IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right her maiden names Bertch that must be her brother, my bad. Her dad is also Rb.

Bill is her husband.

I believe her first husband was Bertch, that's the last name of her 3 (or more) kids, and before she married the current husband, her name was Tammy Eastman Bertch. Unless. of course, she had all 3 before she was ever married.

Boy I really messed that up, I'd better be quite for a while. Lol

I don't know what you were trying to do, but I saw a nice picture of a man handing flowers to a couple of little girls at a vigil???

ETA: never mind, I guess you were referring to a subsequent post.

Don't worry about the name mix up, it's been known to happen to the best of us IMO.

Try this, I'm experimenting. I clicked the link icon. May or may not work.

http://binged.it/NHPslz

Doesn't load for me. No biggy, I think we may be thinking of two different "views". I think I was the first to post a bing map of the lake area, and tried at that time for a street view because it was lacking from google maps. Getting that view from Bing is very rare...or at least from what I have found. Thanks tho!!

I've been reading everything I can find on meth, because it is shocking to me how pervasive it is among so many of the players in this case. What I'm learning has horrified me. I have never been exposed to meth in my life, and I've done my share of big city partying and seen lots of Hollywood drug use. I have been wondering why I never have known ANYONE who has used meth. It was interesting to learn that I haven't come across it BECAUSE I live in a big city. Apparently, it breaks all the old drug molds -- instead of starting in port cities and moving inland -- instead it starts in the heartland, in tiny little towns where people DON'T have as easy access to heroin and crack.

I just found that interesting. I'm sure you all already knew that and I am just WAY behind. LOL! But I'm getting a better understanding for how this scourge spreads across communities and does the damage we are seeing unfold before our eyes.

I feel the same way. The answer is there but we haven't found it, so close...
This case reminds me of Haleigh Cummings, because of the family and relatives. I just hope they are found soon. I am searching for anything that might be something, seeing lots of weird stuff I didn't think was out there. We have lots of strange folks with strange ideas walking this planet. Not bashing anyone, I may be strange to someone else, but I am not looking for sex on the Internet, omg. My eyes...

BBM

I agree. This case is so much like poor little Haleigh's. And in the end, the only way that LE could get any justice for her was to just try and lock a bunch of them up on different charges. That is not very satisfying though. I wish she could have been retrieved and given the proper burial she deserves.

So this case makes me feel that same sense of frustration, with the various dysfunctional family relationships which seem to muddy the waters. :rose:

I feel the same way. The answer is there but we haven't found it, so close...
This case reminds me of Haleigh Cummings, because of the family and relatives. I just hope they are found soon. I am searching for anything that might be something, seeing lots of weird stuff I didn't think was out there. We have lots of strange folks with strange ideas walking this planet. Not bashing anyone, I may be strange to someone else, but I am not looking for sex on the Internet, omg. My eyes...

No kidding...

I tell ya....sometimes I get a feel for things and sometimes I don't.

I'm not really sure what happened here. But I think its one of two things:
Drug-related abduction
Pedo abduction

Its very frustrating when you are following a case like this as hard as you can for several weeks and eventually, you feel like you're spinning round and round. That is how I have felt about the Holly Bobo case. I ended up take a couple months off that thread. It's so discouraging to sit and wonder what really happened. Sometimes you just think, "Where is she?"....or "Where are they?"

I just read something that sent a chill up my spine:

"The solvents used to make meth literally gouge out their brain. After only a couple of weeks, tweakers suffer permanent brain damage. And that's not counting the neurochemical part. Meth addicts can't make dopamine anymore, which sends them into such a deep depression, they want to kill themselves, or the people around them."
-- Lynn Eul, youth violence and drug prevention coordinator at the Snohomish county prosecutor's office

I even tried "remote viewing" it. Came up with some interesting stuff...I told my DH and he just looked at me like "you are nuts". LOL

I've been reading everything I can find on meth, because it is shocking to me how pervasive it is among so many of the players in this case. What I'm learning has horrified me. I have never been exposed to meth in my life, and I've done my share of big city partying and seen lots of Hollywood drug use. I have been wondering why I never have known ANYONE who has used meth. It was interesting to learn that I haven't come across it BECAUSE I live in a big city. Apparently, it breaks all the old drug molds -- instead of starting in port cities and moving inland -- instead it starts in the heartland, in tiny little towns where people DON'T have as easy access to heroin and crack.

I just found that interesting. I'm sure you all already knew that and I am just WAY behind. LOL! But I'm getting a better understanding for how this scourge spreads across communities and does the damage we are seeing unfold before our eyes.

I don't know if you came across this link but it seems pretty accurate to this Iowan:

http://www.thefix.com/content/how-americas-meth-queen-melted-down?page=all

For a more in-depth look, try the book Methland: The Death and Life of an American Small Town by Nick Reding.

Iowa has managed to push most of the big meth labs out by restricting the sale of products containing pseudoephedrine. It helps that the shake'n'bake method was discovered, so that those are are making meth are no longer confined to farmhouses.

Most meth production these days is in Mexico, where pseudoephedrine is not controlled, LE is barely present and the drug cartels already had distribution methods set up.

But, as Ollipop has posted already, I doubt there's an Iowan who is not within 2-3 degrees of separation from someone who is connected to meth.

BBM

I agree. This case is so much like poor little Haleigh's. And in the end, the only way that LE could get any justice for her was to just try and lock a bunch of them up on different charges. That is not very satisfying though. I wish she could have been retrieved and given the proper burial she deserves.

So this case makes me feel that same sense of frustration, with the various dysfunctional family relationships which seem to muddy the waters. :rose:
I thought all along the kidnapper was Donald Lee Sapp, RSO. I still think that...
Poor little girl...

Jaime, I live in NY and have never seen anything like this. :twocents:

I thought it was the first driveway in your pic.:waitasec:

I had posted a map way back in a different thread and highlighted the first house in error. House # is 166.

Tammy Brousseau, center, is hugged by daughter KB, front, and niece KB, back, after becoming emotional during an interview given regarding Brousseau's two missing nieces Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, of Waterloo, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, of Evansdale, on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at Meyer Lake in Evansdale, Iowa. Cook-Morrissey and Collins disappeared near Meyer Lake on Friday, July 13, 2012. (DAWN J. SAGERT / Courier Staff Photographer)

I was watching some videos last night and it struck me that TB's children are very affectionate with her. I've seen quite a few videos which had one or more of the children in it and they are seen holding her hand, rubbing her on the back as she talks to reporters, giving her hugs, etc. They look like such sweet children. It struck me how very awful this is as there are quite a few other children who must be terrorized over this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase