IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA Olli, I know my own daughter kicked the meth habit and is now has a job, a home, a wonderful family, and is a good Mom. Is it easy? Not at all and it's a daily choice she says. If I shunned her, I would be one more reason for her to make the wrong choices.

Ahhhh, thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Meth success stories are far too rare. Refreshing to be reminded that people DO get through it.

just jumping in here.. I have not caught up with the entire thread.. sure add in the facts.. but do NOT SPECULATE about family members being involved at this time. They have not been named as suspects or persons of interest. So as for addressing what the parents are going through you can post those links to trial dates, etc and address the cases but to extrapolate beyond that is not acceptable at this time. And Yes, I am growing really weary of bumping this fact up. I realize it is hard to separate all this information but there is nothing to connect it IN THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA, at this time, to the girls going missing. The minute something changes the rules will change. The parents seem to have their own row to sow right now. Is it connected? We shall see.. but further speculation on their part of the vanishing of their children needs to cease now. This is NOT THE WAY WE ROLL HERE. Until we see otherwise the parents are victims of their children going missing.. and we need to respect that in our posts. Thanks everyone.

Thank you Nurse for bringing that to our attention.

He tries to get 2 kids at the same time. They ran. In this case 2 kids and if they ran he was able to grab them both.I believe there was 2 perps or someone the girls trusted. JMO

In our community right now we are hearing of a male/female couple who have made attempts to abduct children. Not known if the reports are related to the same couple.

Guys: this is NOT AN EASY CASE to post about let alone follow! These poor girls! Where are they?:

My hats are off to all of you. There is so much coming out in court records and the like and I KNOW it is easy to take those records and speculate away and then post what you think. What is important here guys is taking the time to review the terms of service that everyone was linked to when you signed up and are also on the main page here. While the parents seemed to be wrapped up in all this horrible drama with meth in the court system, this has not been linked to the missing of the little girls. We are a victim friendly forum here and this includes the family. I personally cannot believe these girls are still missing going on three weeks this Friday. This is just simply horrible. Horrible. And I echo the poster earlier that said there are way too many missing cases going into the days-on-end category. Far too many.

Again, thanks to all of you for keeping to the rules and doing your best by them and posting responsibly. I know in this case it has been very trying and I thank you.

There appears to be many homes for sale or past sales of homes in the Brovan Blvd./Sipple Street area.

I stumbled across a picture of one of these homes and the front door was slightly open, but it looked like the home was empty.

It made me wonder if any of these empty homes get broken into and did E and L possibly see something or hear something that was not meant for them and then I wonder if LE has had real estate brokers open up these homes for searching.

Just some thoughts. IMO, the girls were lured/abducted at the Brovan/Sipple junction. I don't think the surveillance is E and L. The persons riding the bikes look too big to be the girls and I cannot see a green top, which I would think would stand out. The clothing appears to be black.

IMO

Intriguing theory, but it would require them to ride past the Collins home, and potentially in sight of Gramma, on the girls' bikes. Definitely worth consideration.

If someone kidnapped the girls as a revenge thing, what would they do with them? It would not be easy to keep and maintain two girls all this time. I know drug people are not famous for thinking ahead, but if they were trying to send a message or whatever, I guess it has not worked, since apparently LE has not figured out where they are.

I know this has happened a few times but not often, and not with the children missing for this amount of time...if that were the case, it seems the parents would know right away who would have taken them by now. LE would have tracked them down. It is not that easy to hide out anymore (as a rule.)

I wish this was what happened, but it seems more like an intentional kidnapping by a sex predator, and probably a local one who had seen the girls before. Probably not even an RSO, rather someone no one knows is a sex predator yet.

I agree 100%. The problems with the family for me, support that the family did not have anything to do with this directly. I don't think they're organized enough to continue to hide them, nor do I think that they were big enough cookers for anyone to put themselves under the microscope of LE, by kidnapping 2 kids. Someone would have already talked if there was a direct drug connection.

Opportunistic sex predator? They're just like a cat. Even if they aren't hungry, a cat will stalk and kill an unwary bird- wrong place, wrong time. It's just in their nature.

I see this as a Somer Thompson type case, and I fear for the girls. Everynight I hope and pray they know that there are so many people out there and we are all looking for them everywhere we go.

Ahhhh, thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Meth success stories are far too rare. Refreshing to be reminded that people DO get through it.

I believe there are more, but there is a huge stigma attached to home-made meth. Johnny Cash was addicted to prescription meth. He struggled with that most of his life.

sorry mods. I'm done with going off topic now.

Opportunistic sex predator? They're just like a cat. Even if they aren't hungry, a cat will stalk and kill an unwary bird- wrong place, wrong time. It's just in their nature.

I see this as a Somer Thompson type case, and I fear for the girls. Everynight I hope and pray they know that there are so many people out there and we are all looking for them everywhere we go.

ITA I just hope and pray that they are alive. This also reminds me of Tori Stafford. And, FWIW, All those parents, not perfect, but not involved with the disappearance of their children.

I guess that first high, or first few highs, are something else, must make people feel pretty amazing, as it is impossible by now not to know what becomes of people once addicted...

I think most people take that first hit thinking "I won't get hooked." Then they rationalise the second, third and fourth hits.

And by the time they realise they have a problem, the meth has them.

It's like that thing that Nietszche said: "And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Nietszche was speaking of the danger in fighting evil but he could just as well have been speaking of the danger in dancing with evil.

Did either of the girls have a watch???
<snipped for space>

I haven't seen that mentioned either way but Elizabeth had a cell phone. Even though it wasn't "active" and only used for games I would think the time would still be correct. I pretty much use my cell as my 'watch' so maybe that's what they were using to keep track of time.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers :(.

thread #1
thread #2
thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread

case map by poster hollye

NCMEC posters:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

the opening post of every single thread for the girls has the case map and scanner thread links right in it. If you missed that here is a bump up to that information. Further information is that all scanner information and chatter has to stay in the scanner forum/link. It cannot be discussed here, extrapolated here in other ways, etc.

I guess that first high, or first few highs, are something else, must make people feel pretty amazing, as it is impossible by now not to know what becomes of people once addicted...

"It won't happen to ME, I'm stronger than that. I'LL be able to control it." Powerfully scary thinking that leads to addiction. By the time they realize that no, they're not stronger than that and can't control it, it's too late.

Not that everyone who tries it gets hooked, of course, but I can see how it'd happen. Even when the person has seen the possible consequences.

So sad, this drug is terrible. Now we have bath salts? <snipped for space>

I know those things scare the crap out of me, probably the only thing that scares me more than meth! I've heard that people can completely lose their minds even only using it once or twice. Sorry, off topic I know. Well, I hope that it's off topic anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli