IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's just say, hypothetically, that someone nabbed the girls in town, and decided to put the bikes at the lake to deflect attention away from themselves.

How would they get the bikes to that specific location? They couldn't drive them in very closely. They would need to park in a hidden location and then walk the bikes there.

Does that sound feasible or possible or even likely?

Would 2 people ride them there and then abandon them? They would have to walk away and then get picked up?

It has been speculated that a vehicle could back into the wooded area nearby, but would still have to get the bikes over the 8ft fence. A purse was found on the lake side of the fence, the bikes on the trail side. It has also been speculated that someone else, perhaps local teens, could have come across the bikes and raced down the trail to that secluded area, which would provide them some cover while they checked the contents of the purse. They would then not be seen just abandoning the bikes. However, given the timeline and the sighting of the bikes on the path by a cyclist, that would mean that they would have to have left their bikes, the bikes get found, the bikes get ridden and abandoned, then the cyclist spots them w/o riders, all within 10 minutes.

Of course you're right about the point of leaving the house at 11:30 for the bike ride -they'd be going north towards Lafayette.

The context of the reporter's quote is important, though, to see how the idea of "west does not equal south" comes into play. He says the camera shows the girls riding west on Brovan, then says it's important to note they're riding away from the lake.

IMHO, this doesn't make sense.

In only makes sense because the road runs northwest before it hits River Forest Road, which runs south toward the lake or north toward Lafayette. Soooo ... if you want to get all technical, they would be driving away from the lake.

That's sort of my question ... it doesn't seem like, even though it's secluded, it would have been easy or feasible to put the bikes there. I would think, if someone wanted to dump the bikes they'd go to an area that is out of sight, but easily accessible.

Personally, I think that *IF* the girls disappeared somewhere more near the camera, the most likely answer to that is that some other kids completely unknowing of what had happened to the girls came across the bikes and took them to the lake, rifled thru the purse, chucked it over the fence, and left the bikes.

But I'm still not at all sure what I think about anything anymore.

In only makes sense because the road runs northwest before it hits River Forest Road, which runs south toward the lake or north toward Lafayette. Soooo ... if you want to get all technical, they would be driving away from the lake.

Can't think of any reason for that reporter to be all like "WE HAVE NEW VIDEO AND ITS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THEY"RE GOING AWAY FROM THE LAKE OMG" (paraphrasing, obviously, LMAO) except to try to get some kind of "scoop" on the story. Which is annoying and I hope isn't true because all it's done is cause more confusion in an already confusing case!

Of course you're right about the point of leaving the house at 11:30 for the bike ride -they'd be going north towards Lafayette.

The context of the reporter's quote is important, though, to see how the idea of "west does not equal south" comes into play. He says the camera shows the girls riding west on Brovan, then says it's important to note they're riding away from the lake.

IMHO, this doesn't make sense.

Agreed. The reporter is misleading. To say they are heading away from the lake in that video is like saying that, in a football game, if someone is running along the 50-yd line, that he is running away from the endzone.

At no point, by any witness nor camera, has it been said (other than this reporter, apparently), that the girls went north. It seems like someone is reading a map and assuming that because the cameras were on businesses that were on Lafayette, that they must've gone there. The rear of the businesses are on Brovan.

This is a reply to tlcox's request for a link to the LE having evidence of the girl's being alive. BUT, it is quite interesting that is you bring the article up......it has been changed.

This is what I got from the google search:

Search for Missing Iowa Girls Will Likely Expand - ABC News

abcnews.go.com › US
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Jul 22, 2012 – FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said during a news conference that the FBI has found evidence which gives the agency reason to believe that the girls are still alive.

Now....when I bring up the article it has been changed to this:
FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said Sunday that investigators want to talk to anyone who was at Meyers Lake in the northeast Iowa town of Evansdale before 3 p.m. July 13. That's where the girls' bicycles were found

My puter gives me a box asking for the relative search words I had used once inside the article. It has been changed. I also remember us discussing it when the news conference was aired. You'll need to go back to the 21st's posts to see the discussion.

IMO

cindersoot
Okay I did goggle earth map the address of KC guy I saw at the lake. A white van is in front of his residence. OMG
-----///-/-------------

Couldnt quote from previous thread.

Date of google photo is sept 22, 2011 fyi.

Can someone add this guys address to the map?

Okay, let's just say, hypothetically, that someone nabbed the girls in town, and decided to put the bikes at the lake to deflect attention away from themselves.

How would they get the bikes to that specific location? They couldn't drive them in very closely. They would need to park in a hidden location and then walk the bikes there.

Does that sound feasible or possible or even likely?

Would 2 people ride them there and then abandon them? They would have to walk away and then get picked up?

Or the girls abandoned the bikes elsewhere in the community, some other children youth found said bikes, and went for a joy ride. Fearing that they might get in trouble for taking bikes which did not belong to them, whomever was riding the bikes dumped them in a secluded area.

Based on the rather ambiguous response by LE to what the dogs did/not hit on at the lake, I seriously doubt the girls were ever there, at least not on that particular day. This would explain why no witness can reliably report seeing the girls at the lake during time frames already discussed.

The girls did go North. They left the Colin's home and went North towards Lafayette, where they were seen on video surveillance tape, and the next known fact is that their bikes were at the SE tip of Meyers Lake.

The road that the cctv is showing them riding west is the same road that Elisabeth lives on. It is not Lafayette. It is directly west of the house and across the street. The video shows storage containers and so does Google. Bing does not, but with Google you can see the exact storage containers that are shown in the video. The front of these businesses may be on Lafyette, but the video shows them behind the businesses.

Why do some people make qualifying statements? Is that for the lack of being sure, or for deception, or to be misleading? For example....this, that, and the other happened, if indeed there was a this and that...or something, something happened that I saw, but someone else knows all about what I saw...

Anybody else notice a lot of that?

Just thinking about having heard that sort of thing in this case a lot.

Personally, I think that *IF* the girls disappeared somewhere more near the camera, the most likely answer to that is that some other kids completely unknowing of what had happened to the girls came across the bikes and took them to the lake, rifled thru the purse, chucked it over the fence, and left the bikes.

But I'm still not at all sure what I think about anything anymore.

I believe Ollipop and probably others have speculated the same thing. Since the bikes were in the only area of the trail that offered seclusion, it's possible a couple of kids found the bikes and the purse somewhere, and took the bikes to the lake. After seeing the purse had nothing in it, it was tossed, the bikes were left, and the waters were forever muddied. IMO.

It has been speculated that a vehicle could back into the wooded area nearby, but would still have to get the bikes over the 8ft fence. A purse was found on the lake side of the fence, the bikes on the trail side. It has also been speculated that someone else, perhaps local teens, could have come across the bikes and raced down the trail to that secluded area, which would provide them some cover while they checked the contents of the purse. They would then not be seen just abandoning the bikes. However, given the timeline and the sighting of the bikes on the path by a cyclist, that would mean that they would have to have left their bikes, the bikes get found, the bikes get ridden and abandoned, then the cyclist spots them w/o riders, all within 10 minutes.

If the girls were kidnapped in town somewhere, and their bikes were left behind, I could easily see a scenario where some kids/teens took a quick ride on the bikes and dumped them at the lake.

But they would be locals and I think they would have come forward, for fear their prints would be on the bikes. I would be sweatin and shaking if I was a teen that rode that bike there and then learned of the kidnapping. Better to admit to going for a joyride and stealing a few bucks from the purse rather than being questioned for kidnapping 2 kids.

The perps might have ridden the bikes there but that would have been risky, and it called for more than one person.

I just cannot see it working as a staged event. I think the girls rode there themselves.

The Collins home appears to be South of the last sighting of the girls.

SE_Meyers_Lake_Timeline.jpg

If possible add that RSOs address to this map, Tia.

So little information about the bikes. Aside from descriptions, was there any damage? Did one of them get a flat and they started walking? If someone tossed them over a fence, were there fingerprints, were they bent or scratched? There must be a lot of forensics LE is not sharing about the 'abduction' scene.

Or the girls abandoned the bikes elsewhere in the community, some other children youth found said bikes, and went for a joy ride. Fearing that they might get in trouble for taking bikes which did not belong to them, whomever was riding the bikes dumped them in a secluded area.

Based on the rather ambiguous response by LE to what the dogs did/not hit on at the lake, I seriously doubt the girls were ever there, at least not on that particular day. This would explain why no witness can reliably report seeing the girls at the lake during time frames already discussed.

True, it is a possibility. But then what? If 2 local teens went for a joyride on the bikes and rifled through the purse, then dumped it all, wouldnt they freak out when they heard about the kidnappings?

They have to be worried about DNA or fingerprints possibly left behind. I would have come forward to deal with any charges concerning taking the bikes or the purse, to avoid being charged with kidnap/murder of 2 little girls.

This is a reply to tlcox's request for a link to the LE having evidence of the girl's being alive. BUT, it is quite interesting that is you bring the article up......it has been changed.

This is what I got from the google search:

Search for Missing Iowa Girls Will Likely Expand - ABC News

abcnews.go.com › US
You +1'd this publicly. [URL="http://www.google.com/search?...,+Breaut,+alive#"][COLOR=#1122cc]Undo[/COLOR]
Jul 22, 2012 – FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said during a news conference that the FBI has found evidence which gives the agency reason to believe that the girls are still alive.

Now....when I bring up the article it has been changed to this:
FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said Sunday that investigators want to talk to anyone who was at Meyers Lake in the northeast Iowa town of Evansdale before 3 p.m. July 13. That's where the girls' bicycles were found

My puter gives me a box asking for the relative search words I had used once inside the article. It has been changed. I also remember us discussing it when the news conference was aired. You'll need to go back to the 21st's posts to see the discussion.

IMO

Bless you Hollyblue! I was gone for four to five days and missed a lot. I must have read the linked article after the change was made. That was causing my confusion because I saw posters talking about physical evidence of the girls being alive but could find no quote from FBI or LE that seemed to fit.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Is it possible that the girls were riding different bikes that day? That their real bikes were placed at the scene by someone else? I can think of a few reasons to convince them to leave their real bikes and ride different ones. That could explain the siting by tg at 1220ish and the girls on video at1215ish.

Were there any skid marks on the trail.

Maybe if someone lifted the bikes over the fence and the purse was on a handle, it mearly slipped off and the perp didn't notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member