IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am going to sound really naive here, and I probably don't want to know the answer to this question, but....

Has anyone EVER seen evidence that this "human trafficking" really happens? I know it gets speculated on in every case. But has it ever been proven? Who buys kids?! How would this black market operate? How would the people who want to buy kids ever hook up with the people who want to sell kids? Where do they house them? How has no kid ever escaped and told the story of how he/she was sold into some child slave/sex ring?

It just seems like something that gets brought up because it is our worst fear. But I don't think I've ever seen proof that something like this really exists.
Just this spring.....and nearby
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/17-Arrested-in-Johnson-County-Prostitution-Sting-147103245.html

Ok, but there is a HUGE difference between young adult women being forced into prostitution or women being held captive to do housecleaning -- and kidnapping children.

I just think that if kids were being abducted to feed some human trafficking ring, we would hear about it A LOT more. Child abductions are still relatively rare. That's why they get attention when they happen. People FREAK OUT (and rightly so) when their kid is taken.

I know teens and adults are "trafficked" and I know kids are used to film child *advertiser censored* in their own homes -- I just don't see there being enough supply of abducted kids to meet the demands of a pedo ring.

But again, maybe I'm too innocent. And I kind of want to stay that way! :blushing:

I keep thinking about predators and their uncanny knack for identifying children whose home or family situation is shaky or less than stable. :(

My theory still lies with someone local or passingly familiar with one or both girls and not a close associate or family member to Lyric and Lizzy. Someone who, in a smaller town, might be aware of Lizzy's mom's health problems and/or Lyric's family/criminal drama. If there was grooming involved in a luring situation the perp chose his victims for this reason IMO.

It seems to me that the women involved in these attempted abductions are probably not necessarily pedos but have another motive, one so strong that they are completely blind to the suffering of these children.

What motive am I alluding to? Money. Not just piddly amounts of money either. The woman recently arrested in England for trafficking children was paid something like 300,000$ for a pre-pubescent girl. When you are talking about money on that scale, it is not surprising that this has become more common.

What concerns me is the possibility that the police finally determined this was an abduction, and that they had evidence to suggest the girls were alive, based on something that was found by the FBI on the internet. My understanding is that there are sites known among the pedophiles where they exchange pictures and videos of child *advertiser censored*. I am sure the FBI is also aware of some of these places, and perhaps has infiltrated some of them under the auspices of also being a pedo. What if they found an image after the girls went missing that confirms they were abducted and are indeed alive?

It is a horrible thing to consider, admittedly, but it would explain the lack of other known evidence that suggested to them that the girls were alive.

I wish we knew why LE says they have reason to believe these girls are alive. This is a huge piece of the puzzle.

Naming persons of interest can't come fast enough for me.

And, if you remember, the FBI spokeswoman was reading that statement word for word. It wasn't just off the cuff 'yeah, they might be alive'.

Ok, I am going to sound really naive here, and I probably don't want to know the answer to this question, but....

Has anyone EVER seen evidence that this "human trafficking" really happens? I know it gets speculated on in every case. But has it ever been proven? Who buys kids?! How would this black market operate? How would the people who want to buy kids ever hook up with the people who want to sell kids? Where do they house them? How has no kid ever escaped and told the story of how he/she was sold into some child slave/sex ring?

It just seems like something that gets brought up because it is our worst fear. But I don't think I've ever seen proof that something like this really exists.

It is a result of a change in paradigm in many cities. Substitute the words 'prostitute' and 'pimp' appropriately and there are plenty of stories and evidence.

The change in paradigm started in Europe, where they realised that a lot of the prostitutes were actually women who had been conned into a form of human slavery. Mostly from the old USSR.

Then the city of Portland, Oregon, had a revolutionary idea: instead of treating underage prostitutes like criminals, how about treating them like child victims of sexual abuse.

And surprise, surprise, these girls started to trust LE and tell their stories. Which were pretty gruesome and gave LE the outlines of the human distribution systems that kept girls and young women moving from city to city, as they were bought and sold by pimps.

For awhile, unjustly, Portland was called the centre of human trafficking in the US. It does have its share but the only reason it seemed like the centre was because other cities were still arresting underage prostitutes rather than treating child sex abuse victims.

The thing is, within the US, there are a few notable cases of girls being abducted and sold to pimps but mostly, the supply of girls is from runaway and throwaway kids.

I recently followed a case on WS that opened my eyes on the existence of human trafficking. Anyone remember the boy ICE was looking for? I can't link anything right now, but there is a lot of info online. IIRC the FBI site had info also. I was shocked it was so widespread.[/QUOTE

Thinking that we are just starting to scrape at the surface of H.T....
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91597&page=9

Didn't know about this thread. Maybe it should be our homework for tonight..??? TY

It is a result of a change in paradigm in many cities. Substitute the words 'prostitute' and 'pimp' appropriately and there are plenty of stories and evidence.

The change in paradigm started in Europe, where they realised that a lot of the prostitutes were actually women who had been conned into a form of human slavery. Mostly from the old USSR.

Then the city of Portland, Oregon, had a revolutionary idea: instead of treating underage prostitutes like criminals, how about treating them like child victims of sexual abuse.

