DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the ABC article:

"Several "persons of interest" have been interviewed in the case,"

Who??

They also interviewed mr. Reed, who was arrested elsewhere. He was determined to not have been in the area.

From the ABC article:

"Several "persons of interest" have been interviewed in the case,"

Who??

Another million dollar question $$$$ I was hoping you could tell me. :confused: Nobody coming forward to say they were questioned...

I may have my head too far into this case, grasping at straws or reading too much into peoples words. I thought it strange on MCM FB page she said God is going to bring THESE girls home, instead of OUR girls, but I also saw where Aunt Tammy said we just want OUR girls home. MCM is of a smaller frame, while Aunt T is much larger build. Look at those pictures of Lyric, do you see MCM or Aunt T ??? Just a honest thought!

Your post certainly has me thinking! :waitasec:

I guess I'm trying to see if he fits into this somehow. Especially with cindersoot's encounter with him. If he happened to be at the lake that day, did he cross paths with the girls?

Totally understandable. IIRC, the LE spokesman said in an early PC that all the RSO's had been cleared. I understood that to mean the 9 or so that lived in Evansdale. The one cindersoot claims to have seen technically does not live in Evansdale. He lives in an apartment with several other RSO's, fwiw. And there are about 240 in the Waterloo-Cedar Falls-Evansdale "metropolitan" area, pop 160k+.

FWIW, with the laws concerning where RSO's can and cannot live, it only stands to reason that if one finds an apartment, others would live close. There are limited options, so with 200+ looking for a place to sleep, they would get concentrated in small areas away from schools, parks, etc.

I have a hard time believing that, at the time of the early PC when the spokesman said all the RSO's were cleared, that he was referring to every RSO in the greater area, simply the ones actually in Evansdale.

Just my opinion.

Here's how it plays in my head.

The girls were instructed to go to the lake.

They were on a mission, and NOT one of their own.

Someone knew they were coming, waited in the "trap".

Called them....quick, you have to come, we have to go to x, its an emergency/surprise, get in the car. Leave your bikes, x and x will get them home for you....or, leave your bikes, its an emergency, we will come back for them...or leave your bikes, they'll be fine.

Whatever. The girls were obeying someone they knew and trusted.

They jump in the car that just happens to come along at exactly the right second (there HAS to be more than one perp imo) and poof...gone.

Not only is this the most likely scenario, I believe it is the ONLY scenario that makes sense. I believe TG saw the bikes around 12.20 and is the one thing that wasn't planned for.

This is OPINION only so no need to get snarky if it doesn't fit yours.

Thanks.

:moo:

If the girls were kidnapped in town somewhere, and their bikes were left behind, I could easily see a scenario where some kids/teens took a quick ride on the bikes and dumped them at the lake.

I and others have thought about this as well. But ... if someone had seen the girls on their bike earlier (even if he saw them the day before), wouldn't someone had seen to other kids riding bikes in the area too? Just wondering how so few people saw the girls riding ...

We know Misty and Dan have been repeatedly interviewed, in a very hostile manner, including a dawn raid on their hotel room and a subsequent 3 hour interrogation.

LE have actually accused Dan of harming/killing the girls.

He stormed out of an LDT when the questions got too....what?

Consider how other parents of missing babies are treated, then consider how these two have been treated.

Join the dots.

Not sure if you are suggesting that the parents of these missing "babies" are being treated differently than other parents of missing children? Not sure what dots I am to join here?

IMO all parents are treated as suspects initially and I am hard pressed to think of any recent cases where parents were not treated as suspect and repeatedly interviewed by LE, and there aren't many recent cases I can think of where LE has not used the interview tactic of "we know you know more than you are telling us" "c'mon, you did it - we know you did, just tell us what happened" etc.

Are you suggesting this case is different in this regard?

TIA

Called them....quick, you have to come, we have to go to x, its an emergency/surprise, get in the car. Leave your bikes, x and x will get them home for you....or, leave your bikes, its an emergency, we will come back for them...or leave your bikes, they'll be fine.

They jump in the car that just happens to come along at exactly the right second (there HAS to be more than one perp imo) and poof...gone.

Not only is this the most likely scenario, I believe it is the ONLY scenario that makes sense. I believe TG saw the bikes around 12.20 and is the one thing that wasn't planned for.

Thanks.

Extremely likely. How do you explain the purse being over the fence on the lake side?

Thanks.

I'm thinking along the same lines.

They did not start off going North. The video shows them going WEST. At any point, they could have just turned south, and rode to the lake. Or they could have rode around the block and gone back east. Nobody knows. We only know that at 12:15-ish, they were going West.

There seems to be so much discussion about them "going" to Lederman's, going west, going south, etc. First of all, Elizabeth's house is directly across the street from the back of Lederman's, so they didn't really go there - they just crossed the street. The back of Lederman's is visible from the Collin's house.Actually, the video shows them IN the street. The map above is very helpful. Being from the area, I still think the route they took was probably not River Forest Road, and maybe not even Evans Road. I still think if they went west, they probably more than likely turned back onto Morrell or East End, then went directly to Evans Road or even cut through the other side streets, to Elmer and then to the lake. But if they were really seen by the Carpenters on Lake @ Gilbert, they probably went Evans Road or the bike trail. I still cannot understand why nobody saw them that whole way, which is why I keep thinking that they were abducted closer to home and the bikes dumped at the lake. Or, that they were going to visit someone at the end of Evans Road.

can anyone tell me how the surveillance camera stuff works? i assume LE has access to more sophisticated technologies to be able to view such things. but i have a hard time seeing that the images are actually 2 people on bikes let alone a real description!

not trying to side track the dissuasion, but i am always amazed at what people see/think they see/dont see in these videos! how do they say with an absolute certainty?

Jules71 I think you and I are on same wavelenght. I was on FB and a friend of a friend, HB has about 12 pix, the 2nd I think is Aunt T, is so not a very appropriate picture, in my opinion. She has one of Aunt T's prior names.

I thought it was reported the maintenance gate was unlocked....way back in the beginning. If so, they could access inside by lake and someone could have taken the bikes from the wooded area to where they were found and not even access the trail from either end. ?

Hmmmm...I think I see what you are saying. The gate that was unlocked did not lead to the wooded area, but out onto the jetty to access the drain pipe. To get to the woods from the jetty wouldn't be impossible, but tricky. The water is right up to the fence/trail in that spot. My pics showed the view of the jetty and the gate from the wooded area, as well as the trail from the wooded area. Not saying its impossible, but difficult, and there would likely have been tracks in the mud on the shoreline, if there was even room between the lake and the fence to walk, which I'd doubt. It would be all but impossible to get from the woods to the trail, via that gate, carrying a bike. Much easier to just toss em over the fence back in the wooded area, IMO.

Still stuck on crime of opportunity/stranger or non-relative local who is familiar with one or both girls.

I and others have thought about this as well. But ... if someone had seen the girls on their bike earlier (even if he saw them the day before), wouldn't someone had seen to other kids riding bikes in the area too? Just wondering how so few people saw the girls riding ...

Mr Pahl, who owns the cctv, says there were no other cyclists on film for the entire day.

Thanks.

I think it a great scenario! From the video, those girls were definitely riding those bikes with a mission. I had thought maybe they were in a hurry to get to the lake, do whatever they had planned and get back before grandma found out. But, what you say makes good sense too ~ they were in a hurry because they were meeting someone.

And this is why the cyclist didn't think twice. It wasn't until the next day, I believe, when he'd heard that the girls were missing, that he put it together that he may have passed their bikes.

He'd swerved past the bikes on the trail - I'm assuming moving at a good clip. Within a couple minutes, he was at the Casey's on River Forest and used the restroom. Before riding further, he called his daughter. The next day, he discovered the girls were missing, checked his phone to verify the time of that call, discussed it with his daughter (and on FB), then rode over to the lake, from what I understand, and reported it to searchers, who directed him to the Evansdale PD a couple blocks away. He is a well-known, respected citizen of Evansdale, afaik (I do not know him personally).

Maybe it's just me, but since he lives at least 7 miles away, I find it odd he wouldn't have called or driven over to report his findings. He waited and biked over. ???? Not saying he was involved, but I still hope LE checked his vehicle and home...especially if the their timeline doesn't jive with his. JMO Make me start thinking he doesn't want LE to come to his house or see his auto.

Thanks.

I agree 100%. That definitely makes sense. I can even see it working with just one vehicle. However, I think you and I have different ideas of who sprung the trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli