IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video the reporter says the road is blocked off, they have K-9 dogs, a flood light, and they are searching the cornfield row by row. Whatever it is, it is important enough to light up a cornfield at night and use dogs. I hope it is not bad news. :(

Check the scanner thread.

I know!!!! If it is in fact connected it can't be good!! :(

It could be related to someone's comment on a "forest man" abduction? I don't recollect at the moment where I first heard - whether FB rumor or from website (abc news) comment.

Current Theory #2
Who: JW's family
Theory: There was a post on JW's wall where he puked out a thought about haters gonna hate and one of the comments he received back was a comment about disapproving of who he is seeing. What if the family was trying to throw a wrench into things and cause stress on MCM, but things got out of hand.

I always thought JW to be weird. What's surprising is he still hasn't mentioned anything about the missing girls yet.

i don't agree with the family members theory but may be JW linked to meth-gansta and he already had devious plans about what to do/sell (girls).

This couldn't have been a crime of opportunity because there was no opportunity to abduct two girls in a secluded, double-fenced part of the trail if a vehicle was parked some distance away. Either the cyclist is mistaken, or the girls were abducted at the location within minutes of being seen 1.5 miles away and the perp was waiting for them.

I've been following this case and I'm so shocked that they are still missing. I was hoping at first they'd just biked too far and gotten lost (it happened to me at their age, but I had gotten lost in our small town in Iowa..I luckily saw someone I knew and they let me call my folks and they came and got me)

Now though I think a pedophile has taken them. I've read the theory that a family member has them (because of how Lyric's parents are) but there would be too many complications on keeping them...for instance, school. They'd have to start in september, how could someone without custody sign them up for school? Not to mention when they actually went then everyone would realize where they've been. They couldn't just keep the girls holed up inside forever.

I have an 8 1/2 year old son and can't imagine him being missing. The pain and anguish the families are going through is unimaginable. I hope the girls come home soon.

searching at night? :waitasec:

I saw this on the news last night! My heart skipped a beat HOPING they weren't searching for these girls UNLESS someone took them to the middle of a cornfield, ran, and left them there (giving themselves time to get away) and MAYBE they will be found alive?:please:

I saw this on the news last night! My heart skipped a beat HOPING they weren't searching for these girls UNLESS someone took them to the middle of a cornfield, ran, and left them there (giving themselves time to get away) and MAYBE they will be found alive?:please:

I just find it odd to search at night.

How do I get to the scanner thread?

I believe that thread is in conjunction with the Black Hawk County Sheriff...if you were maybe looking for info on the cornfield search I believe that search was in Linn County.

FWIW - My understanding is that the cornfield search isn't in relation to the missing girls. :(

I just find it odd to search at night.

The only reason I could think of was that there was an anonymous call in indicating they needed to search the cornfield. From my undertanding though...that search wasn't in relation to the girls. :(

I have a question regarding cupcake birthday.
Were the parents there? Any updates?

If they were searching the field for the girls, I wouldn't think they would say. IDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025