IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we can but i don't have time to do it because my husband will be home soon and will be upset to see me glued to the computer when he woke up last night and i was still on here lol.

I don't know how everyone here does this all the time. My wife exploded on me last night and reminded me that I have my own 10 year old daughter to pay attention to. I am just so caught up in this that I am starting to feel addicted. One post leads to the next and I look up to see there are more pages and I keep going. I have all the initials in my head and I read these posts replacing initials with names without thinking. I need an intervention.

I don't know how everyone here does this all the time. My wife exploded on me last night and reminded me that I have my own 10 year old daughter to pay attention to. I am just so caught up in this that I am starting to feel addicted. One post leads to the next and I look up to see there are more pages and I keep going. I have all the initials in my head and I read these posts replacing initials with names without thinking. I need an intervention.

Lol I think it is different with everyone...I had to stop working finally a few years ago and am home all the time and found this place...pretty addictive for sure. Others use mobile devices and never seem to miss a beat.

I think you have to take breaks, especially if looking into these cases is upsetting family members. I've done volunteer work for missing children/persons organizations for a few years now. I put a lot of time in, and sometimes it upsets my kids greatly. They see me get too emotionally involved and they point it out. They're right, and that's when I know it's time for a break.
If you're here out of concern and the great need for people to care and help selflessly, that's great! But you do have to put your family first, I feel.

I've had four hours of interrupted sleep between now and 6 am yesterday. I'm half insane, so when I was trying to sleep, I was also trying to visualize what could have happened between the two fences.

Assuming that the cyclists's sighting of bikes was related to the girl's bikes, I was thinking about a crime of opportunity. That usually mean easy grab, quick getaway; nothing pre-planned. Yet, in this case we have the possibility of a vehicle parked on the nearby trail (in the woods) and a person knowing that if he was going to block the path, two young girls would soon come around the corner. That strikes me as somewhat pre-planned rather than opportuniistic.

I've been looking at the fences and wondering if the girls were tossed over the fence where the bikes and purse were found and then pushed into the woods to a nearby vehicle.

Just trying to think it through ...

Has the person that Lyric was with when she was late (first time police were called) been located? Apparently she was with her 11 year old cousin ... I wonder if she knows who he is and whether he has been questioned.

I think you have to take breaks, especially if looking into these cases is upsetting family members. I've done volunteer work for missing children/persons organizations for a few years now. I put a lot of time in, and sometimes it upsets my kids greatly. They see me get too emotionally involved and they point it out. They're right, and that's when I know it's time for a break.
If you're here out of concern and the great need for people to care and help selflessly, that's great! But you do have to put your family first, I feel.

As a matter of fact, my 6 y/o said this morning "momma, do you love your iPad more than me"? I put it up immediately!!!!

I'm with you 100%, similar situation at my house! The problem with taking a break is that when you get back on it's almost impossible to catch up. Wouldn't it be great if there was a little summary of the last thread at the beginning of each new thread? :waitasec:

I also feel like I know way too much intimate information about this family - but at the same time I know nothing at all.

All I know is that the people who are WS "regulars" genuinely care about these cases. In some cases, they seem to be the only ones who do.

My wife thinks I'm nuts, too. I've posted about this stuff before. Following these cases is a natural thing. People are naturally curious and look for answers when something happens that seems incomprehensible. And people who are interested in the study of criminology and/or psychology are probably drawn to this site more than the average bear.

The reality is that it's very, very rare that anything discovered from people on this site helps to solve an active case. It happens, I'm sure. But it's extremely rare. So, we are not really here solving cases. We're here trying to understand what happened and trying to put together a puzzle that often isn't available through the information provided by the media. And, to some extent, this is a hobby.

Just remember that a hobby is something that you do in your spare time; not something that should take a priority in your life. Now, if I could just hear my own words, I'd be set.

I'm wondering if "fish" is code for something to do with pedophiles. When I looked it up, I didn't like what I saw, i.e., what it could be named after. Not for the faint of heart. MOO

My wife thinks I'm nuts, too. I've posted about this stuff before. Following this cases is a natural thing. People are naturally curious and look for answers when something happens that seems incomprehensible. And people who are interested in the study of criminology and/or psychology are probably drawn to this site more than the average bear.

The reality is that it's very, very rare that anything discovered from people on this site helps to solve an active case. It happens, I'm sure. But it's extremely rare. So, we are not really here solving cases. We're here trying to understand what happened and trying to put together a puzzle that often isn't available through the information provided by the media. And, to some extent, this is a hobby.

Just remember that a hobby is something that you do in your spare time; not something that should take a priority in your life. Now, if I could just hear my own words, I'd be set.

Great post, thank you.

In keeping with the discussion about RSOs in the area, I'd like to point out that Aliahna Maroney Lemmon's "family" had ties to, and had lived in Appanoose Co. IA, and Aliahna had been sexually molested there by a family member. :(

Michael Len Plumadore, who confessed to her murder, also had ties to her family and IIRC, an arrest for molestation (of another young girl) in Appanoose Co.

Sorry for the kinda OT.

I'm wondering if "fish" is code for something to do with pedophiles. When I looked it up, I didn't like what I saw, i.e., what it could be named after. Not for the faint of heart. MOO

I must have missed something, where did you see the comment "fish" and in what context was it written, can you direct me please? Thank you

In keeping with the discussion about RSOs in the area, I'd like to point out that Aliahna Maroney Lemmon's "family" had ties to, and had lived in Appanoose Co. IA, and Aliahna had been sexually molested there by a family member. :(

Michael Len Plumadore, who confessed to her murder, also had ties to her family and IIRC, an arrest for molestation (of another young girl) in Appanoose Co.

Sorry for the kinda OT.

This case has made me think of Aliahna several times. :(

I don't know what to think anymore. This case seems to have opened a Pandoras Box of rampant antisocial behavior. How can we even speculate on what happened when our (my) frame of reference cannot even fathom the stuff going on here? Drugs everywhere, CL ads for sex, RSOs on every corner, abduction attempts by the boatload, the insanity on the scanner...I just can't wrap my head around this anymore. After 3 weeks of this i am exhausted, mentally and spiritually. Sorry for the OT, but I just cant process anymore real time developments. I have to take a break. What is the world coming to?

I think it's awesome you wrote this. I feel the same way (as do so many others, obviously). The world is okay as long as people like you care so much it exhausts them. xoxo

What is so frustrating with these cases, is that it is natural for people to want an ending...and so many times, there isn't one.

This case has made me think of Aliahna several times. :(

Thank you for that. Her case broke my heart. And so soon after Jorelys Rivera. Their tragedies knocked the wind out of my sails for a couple of months. :(

What is so frustrating with these cases, is that it is natural for people to want an ending...and so many times, there isn't one.

I was just thinking that, clu, when I typed about Aliahna and Jorelys. Both cases had such tragic, but quick, conclusions.

While I don't wish for the worst, it is so draining to wait for answers when you suspect the worst. I cannot imagine the nightmare these families endure.

Even when the ending is bad, I think I'd rather have it sooner than later. Or never.

Maybe it's just me, but I keep thinking there has never been a time on WS where we've had so many missing children and young women "missing" and not located for SO LONG? Are offenders just getting smarter? Even when there are suspects (even arrested) - and they don't seem that smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brooks78