IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.But one of the girls' mothers did say that both girls were "outdoorsy " they played outside often apparently. Since they did take their bikes, it seems kind of unlikely that they would have been right outside their grandmother's house ? I think you are probably right it does seem like an abduction...

I read some of the posts on that last news update and one poster said there are several SO'ers in the area.... Somehow that does not surprise me
Only several?

I was just thinking being 8 and 10 yrs old they had to stay close,
My kids wouldnt be allowed to wander. And Grandmom was very worried, this was what made me think they were supposed to stay close ,

Being outdoorsey to me just means they liked being outside,
I can see them being allowed to ride the neighborhood but not out by a lake
and most def not swimming alone!

This reminds me of the two young girls found shot cant remember where it was but it was very sad...they were out walking or riding bikes

I think it makes the most sense that 1) the purse was thrown out of reach when one of the girls went to call for help or 2) thrown from the start by someone that knew the phone was in the purse and wanted to make sure they couldn't grab the phone and use it.

Aside from the implication of what it means if someone knew the phone was in the purse would the girls have ran for help if one of them was grabbed or would they have stayed and tried to help their cousin? It wouldn't be impossible for an adult to grab and control 2 young girls but it would be easier if you were close enough to them to know that one would obey you if you threatened her with hurting her cousin otherwise.

I feel pretty sure that these 2 precious girls were abducted and my gut is telling me that they were taken by someone that knew them well and was able to lure them to where the bikes were found then get them to a vehicle or residence from there. I think they had better be checking nearby homes and buildings. God help these 2 little girls and their small town if the worst comes to be the outcome.

A friend dropped by and I'm only now getting back online. I was hoping to find that the girls had been found. :(

So much for the timeline. This story says the girls were last seen riding their bikes "behind Lederman’s Big & Tall Clothing, 3524 Lafayette Road, about 12:15 p.m. on Friday."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html
(posted at 5:45 pm today)

the last known sighting of the girls is about two miles from where their bikes were found. Ledermans is in downtown evansdale,though our downtown isn't very big.

I helped In a search group that covered a heavily wooded area today and it seemed much more organized and that we were covering a lot of local ground. I know they were going door to door in the neighborhood around the lake as well. The FBI and many other law enforcement agencies are now involved.

It's been a long time now since anyone has seen these precious girls :(

Both posters state what Lyric was wearing, but nothing for Elizabeth.

Hollye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it really difficult to believe that Lyric is 145 lbs.

Other reports have stated that she is stocky. At almost 5 feet tall, that would sound accurate, though it is hard to tell to tell from the photo. Elizabeth is clearly a lot smaller, being nearly a foot shorter and less than half of Lyric's weight.

Hollye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much for the timeline. This story says the girls were last seen riding their bikes "behind Lederman’s Big & Tall Clothing, 3524 Lafayette Road, about 12:15 p.m. on Friday."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html
(posted at 5:45 pm today)

TY, this is helpful...this would be the downtown sighting that was originally reported to have been at 12 :30 pm...it does throw the timeline off, but I just think the girls' grandmother may have been slightly mistaken about the time that she last saw them. Say, it really might have been a bit earlier than 12 :15, assuming that the sighting of them downtown by the Lederman's store was really at 12 :15...every minute counts.

I wonder if they were seen talking to anyone downtown ? I am very glad that the FBI is now helping the local LE...

I spent the day at the beach with my ball team. All of those kids are 7-10. I couldn't get these two young girls out of my mind. I'm so worried that something happened to them. This reminds me so much of when I was about 12. My cousin and I were staying with my grandma. One day, my cousin's soda got stuck in a machine outside of a grocery store. He tried to put his hand in the thing, and he was able to pull it out. Then he discovered that he could reach inside the machine and pull out soda after soda. At night, we sneaked out of my grandma's house and went down and stole about 10 sodas. Then we headed for home. On the way, a man in a truck stopped to ask us if we were okay. I don't recall how we responded. It's been 25 years. Surely we didn't get in the truck. But we might have jumped in. I just remember that I had these two wooden paddles that we used with a little rubber ball. When we got home, my grandma chased my cousin with that paddle and gave him a nice smack on the butt. The idiot ran the wrong way and got trapped in the corner. She never got to me.

That story just makes me think two girls that young might not expect trouble from someone and might be too trusting. I know there has been talk of the girls' online communication. I just find it difficult to imagine a situation where a 10-year-old girl would be willing to leave her family with some unknown person. Where would this person promise to take her? Disney World?

The person who took these two girls needs to release her NOW. This will not end well if they are not turned over to their family right away. Please let these girls be safe. They have families that love them.

TY, this is helpful...this would be the downtown sighting that was originally reported to have been at 12 :30 pm...it does throw the timeline off, but I just think the girls' grandmother may have been slightly mistaken about the time that she last saw them. Say, it really might have been a bit earlier than 12 :15, assuming that the sighting of them downtown by the Lederman's store was really at 12 :15...every minute counts.

I wonder if they were seen talking to anyone downtown ? I am very glad that the FBI is now helping the local LE...

All someone had to was follow them.

Remember Elizabeth Olten and alyssa Bustamante!

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/young/alyssa_bustamante/1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33