IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also JS, who was arrested with DM and who didn't show up for his court date. And I've seen mention of a JW. And I have no idea who that is.

JM= CL camping creeper

JW= MCM's BF

JS = Was arrested with DM and who didn't show up for his court date

JC = Brother of MCM and HC

I'm wondering if "fish" is code for something to do with pedophiles. When I looked it up, I didn't like what I saw, i.e., what it could be named after. Not for the faint of heart. MOO

I'm starting to worry about you. ;-)

Can you give us a hint, so we don't have to google it?

Total length of double fence area appears to be 500 feet.

fencelength500feet.jpg

Still trying to visualize

meyers_lake_thinkingitthrough.jpg

If the above scenario happened, this was pre-planned, not opportunistic.

I think in prison lingo, it means new guy that needs a 'daddy'.

Not that I have served time. I think maybe I heard it is "Shawshank Redemption".

:p

ETA: Does anyone remember the pic of Aunt T and two girls flipping the bird? I don't remember which girl's fb that was.

I am so far back in the posts, trying to catch up. I have been wanting to ask if anyone else thought that was TB. I am sure I know the picture you are referring to here. I thought that was her but wanted to hear what others thought. Must be.

Don't worry about me....I got a bad feeling about that guy, where he was, what he said, where he works, and I'm just zoning in on what he meant by some of what he said. Leave no stone unturned. Just want him ruled out. I don't want to hint...if you choose to google it, go ahead. There are some pretty sick people out there... MOO

If the above scenario happened, this was pre-planned, not opportunistic.

I have been convinced for quite awhile that the scenario you have referred to is what happened but I wasn't sure if it was planned or a crime of opportunity. I was really unsure about that until a couple of nights ago when I spent a lot of time with Google Earth and photos of this area (most specifically the fenced in area) that someone had posted (can't remember who). I wish I could find the photo that sealed the deal for me. I'm now fully convinced this was a planned event.

I have been convinced for quite awhile that the scenario you have referred to is what happened but I wasn't sure if it was planned or a crime of opportunity. I was really unsure about that until a couple of nights ago when I spent a lot of time with Google Earth and photos of this area (most specifically the fenced in area) that someone had posted (can't remember who). I wish I could find the photo that sealed the deal for me. I'm now fully convinced this was a planned event.

That may have been me. Was it this image?

Attachments

I could not agree with you more.

We're not solving any crimes here, but we sure are trying to figure out what happened. If the cyclist's tip is related, then this is most likely what happened: they went down the trail to meet someone, they parked their bikes, willingly or unwillingly they went over the fence, they walked into the forest towards the building and that was that.

If the cyclist's tip is valid, the girls probably went there to meet someone, thinking that they'd be home in time for 2 pm with Grandma. I doubt they willingly went over the fence because Elizabeth's purse/cell was dropped 10-20 feet to the east of the bikes, suggesting that she was hanging on to it until after she went over the fence and walked 20-30 feet.

If the cyclist's tip is not related, then anything is possible.

Otto,
In your picture that is where I always imagined the bikes were too. Then I read someone say they were found right there where the gate to the drainage pipe/jetty is. I think it was Dan who may have said that. I will see if I can find it. The gate is closer to the other end of the double fences.

We're not solving any crimes here, but we sure are trying to figure out what happened. If the cyclist's tip is related, then this is most likely what happened: they went down the trail to meet someone, they parked their bikes, willingly or unwillingly they went over the fence, they walked into the forest towards the building and that was that.

If the cyclist's tip is valid, the girls probably went there to meet someone, thinking that they'd be home in time for 2 pm with Grandma. I doubt they willingly went over the fence because Elizabeth's purse/cell was dropped 10-20 feet to the east of the bikes, suggesting that she was hanging on to it until after she went over the fence and walked 20-30 feet.

If the cyclist's tip is not related, then anything is possible.

You know I hadn't even considered that they CLIMBED the fence. DUH! I had just assumed they had been marched around the end of it, then back down the other side.

But yes, they went DIRECTLY there. Given the timeline, they didn't dilly dally at all. They went right to that spot, and quickly. Someone was waiting. He/she said leave your bikes and follow me (or climb over the fence to me). The lure may have been a paddle boat ride, or they may have just trusted this person.

If they climbed the fence, he immediately grabbed them by their arms, ditched the purse, and marched them into the woods. If they didn't climb the fence, he grabbed them pretty quickly, tossed the purse over the fence, and marched them around the end.

Either way, they wind up in the woods, at the car hidden on maiden lane.

I do believe TG gave an accurate account, BECAUSE the police denied knowing about him in THREE separate press conferences. There is NO WAY they don't know about him. They are trying to protect him.

They wouldn't have to go over that tall fence it's not that long and they could easily have gone around it.

I'm with you 100%, similar situation at my house! The problem with taking a break is that when you get back on it's almost impossible to catch up. Wouldn't it be great if there was a little summary of the last thread at the beginning of each new thread? :waitasec:

I also feel like I know way too much intimate information about this family - but at the same time I know nothing at all.

All I know is that the people who are WS "regulars" genuinely care about these cases. In some cases, they seem to be the only ones who do.

Ditto. I am totally lost! What CL guy? If anyone would be so kind as to dm me the latest hypothesis, all just hypothetical of course, I would be eternally grateful. I don't even get the maiden lane stuff! Is there a serious plausible hypothesis?

TIA.

snipped:
I do believe TG gave an accurate account, BECAUSE the police denied knowing about him in THREE separate press conferences. There is NO WAY they don't know about him. They are trying to protect him.

And trying to protect him for a very good reason, I expect, even though we don't happen to know that reason -- at least not yet!

I am way behind on all the threads and posts. I apologize. Can someone update me on CL, the vans and anything else? Also, do we know now the girls were at the lake and the bikes were not staged? Thank you so much.

I am way behind on all the threads and posts. I apologize. Can someone update me on CL, the vans and anything else? Also, do we know now the girls were at the lake and the bikes were not staged? Thank you so much.

Someone on FB just said everyone should listen to the scanner now...??

Otto,
In your picture that is where I always imagined the bikes were too. Then I read someone say they were found right there where the gate to the drainage pipe/jetty is. I think it was Dan who may have said that. I will see if I can find it. The gate is closer to the other end of the double fences.

I was looking at the photo of the cyclist talking with police and I thought he said (at some point) that he came around the corner and had to swerve to miss a bike or two in the path. The lake can be seen in the background, and there's just one more curve, but it's after the double fenced area ends - that would also have a different lake background. The other possibility is the bikes were about 30-40 feet east of where I've marked the bikes on the map.

meyers_lake_cyclist_path.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member