IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that Lyric ran around the lake side of the fence to get away was caught and dropped her purse. Maybe they were lured to the lake by a woman and two men were waiting? JMO

It was Elizabeth's purse.

As happens so often on a case where the new news is more sparce and the family is colorful or has a history full of fodder, it feels to me as if we know SO much more about the adults in this case and so very little about the actual missing children.

I wanted to try to list some of the things we have learned about the girls - likes, dislikes, etc. Who are our victims? I don't want them to just be names and faces to me as I sit and worry daily for their safety. I have a need to know better who I am worrying for.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/328473/147/Missing-Iowa-girls-Detectives-have-few-leads-no-motive

Drew described his daughter as "very girly, but she's also rugged and likes to explore." He and Heather said she loves cuddling and the color pink.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...7220057/FBI-believes-missing-Iowa-girls-alive

Lyric loves gymnastics and watching the Disney Channel, Haley said.

Lyric, Kaley and another cousin gave themselves the nickname the “Bradford Badboys,” after a music video from one of their favorite bands, One Direction.

Lyric always has a smile on her face, said Rick Edwards, the youth director at Countryside Vineyard Church, where Lyric and her mother, Misty Cook-Morrissey, attended church.

[snip]

Still, Lyric is a rambunctious girl who likes to be the boss, those who know her say.

Elizabeth, called “Lizzy” by most, has a grin for everyone and likes to talk to anyone who will listen, friends and family say.

Elizabeth was home-schooled in second grade. The next year she attended Poyner Elementary School in Evansdale, part of the Waterloo school district.

“She was so social,” said Angel Munson, Elizabeth’s third-grade teacher. “She was always the last one to finish her lunch because she was always talking. I’d be like, ‘Come on, Liz, get moving,’ and she’d give me that smile.”

Munson last talked to Elizabeth three or four weeks ago.

“She asked for my address because she had written me a letter,” she said. “I couldn’t get her off the phone, you know? She was wanting to tell me everything she’s done this summer. She had gone swimming and played with friends and rode her bike and all these good things. I just keep reflecting on that phone call.”

Thank you so much for this. Wow... in some ways it's amazing how LITTLE we know about these girls. But we also know a lot just from these few snippets.

great place to track down those elusive links when you just know you read something and discussed it two threads ago but can't quite recall exactly where in the threads.

:tyou:

I also think that Lyric ran around the lake side of the fence to get away was caught and dropped her purse. Maybe they were lured to the lake by a woman and two men were waiting? JMO

The purse belonged to Elizabeth, not Lyric.

OT -- Because someone mentioned it above, and I was unfamiliar, I just went and read about Johnny Gosch. And now I just have to say... WTF?!

The serial killer Joesph Duncan was suppose to have been in MO at the time Johnny was kidnapped.

Even sadder, read about Eugene Wade Martin. Disappeared relatively close to where Johnny Gosch was last seen, paperboy and (relevant to this case) the time window was only about 10 minutes.

If you're read Noreen Gosch's site, please be aware that many Iowans (including myself and Johnny's father) do not believe her claims. She did a book and there was a film made that purported to support her claims but both have been extensively debunked.

Very interesting, thanks. Yes, I had read her account, which is what led to my "WTF?"

HAHA!

I don't know what to think anymore. This case seems to have opened a Pandoras Box of rampant antisocial behavior. How can we even speculate on what happened when our (my) frame of reference cannot even fathom the stuff going on here? Drugs everywhere, CL ads for sex, RSOs on every corner, abduction attempts by the boatload, the insanity on the scanner...I just can't wrap my head around this anymore. After 3 weeks of this i am exhausted, mentally and spiritually. Sorry for the OT, but I just cant process anymore real time developments. I have to take a break. What is the world coming to?

I don't know what to think anymore. This case seems to have opened a Pandoras Box of rampant antisocial behavior. How can we even speculate on what happened when our (my) frame of reference cannot even fathom the stuff going on here? Drugs everywhere, CL ads for sex, RSOs on every corner, abduction attempts by the boatload, the insanity on the scanner...I just can't wrap my head around this anymore. After 3 weeks of this i am exhausted, mentally and spiritually. Sorry for the OT, but I just cant process anymore real time developments. I have to take a break. What is the world coming to?

Hang in there. This one is indeed a bumpy ride. Reminds me so much of the Haliegh Cummings case with all the distraction of the stories and histories surrounding the players in this drama.

Every one of us has at one time or another gotten so emotionally wrapped up in a case that we are forced to step back for a mental health breather.

Take good care of you.

:grouphug:

It is draining mentally and physically, but at least we care.

I have no idea if this has been mentioned. Unfortunately, I have neither the time or the patience to keep up as much as I'd like.

But the idea of pedo rings in Iowa is not a new one, IMO. I remember reading about the Church of the New Song (CONS), a fake religion among convicts in prison so they could eat steak every week, IIRC. I also seem to remember the "Church's" headquarters had a mailing address in Iowa City.

This is from A Beautiful Child, a book relating the story of a girl raised by a hard core pedo.

Hang in there. This one is indeed a bumpy ride. Reminds me so much of the Haliegh Cummings case with all the distraction of the stories and histories surrounding the players in this drama.

Every one of us has at one time or another gotten so emotionally wrapped up in a case that we are forced to step back for a mental health breather.

Take good care of you.

Thank you. I am going to spend some time making some music.

TY to all for posting links concerning attempted abductions in the area. Am trying to keep an open mind. Still thinking back to why LE believes these girls are alive.

Find it odd that a stranger would know to leave their bikes by the lake, or that there even was a lake to throw LE off. If truly a stranger how could they know area well enough? Not that a perv could not be responsible..just feel that evidence points to someone closer. (hoping that is the case as there is better chance for a good outcome)

I'll go ahead and say it: the longer this goes on even if it was a kidnapping for payment, payback, etc the situation grows bleaker. Would be all but impossible for someone associated to keep these babies hidden now.

TY to all for posting links concerning attempted abductions in the area. Am trying to keep an open mind. Still thinking back to why LE believes these girls are alive.

Find it odd that a stranger would know to leave their bikes by the lake, or that there even was a lake to throw LE off. If truly a stranger how could they know area well enough? Not that a perv could not be responsible..just feel that evidence points to someone closer. (hoping that is the case as there is better chance for a good outcome)

I'll go ahead and say it: the longer this goes on even if it was a kidnapping for payment, payback, etc the situation grows bleaker. Would be all but impossible for someone associated to keep these babies hidden now.

I am little wary, since LE did not say that (they believed they were alive) in the very last PC; in fact they said they had no evidence to show otherwise. So did FBI jump the gun, thinking this was one thing, later finding out it wasn't?

I'm going to say this any way........ it's been on my mind.

I am flabbergasted about Iowa. And the Midwest.

I live in NY, grew up in the 60's. I have never seen anything like this before.

RSO's drugs etc...........
Sorry I just had to say it.
Hey neighbor! :) I'm a New Yorker too. I don't know,...to be fair, we have our share of crap here, it's just a very different layout, and I haven't checked, but maybe the # of RSO's in that area is large? I'm not sure what you mean exactly by Iowa and other mid-western states. The only thing that has creeped me out by comparison, are the miles of vast open spaces of land and water, the seclusion, the "out in the middle of nowhere" feeling... always made me feel like people can get away with alot. I love NY, but where we are, one can get lost even easier if you think about it. Sadly, I think RSO's and drugs are everywhere.
These are two of our greatest and seemingly unstoppable national problems.
I don't have a good feeling about these Elizabeth and Lyric...but I don't know. I'm behind on details. The Haleigh Cummings case keeps creeping into my head and I want to hear some news. Not nothing, like in that case....

It says the father didn't report the abduction attempt until three hours later. Wonder why he waited so long? :waitasec:

Hinky metre running! OMG with what has been worldwide news in Evansdale, something isn't right here IMO.:rocker:

Okay then.... Just checked the RSO registry for Evansdale Iowa, and the area's population. Holy crap, they do have more than their share of RSO's and if you look to see what they've done, many have committed acts on a child.
With such a small population, every one of these RSO's should be extremely carefully looked at. I mean EXTREMELY carefully looked at, not breezed by so that we see the system fail us once again. Good Lord,....RSO or drug-related, or both? I hope LE is all over this like they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67