IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no dock there. It's fenced to the lake and higway side. It's a drainage area. It's the only place I would think that no one would enter the lake. Why not just walk down ten more feet and go in without fence and what not.

That isn't thought also. From arbutus to where their bikes were found is the only part of the trail that is sheilded by trees.

They haven't said but lyrics dad was participating in the search this weekend.

I cannot speak to lyrics living arrangements but elizabeth lives with both her mother and father. Always has. I presume her mother has spent very little if any time of Facebook in the last few days and wouldn't think it was odd that she hasn't posted any dissing info or pictures.

Actually I was not talking about her not posting photos in the past few days, I am talking at all ever. She has a lot of albums and very little photos of Elizabeth, but lots of other kids (I assume her own?). I just thought it was odd, because her profile picture is one from 2011 of Elizabeth, one of the very few she has posted of her at all over the years. And it's not that there are no recent albums either, there are.

Black Hawk County Sheriff's Deputy Rick Abben says local, state and federal authorities have been "grasping for straws" in the frantic search for 8-year-old Elizabeth and her 10-year-old cousin, Lyric.

Abben says no eyewitnesses have reported seeing the girls. They've been missing since leaving their grandmother's house Friday afternoon in Evansdale.

Several hundred volunteers helped search the area Saturday
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-missing-iowa-girls-case-sheriff-deputy-says/

I woke up early today and turned on KWQC here in the quad cities and the news story was about Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook and what struck me as odd was one of the mothers, cannot remember which one, was speaking to the media and she did not seem upset at all, very disturbing since not only is her daughter missing but her neice also. I'm not making any suggestions, just saying I'm bothered by the lack of emotion shown by one of the girls mother. She was smiling and just seemed like she didn't have a care in the world. I tried to find the video but all I could find was the article.
http://www.kwqc.com/story/19031660/hundreds-search-for-missing-iowa-girls

Maybe she is on a tranquilizer. I know I would have to be.

This is plausible, although the perp would have to be fishing at the least-accessible spot of the lake, and had to lure them well around a fence. I have seen people back there, though, and they did appear to be fishing. I believe, in perhaps 100 times I've passed that spot, I've seen activity back there exactly one time.

The thing is, at that spot in the trail, you simply don't "happen upon" anyone that is not also on the trail, generally. Unless you are at the spot where the fence ends, which may be visible from the road, you'd be enclosed on the trail, surrounded by 8ft chain-link on both sides. The fence ends quite a ways from the lake's edge.

I would like to take my digital video recorder down there and get a shot of us passing through the area. Not sure how to post it here, though. Got my kids with me, but I bet we could document the area fairly and be back here within an hour.

I haven't had a good look at the map and the direction the girls were going. Could you tell me if the girls would have been heading east on the trail (towards the woods), or would have they been traveling west on the trail (would have already past the woods)? Thanks in advance.

The lake is being drained now. Police are now stopping cars. Little late for that

Hey, don't beat yourself up over it, it's not worth it. You did great.
I just looked on my computer, that guy that killed the Lisk sisters? It has an amazing article on him, Richard Marc Evonitz. The guy STALKED them. He knew their routine. He apparently stalked Sofia Silva. The girls never made it in the door from their bus stops. He stalked his victims, but when the last one didn't follow her usual routine, he went for plan B. What an amazing girl! The guy had her handcuffed to the headboard of the bed, and she unscrewed a piece of the headboard and escaped. Excellent, Kara.That drew him to the attention of the police.

I dont know what link you posted but I dont believe he stalked the girls he actually abducted.

He did stalk other girls ,watching a co workers child ,stealing her underwear and the poor man who worked with Marc did not even know about this until the FBI told him.

JodiR, doing a canvass on a weekday around the same time they went missing can be helpful in cases like this because they can question people who may have been driving by the area at the same time on a weekday (like delivery trucks, people going to and from work or lunch, etc etc)

:moo:

If the lake is being drained they must not be 100% confident they are not in the lake and that they have very little to go on. On another map it looked like their bikes were found pretty close to that wooded area. :/

If the lake is being drained they must not be 100% confident they are not in the lake and that they have very little to go on. On another map it looked like their bikes were found pretty close to that wooded area. :/

:what: That's what I thought when I came back and read they were draining the lake!

The story as we have heard it does not make much sense. For example :

1. Why would someone stage the bikes and purse by the lake ? They would have had a great deal of trouble parking a vehicle. And they would have been taking a huge risk to carry the bikes to that spot,or try to throw them there. Why take that risk at all , it's Iowa, aren't there a lot of secluded lanes, and fields where a perp could have left the bikes ? It did no good to leave the bikes by the lake. LE has dragged the lake.The girls are not there...

2. If it is true that the girls were last seen behing the clothing store at 12 :15, how could a perp have had time to lure them into a house, subdue them, put their bikes,and a purse, into a vehicle, drive out to the lake, stage the bikes and purse there... and all before 12 :27 p.m. when the biker saw the girls' bikes ?

3. If they were lured into a vehicle in the downtown area, why would a perp take the time to also load their bikes into his vehicle ? When he only would have had a small window of oportunity to take off with the girls ?

I think there is a whole lot LE is not saying. And they have still not called this a non-family abduction ?

JMO

Was watching HLN and they had JVM talking about the case, she is going to have the grandma on tonight. The grandmother is saying it is very unlikely they would have gone swimming, they were very girlie and liked to keep their makeup, clothes, shoes, etc. looking nice. Also said they have went for bike rides a thousand times and were never gone more than 20 or 30 minutes. I think this is looking more and more like they were picked up long before getting to the lake.

The story as we have heard it does not make much sense. For example :

1. Why would someone stage the bikes and purse by the lake ? They would have had a great deal of trouble parking a vehicle. And they would have been taking a huge risk to carry the bikes to that spot,or try to throw them there. Why take that risk at all , it's Iowa, aren't there a lot of secluded lanes, and fields where a perp could have left the bikes ? It did no good to leave the bikes by the lake. LE has dragged the lake.The girls are not there...

2. If it is true that the girls were last seen behing the clothing store at 12 :15, how could a perp have had time to lure them into a house, subdue them, put their bikes,and a purse, into a vehicle, drive out to the lake, stage the bikes and purse there... and all before 12 :27 p.m. when the biker saw the girls' bikes ?

3. If they were lured into a vehicle in the downtown area, why would a perp take the time to also load their bikes into his vehicle ? When he only would have had a small window of oportunity to take off with the girls ?

I think there is a whole lot LE is not saying. And they have still not called this a non-family abduction ?

JMO

Actually the police are not even calling it an abduction. Just a missing person's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper