IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the girls were kidnapped in town somewhere, and their bikes were left behind, I could easily see a scenario where some kids/teens took a quick ride on the bikes and dumped them at the lake.

But they would be locals and I think they would have come forward, for fear their prints would be on the bikes. I would be sweatin and shaking if I was a teen that rode that bike there and then learned of the kidnapping. Better to admit to going for a joyride and stealing a few bucks from the purse rather than being questioned for kidnapping 2 kids.

The perps might have ridden the bikes there but that would have been risky, and it called for more than one person.

I just cannot see it working as a staged event. I think the girls rode there themselves.

Unless they rode there themselves, and the bikes were left there either staged or just dropped, then they were whisked away in a waiting car....or they dropped the bikes and went to the place where there was a car waiting willingly, as in pre-arranged (in which case, they might have left the house shortly after 12 and went directly to the lake) In which case, TG would have just missed them...He could be the dog that barked.

If we assume that 2 other people rode the bikes to the lake, is it possible that their shoes picked up the girls' "shoe scent" from the pedals, and they left that scent around the lake?

Also, is it so odd to see a couple of bikes on the ground in a park? Kids are easily distracted. They could have dropped the bikes to investigate something or just run around like kids. Maybe they came across some suspicious activity and were grabbed so they wouldnt tell.

Do we have more than just Grandma's word and the zoomed out video to confirm the 12:15 time?

Do we have more than just Grandma's word and the zoomed out video to confirm the 12:15 time?

I've never seen any official nor unofficial statements or otherwise to say so, no.

If the girls were kidnapped in town somewhere, and their bikes were left behind, I could easily see a scenario where some kids/teens took a quick ride on the bikes and dumped them at the lake.

But they would be locals and I think they would have come forward, for fear their prints would be on the bikes. I would be sweatin and shaking if I was a teen that rode that bike there and then learned of the kidnapping. Better to admit to going for a joyride and stealing a few bucks from the purse rather than being questioned for kidnapping 2 kids.

The perps might have ridden the bikes there but that would have been risky, and it called for more than one person.

I just cannot see it working as a staged event. I think the girls rode there themselves.

But for all we know, LE has been contacted by the hypothetical bike thieves. Could be why the biker's sighting of the two bikes on the trail is not entered on LE's timeline, IMO.

Cindersoot, was the white van parked close to the area where the bikes were left? Were you near that area when he passed you?

Also, is it so odd to see a couple of bikes on the ground in a park? Kids are easily distracted. They could have dropped the bikes to investigate something or just run around like kids. Maybe they came across some suspicious activity and were grabbed so they wouldnt tell.

And this is why the cyclist didn't think twice. It wasn't until the next day, I believe, when he'd heard that the girls were missing, that he put it together that he may have passed their bikes.

He'd swerved past the bikes on the trail - I'm assuming moving at a good clip. Within a couple minutes, he was at the Casey's on River Forest and used the restroom. Before riding further, he called his daughter. The next day, he discovered the girls were missing, checked his phone to verify the time of that call, discussed it with his daughter (and on FB), then rode over to the lake, from what I understand, and reported it to searchers, who directed him to the Evansdale PD a couple blocks away. He is a well-known, respected citizen of Evansdale, afaik (I do not know him personally).

The Collins home appears to be South of the last sighting of the girls.

SE_Meyers_Lake_Timeline.jpg

This map is NOT CORRECT as far as showing where the camera showed the girls. The camera is behind the business on Brovan. So the front of the business may be on Lafayette but the camera is on the rear of the building which is Brovan. It is basically right across the street from the Collins house. The girls were seen riding WEST toward River Forest - they would then have to turn south to get to the lake.

ETA: Sorry I was catching up when I posted this. I see many people have already clarified this.

This is a reply to tlcox's request for a link to the LE having evidence of the girl's being alive. BUT, it is quite interesting that is you bring the article up......it has been changed.

This is what I got from the google search:

Search for Missing Iowa Girls Will Likely Expand - ABC News

abcnews.go.com › US
You +1'd this publicly. [URL="http://www.google.com/search?...,+Breaut,+alive#"][COLOR=#1122cc]Undo[/COLOR]
Jul 22, 2012 – FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said during a news conference that the FBI has found evidence which gives the agency reason to believe that the girls are still alive.

Now....when I bring up the article it has been changed to this:
FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said Sunday that investigators want to talk to anyone who was at Meyers Lake in the northeast Iowa town of Evansdale before 3 p.m. July 13. That's where the girls' bicycles were found

My puter gives me a box asking for the relative search words I had used once inside the article. It has been changed. I also remember us discussing it when the news conference was aired. You'll need to go back to the 21st's posts to see the discussion.

IMO

Very, very interesting!

So he's close to Meyers Lake?

Well, close is relative. There are others who live closer. And he lives across a river and a 4-lane divided highway with a huge cloverleaf between him and the lake. You'd certainly not walk or ride a bike from his place, but yes, he is relatively close.

Wishing Elizabeth and Lyric were home already. Elizabeth's birthday is tomorrow 31 July and I was so hoping they would be found by now.

It is time to come home girls.

Well, close is relative. There are others who live closer. And he lives across a river and a 4-lane divided highway with a huge cloverleaf between him and the lake. You'd certainly not walk or ride a bike from his place, but yes, he is relatively close.

I guess I'm trying to see if he fits into this somehow. Especially with cindersoot's encounter with him. If he happened to be at the lake that day, did he cross paths with the girls?

I may have my head too far into this case, grasping at straws or reading too much into peoples words. I thought it strange on MCM FB page she said God is going to bring THESE girls home, instead of OUR girls, but I also saw where Aunt Tammy said we just want OUR girls home. MCM is of a smaller frame, while Aunt T is much larger build. Look at those pictures of Lyric, do you see MCM or Aunt T ??? Just a honest thought!

It has been speculated that a vehicle could back into the wooded area nearby, but would still have to get the bikes over the 8ft fence. A purse was found on the lake side of the fence, the bikes on the trail side. It has also been speculated that someone else, perhaps local teens, could have come across the bikes and raced down the trail to that secluded area, which would provide them some cover while they checked the contents of the purse. They would then not be seen just abandoning the bikes. However, given the timeline and the sighting of the bikes on the path by a cyclist, that would mean that they would have to have left their bikes, the bikes get found, the bikes get ridden and abandoned, then the cyclist spots them w/o riders, all within 10 minutes.

I thought it was reported the maintenance gate was unlocked....way back in the beginning. If so, they could access inside by lake and someone could have taken the bikes from the wooded area to where they were found and not even access the trail from either end. ?

From the ABC article:

"Several "persons of interest" have been interviewed in the case,"

Who??

We know Misty and Dan have been repeatedly interviewed, in a very hostile manner, including a dawn raid on their hotel room and a subsequent 3 hour interrogation.

LE have actually accused Dan of harming/killing the girls.

He stormed out of an LDT when the questions got too....what?

Consider how other parents of missing babies are treated, then consider how these two have been treated.

Join the dots.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads