just walked away from life as he knew it, and is now living his life somewhere else, and likely with someone else. JMO.
Sort of like the Indiana man, Richard Hoagland who left his young child unattended and simply walked away from his life for 23 years only to be found married to another lady in Florida.

Sort of like the Indiana man, Richard Hoagland who left his young child unattended and simply walked away from his life for 23 years only to be found married to another lady in Florida.
It happens more often that people might think. Not to derail thread, but I followed a case here, a couple years ago, of a young woman in Cape Coral, Fla, who left her job one afternoon, cancelled an appointment to see her two non-custodial children, and disappeared the next day. She hopped on a Greyhound bus and was traced to Tampa, and then the trail ended. She was found 11 months later, apparently well, and living in Ohio.

Last edited:
and just to show how different we all think and reason and feel, I never, ever, not once found enough to lead me to entertain that idea in this case.

But, who knows right now...

I so appreciate all the differing insights and perspectives and reasoning here.

MOO...what would happen if someone talked someone into making a phone call in order to get the driver to turn right and start looking for the person who had called, the driver turns right driving at a slow rate of speed scanning the ditches looking for his caller. (explains our drive time from the exit ramp to the location of truck) it's dark driver doesn't see well at night but he's searching for the caller. If said caller arrives at the truck the next afternoon and realization sets in that they may have been apart of the drivers disappearance not really realizing what making that call was going to set into play. If I was that caller I might vomit too. However raising some fine pork myself I do know how bad hogs smell :) I've ran all the other scenarios through my head right along with everyone else. My problem is that why would a driver leave his wallet and cell phone in a truck parked in the driving lane with a trailer full of hogs. And all I keep coming back to is driver after driver saying they would only turn right for a loved one. So who was the loved one? Once again just running thoughts through my head.

I'm missing something...can someone point me towards a source that someone vomited upon seeing the truck?
It may have been in an interview Sarah did that is part of a video. She is the person who told the public that she and her daughter drove up behind the truck after it was found and her daughter vomited. In the first several pages of this thread is probably a link to that video interview. I’m trying to find it.

I'm missing something...can someone point me towards a source that someone vomited upon seeing the truck?
Here you go. Start listening at 38:00 for context, and around 48:00 Sarah mentions her daughter and her friend showed up and her daughter got sick. I imagine the truck, the police presence, the dogs, her mom being frantic, etc., all contributed to that.

Last edited:
I think maybe, just speculation, he was not happy. Still loves his boys though. He was really going to leave, and and start a new life with his boys. Half the time with his boys at least. And some people were not happy with this. Just to be straight, I'm not saying SS had a hit on her husband , just that maybe some crazy maniac thought he or they or whomever, would stick up for her. Ha!!!! I don't know what the heck, it could fit. Opinion only

That is an interesting thing (the daughter's vomiting). Could also be the reality set in. They knew since early morning he had possibly been missing since midnight or so, so by the time the truck was found the next day around 3pm or so, they'd been hoping he would turn up and worrying about him for about 6 hours. Maybe seeing the truck with the load still in place in the center of that lane just made it all become more real.

But your other point is interesting as well.
Okay and so then they all decided to go to a restaurant and have a nice dinner?

Maybe there was a smell from all the pigs in the truck that upset her stomach.

Imo

I think maybe, just speculation, he was not happy. Still loves his boys though. He was really going to leave, and and start a new life with his boys. Half the time with his boys at least. And some people were not happy with this. Just to be straight, I'm not saying SS had a hit on her husband , just that maybe some crazy maniac thought he or they or whomever, would stick up for her. Ha!!!! I don't know what the heck, it could fit. Opinion only
I have been thinking the same thing and it would not surprise me. IMO

MOO but I feel like there could be some truth to this. He doesn't attend Sunday dinner with her family due to work obligations, even thought they are both employed, he chooses a load over an early Thanksgiving meal. He potentially was expected to deliver his load around midnight. He's approximately 22 miles from his home IIRC so he could have been in his own bed by possibly 2 a.m. Knowing they as a family, were going to be spending the day together, husband included, I would be questioning where he was before the approximate 10 a.m. knock on the door looking for him but there seemed to be little concern up to that point. Then continuing to eat dinner with the rest of the family before finding his truck later in the afternoon leaves me with questions regarding the relationship also.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back