Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone else think David was murdered and his body was weighted down and dumped in a body of water? (Thinking of the little Audri Cunningham situation.)
Unlike with Audri, we don’t have a suspect to lead us to a location.

I am in the Des Moines metro so I am unfamiliar with the waterways or lakes near David’s area, but didn’t Jake Rowley have a search at one point out by Brushy Creek State Park because of some kind of tip? I cannot remember reading that the water was searched for David, though. If his body was weighted down somewhere, and no search was executed, he would most likely never be found or not for a long time at least.

Does anyone else think David was murdered and his body was weighted down and dumped in a body of water? (Thinking of the little Audri Cunningham situation.)
Unlike with Audri, we don’t have a suspect to lead us to a location.

I am in the Des Moines metro so I am unfamiliar with the waterways or lakes near David’s area, but didn’t Jake Rowley have a search at one point out by Brushy Creek State Park because of some kind of tip? I cannot remember reading that the water was searched for David, though. If his body was weighted down somewhere, and no search was executed, he would most likely never be found or not for a long time at least.
The only way i see that is for revenge.

For me, this is a good example of the problem with motive in this case. The first two posts make perfect sense, the third post blows them both up. I see the logic in them all. Of course there could have been a "straw that broke the camel's back" moment and in an instant, he made a decision.

Three months in and seemingly no closer to an answer to what happened to David. Did he end it all, walk away from his life, or foul play? Anyone know how to insert a poll, is that even possible? If so, I'd like to see everyone's opinion.

I have a question, to see if I can make the third post not blow up the first two.

Who would become involved if you default on a large truck payment? Would the bank start asking questions?
David disappeared very "Cleanly" almost with a nice little bow. Truck payments made, extra cash sitting in the truck, phone left, almost like there is no loose ends. That's why I honestly think he left. He didn't want to deal with a divorce, didn't want to deal with drama just wanted to leave and he did. MOO

I have a question, to see if I can make the third post not blow up the first two.

Who would become involved if you default on a large truck payment? Would the bank start asking questions?
David disappeared very "Cleanly" almost with a nice little bow. Truck payments made, extra cash sitting in the truck, phone left, almost like there is no loose ends. That's why I honestly think he left. He didn't want to deal with a divorce, didn't want to deal with drama just wanted to leave and he did. MOO
Regarding the truck question, I recall a news item not long ago. Some Iowa bank had been closed by bank regulators as it had become insolvent due to poorly qualified loan volume. Indicated these loans were largely on trucks and not only domiciled in Iowa but pretty far flung over the country. Will look it up and review as to how it might be connected here.
Very easy to wash 100K via one large truck finance.

Here is the link:

Regarding the truck question, I recall a news item not long ago. Some Iowa bank had been closed by bank regulators as it had become insolvent due to poorly qualified loan volume. Indicated these loans were largely on trucks and not only domiciled in Iowa but pretty far flung over the country. Will look it up and review as to how it might be connected here.
Very easy to wash 100K via one large truck finance.

Here is the link:
If you need any help researching anything shoot me a message.

my understanding is that these are much older trucks that he had. not big pricey ones. the Peterbilt was what year?

If no one is making payments, it would likely go through the repo process after so many missed payments. As far as how things should be handled when someone goes missing, this info may be useful-

Jmo

my understanding is that these are much older trucks that he had. not big pricey ones. the Peterbilt was what year?
That Peterbilt-1999; without all the late electronics tattletales and helper driver alarms, would easily sell for more than it sold new. I personally know a man; who bought a trick thru Schneider, leased it on for 3 years and sold it 6 months ago for it original cost. He was retiring. There are a lot of new class 8 trucks going for over 120K. A three year old truck well cared for is in demand....

Just to shove out another tangent for optional mulching.
We have had it advanced that David could have become involved with the drug pushers. Actively to transport, distribute, as he traveled.. OR as an innocent who happened to become aware of it and was THOUGHT to be a LE risk.

Let's go to the bank failure. When it all is settled and the truth come out, it was probably a scheme of financing used trucks at zero or a side deal for down payment, to a conspiring dealer, with much cash skimmed off as all went thru.

Overlay this hypothesis on the drug involvement one. Could cause a similar effect... For mulling only....

Following is a comment on similar doings in the past. There is nothing new when it comes to $ and murder...
As an example..
Monday, November 06, 2023 at 11:34 am
As others have pointed out, this may have been a scam deal for people to skim money from loans. Back in the ’90’s there was a famous case in Indiana involving a truck dealer and a finance company where everybody got approved and many of the loans had sub-loans for the down payment all set up. Seems the finance company had ringers in control and people were making money on the skim. Tiny dealership suddenly began selling tons of trucks and customers coming from all over the country because the word went around fast that this dealer could “make it happen” even if you had little to no money."

