IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so that document had it mixed up. Like I said, it doesn't really matter to me; I just happened to see that just before those posts started. Obviously, her kids all took her maiden name,

The second video had a visible time stamp on it reading 12:11 pm. The owner of the Cornbelt Auction House said that the camera was 8 minutes slow according to his cell phone from US Cellular.

Personally, I think there are two different videos shot relatively close together. That makes sense since the two businesses share a common side wall.

I think you are probably correct that the girls were riding laps.

We looked and looked - there is only one camera that I saw, fwiw.

Sorry :please: sometimes I'm too blunt.

Me too. :shutup:

I say what I mean and mean what I say. It seems normal to me, but I've known a few people to be so used to beating around the bush that they are always looking for some hidden meaning behind my words. (not here on WS) Nope, if I meant something else I would just say it, I promise!

Maybe we are related. :highfive:

My current theories are 1) that someone close to the family (not related to DM's case per se) wanted to hurt the entire family (hence taking E and L)...someone who felt dissed or rejected or jealous and probably on drugs, but not necessarily.

2) A stranger nabbed them...I'm looking at Camper Creeple, and the guy in the white van...and moderately at a couple others...and just unknown pervs.

My theories change daily. MOO

Again, I would like to see that quote linked.

I just read something that sent a chill up my spine:

"The solvents used to make meth literally gouge out their brain. After only a couple of weeks, tweakers suffer permanent brain damage. And that's not counting the neurochemical part. Meth addicts can't make dopamine anymore, which sends them into such a deep depression, they want to kill themselves, or the people around them."
-- Lynn Eul, youth violence and drug prevention coordinator at the Snohomish county prosecutor's office

Yes, this is true.

Also, it makes them disconnected from their kids in a maternal/paternal sense. It's like it numbs that feeling that parents have that says "I want to care for you and protect you from the world".

I have seen first hand what it does. It turns moms in to zombies, sucks out the person that they were and leaves behind a monster. It took my baby sister, whom I trusted with my own kids while she was in high school, and turned her in to someone I don't know. And now I'm raising 3 of her kids because of it. Meth is a monster.

My current theories are 1) that someone close to the family (not related to DM's case per se) wanted to hurt the entire family (hence taking E and L)...someone who felt dissed or rejected or jealous and probably on drugs, but not necessarily.

A stranger nabbed them...I'm looking at Camper Creeple, and the guy in the white van...and moderately at a couple others...and just unknown pervs.

My theories change daily. MOO

BBM my theories too :) jealously being someone's gf being left out maybe and guy with the van that Cindersoot ran into at the lake.

Yes, this is true.

Also, it makes them disconnected from their kids in a maternal/paternal sense. It's like it numbs that feeling that parents have that says "I want to care for you and protect you from the world".

I have seen first hand what it does. It turns moms in to zombies, sucks out the person that they were and leaves behind a monster. It took my baby sister, whom I trusted with my own kids while she was in high school, and turned her in to someone I don't know. And now I'm raising 3 of her kids because of it. Meth is a monster.

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. Many of us have been trying to understand the actions/behaviors of certain people, and it helps to get first-hand perspective.

I was watching some videos last night and it struck me that TB's children are very affectionate with her. I've seen quite a few videos which had one or more of the children in it and they are seen holding her hand, rubbing her on the back as she talks to reporters, giving her hugs, etc. They look like such sweet children. It struck me how very awful this is as there are quite a few other children who must be terrorized over this event.

Sounds like role reversal, like when a child feels the need to comfort and care for the parent, instead of the other way around. Sad, IMO.

Yes, this is true.

So sorry kjlemrick, I hope she can recover. (((hugs)))

Sounds like role reversal, like when a child feels the need to comfort and care for the parent, instead of the other way around. Sad, IMO.

Maybe. I thought about that but it's impossible to know from just a few videos. Kids learn to nurture when they've been nurtured. Some take on a parental role but from what I've seen that usually pertains to their relationship with other children in the family. Some do over-compensate for the parent. It's just hard to know without knowing more about them.

Nitey all. Tomorrow is another day.

:pillowfight2:

Yeah, just because you're going to bed, doesn't make it any easier for me to stop staring at your running man avatar. I'll still be here when you get back. :)

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. Many of us have been trying to understand the actions/behaviors of certain people, and it helps to get first-hand perspective.

You're welcome. I saw it take someone who was infamously the Goodie-to-shoes in the family, the person who was always the most responsible, whose dream growing up was to be a full time "Mommy", and turn that person in to an unrecognizable one. My sister will be 32 in a couple of weeks, but she looks like she is in her 50s.

She has given birth to 4 beautiful children, all drug and alcohol affected, all with developmental delays and behavioral issues from it (Kids born to moms who use meth often end up with severe mental health/behavior health probs). All are being raised by family.

I watched this person who used to be overly maternal, overly protective stop caring about her kids, stop bathing them, cleaning them, feeding them until they were taken.

When I look at her I don't know this person. Five years ago when the last baby was placed in my arms by a social worker I looked at my sister and realized that it was time to grieve for the freckle faced, blue-eyed little girl that I still see in my head. That person died with the meth. I miss her but I have moved on so that I can take care of these kiddos and get through life.

Like I said, Meth is a monster

I hope that more cctv videos are made available of the area on that day. I think there could be something like maybe a car that could be a clue (ex. Tori Stafford's abductor's car was on a video).
IMO this was most likely a stranger abduction. When I think of Polly Klass, who was abducted from her own home in front of other girls, or Somer Thompson, abducted on her way home from school, or Lindsey Baum, abducted on her way home from a friend's home, I think of criminals who knew there were risks, but just didn't care or didn't think they would get caught.
I pray that whomever took these girls will.

Well, some people indicated they would no longer associate with a family member who smoked a joint or took a xanax...

I wonder how I would explain to my kids that we had to stop associating with almost our entire family. It would certainly change our family holidays. It saddens me that many ppl feel this way. That the people who most need love, support, and a way to renew self-respect would get shunned by their families. Ugh. And it happens every day. Sigh.

An interesting article and photos of brain SPECT scans. It shows "normal" (whatever that means lol), and effects of various drugs on the brain itself: http://www.studentdrugtesting.org/15. Chapter15.PDF. There's more here: http://brainplace.com/ although I thought the first PDF was easier to follow.

Those images are absolutely fascinating to me! Thank you for giving us a look at what drugs and alcohol do to the brain. The images of the brains of persons addicted to nicotine and large amounts of caffeine would surprise most people!

I also want to say that people who are addicted to a harmful substance don't always love the drug more than their family. I was addicted to alcohol and I HATED it! I couldn't function without it, I was a slave to the next bottle, it was awful. Still it took me three voluntary stints in rehab where I learned to give up control over my life. I had to learn to completely depend on God to take care of me, no matter how bad I felt. I still suffer from depression and anxiety but I no longer use alcohol or any other drug to numb the pain. I comply with my doctors orders for any pharmaceutical drugs I might need and I no longer feel the need to drink...even the smell of alcohol is repulsive to me!

I am so very grateful to God that He patiently waited for me to have the courage to give up trying to fix my life on my own. He gave me the ability to be a good mom instead of ruining my children's lives. Most recently, God has given me a precious grandson, who I adore!

So many others still suffer, but recovery is possible. It takes determination, willingness to accept professional medical help, to admit shortcomings, and willingness to forgive yourself and others. Those who refuse to give up no matter how many times they fail can recover!

I hope that Elisabeth and Lyric's family members will not give up ...times are very hard for them right now, but it is through tragedy that one sometimes finds the courage to overcome!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member