Last edited:
That Peterbilt-1999; without all the late electronics tattletales and helper driver alarms, would easily sell for more than it sold new. I personally know a man; who bought a trick thru Schneider, leased it on for 3 years and sold it 6 months ago for it original cost. He was retiring. There are a lot of new class 8 trucks going for over 120K. A three year old truck well cared for is in demand....
I am a little confused. A 1999 truck is 23 years old. Same truck my guy has, 1999 Peterbilt. He paid $25K and the motor had been rebuilt, had 400K on it when he got it. Still driving it. He bought it last year. Had 1990 (I think) Mack before this one.

Last edited:
I am a little confused. A 1999 truck is 23 years old. Same truck my guy has, 1999 Peterbilt. He paid $25K and the motor had been rebuilt, had 400K on it when he got it. Still driving it. He bought it last year. Had 1990 (I think) Mack before this one.
So, search for good use KW, Peterbilt's. Then 2018 and up Cascadia's with <300K miles.The prices you will see for "good specd/well maintained" trucks with documentation might surprise you. And, the market prices of what you will see is now 6 to 9K less than last year.

So, search for good use KW, Peterbilt's. Then 2018 and up Cascadia's with <300K miles.The prices you will see for "good specd/well maintained" trucks with documentation might surprise you. And, the market prices of what you will see is now 6 to 9K less than last year.
Thank you OldAce.I am only a little familiar with the newer models from other drivers. My guy is Old School. Even has it as part of his logo on his truck! He likes older models. They make him a good living and get the job done so not going to say he is wrong. Exact daily jobs the other drivers in their $100K and above rigs are doing. My guy has over 2 million miles of driving. Been driving since 1984. His perspective may be different.

@OldAce am i getting this right??? David's Pete that he hadn't driven yet (but it was a headlight away from being on the road) may have depreciated in value since he flew to California to buy it????

ETA & OT: sorry but hopefully these old peterbilts being discussed have the older style of round headlights....yep, REAL nice looking rigs - SHARP even. (ooops my age is showing ha)

@OldAce am i getting this right??? David's Pete that he hadn't driven yet (but it was a headlight away from being on the road) may have depreciated in value since he flew to California to buy it????

ETA & OT: sorry but hopefully these old peterbilts being discussed have the older style of round headlights....yep, REAL nice looking rigs - SHARP even. (ooops my age is showing ha)
Sorry. I am under the impression the tornado totaled his old BLUE truck, he found the RED truck(1999-Shown in pics w/twins) in California and flew out to get it as a replacement to continue working. This YELLOW truck drifted in with comment of the headlight and he was hot for it apparently as SS wailed he had not gotten to drive it.
Doubt if it has depreciated much in the eyes of older Peterbilt Owner/Ops. They see, they want, they bring the cash.
Like David, apparently he held the YELLOW in higher regard than his RED.

And he can probably sell it within 24 hours for more than he gave for it. The older Peterbilts and KW/s were built solid, easily run to 500K, roll in rod and main bearings, work the pump, continue to do oil changes and filters, do an in frame at 850K to 1 M. Cab and chassis still good.
Expressions: "If it won't run, put chrome on it..." and: "Nehmine the mule being pore, just load the wagon..""

This conversation is bringing back memories of a conservatorship mentioned back in thread #2- hmmmm.

Sorry. I am under the impression the tornado totaled his old BLUE truck, he found the RED truck(1999-Shown in pics w/twins) in California and flew out to get it as a replacement to continue working. This YELLOW truck drifted in with comment of the headlight and he was hot for it apparently as SS wailed he had not gotten to drive it.
Doubt if it has depreciated much in the eyes of older Peterbilt Owner/Ops. They see, they want, they bring the cash.
Like David, apparently he held the YELLOW in higher regard than his RED.
The 99 & older don’t have elog, therefore they are sought after. We have a 99 KW and we could easily get 50K for it as is, needing a head gasket.

On another note, can anyone find the old articles from may wise about the eagle grove pig farm drug ring/bust? I used to be able to see the articles but they seem to be gone, which is making me wonder if he was a witness or something…. I’d like to know when court is for that case..

On another note, can anyone find the old articles from may wise about the eagle grove pig farm drug ring/bust? I used to be able to see the articles but they seem to be gone, which is making me wonder if he was a witness or something…. I’d like to know when court is for that case..
Is that something that was here?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back