And surprise, surprise, these girls started to trust LE and tell their stories. Which were pretty gruesome and gave LE the outlines of the human distribution systems that kept girls and young women moving from city to city, as they were bought and sold by pimps.

For awhile, unjustly, Portland was called the centre of human trafficking in the US. It does have its share but the only reason it seemed like the centre was because other cities were still arresting underage prostitutes rather than treating child sex abuse victims.

The thing is, within the US, there are a few notable cases of girls being abducted and sold to pimps but mostly, the supply of girls is from runaway and throwaway kids.

I wanted to say that in addition pimps/traffickers are excellent at trolling for foster children (usually teen girls, some as young as 11 or 12) and grooming them with lots of promises, gifts, attention and everything that has been lacking in their current situation. I have followed a number of arrests and cases where that was the case in recent months.

ETA although I do not think Lyric and Lizzy were taken by organized traffickers, again, I am thinking local pedo. And while I know that all the RSOs have been checked out that does not deter my thinking along these lines. For every pedo who is on the registry there are countless others who aren't because they haven't been caught yet.

Here's one link that is interesting IMO:

http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/15/5-things-to-know-about-human-trafficking/

"2. It's happening where you live. Stories about human trafficking are often set in far-away places, like cities in Cambodia, small towns in Moldova, or rural parts of Brazil. But human trafficking happens in cities and towns all over the world, including in the United States. Enslaved farmworkers have been found harvesting tomatoes in Florida and picking strawberries in California. Young girls have been forced into prostitution in Toledo, Atlanta, Wichita, Los Angeles, and other cities and towns across America. Women have been enslaved as domestic workers in homes in Maryland and New York. And human trafficking victims have been found working in restaurants, hotels, nail salons, and shops in small towns and booming cities. Wherever you live, chances are some form of human trafficking has taken place there."

BBM

Not only has it happened but it is frequent and there are real cases. In my state (Minnesota) it has made the news quite a few times. Here are some links that you might find interesting.

http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/15/5-things-to-know-about-human-trafficking/

http://www.womenspress.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=2297

http://host-34.242.54.159.gannett.c...14/Minnesota-A-human-trafficking-battleground

Nice to see who's in jail :jail:

What else you got?

He'll bail out in no time! Low bonds..HMM!

Who was in jail? They must be out now and I missed it.

"The third suspect who was driving the van is described as a white male, glasses and larger build."

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12194.shtml

Sounds like the CL guys ex room mate. EK

Description of suspected perps from KGAN article:

"Police say the suspects then drove south on Kirkwood Blvd SW. Police describe the white male as in his 30’s, short brown hair, about 5’8’’ and 120 pounds.

The white female was in her 20’s, with a thin build, and shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on her left hand. The third suspect who was driving the van is described as a white male, glasses and larger build. "

Sound like anybody that have been looked at here? I find it hard to believe that anyone connected to L and E abduction would be operating with all the heat on. But, I'm amazed at the daily problems happening locally...so...hmmm. MOO

The driver sounds like the RSO cindersoot (?) saw at Meyers Lake!

The man was described as a white male was in his 30s with short brown hair, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighing 120 pounds. The other suspect is described as a white female was in her 20s, thin build, shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on the thumb web of her left hand.

A third person, who was driving the van, was described as a white male with glasses and a larger build.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/article_c9780b70-dbf6-11e1-852b-001a4bcf887a.html

Whether these creepazoids are involved in the abduction of Lizzy and Lyric, I am glad to see they have pretty good descriptions for all three. that was good info on the ink the lady has on the webbing of her left thumb. These people need to be stopped. A five year old boy FGS. sceery stuff.

This is true.

Also, a lot of men were charged with "lewd and lascivious" in the 50s, 60s and 70s just for being in a gay bar and doing as little as staring another man in the eyes.

I'm not joking.

Those men were put on the sex offender list and not all of them had the will or means to go through the process to get taken off (generally, you need a criminal defence lawyer to handle it).

There are men on that list for having sex with a 16 year old... when they were 16 themselves (before Iowa revised the age of consent laws).

In one case, an Iowa man was charged with statutory rape for having sex with his 16 year old GF when he was 17. The day she turned 18, she left her parents' home and married him. They had three daughters, starting about 5 years after they married. Husband never set a foot wrong in the years since his conviction for statutory rape.

Then after the sex offender list came out, his name on it flagged some computer somewhere. Their eldest daughter was 15, which placed her in the age category he had been convicted of "preying on."

He was forced to move out of the family home and DHS was pressuring his wife to divorce him because otherwise, it would seem like she supported his "pedophilia."

The whole stupid thing dragged on for three years.

That's why Iowans place very little credence to the sex offender list. Mixed in with the truly dangerous are the stupid (urination in public), the oppressed (gays) and formerly over hormonal teenagers.

What the heck good is something like that?

Yes, this is all very true. Know of a couple of cases like that. Decent Iowans who are part of society, good citizens but got put on the RSO because of something that most of us would not be so concerned that we'd want to worry about them living next door. Most often it's cases of 19 year old and 16 yr old or 15 yr old and 17 yr old. I've said for years they need to at LEAST have degrees of crime for SO. Like level 4 being the worst kind you can thing of and level 1 being statutory rape.

If we think of the girls as 'stolen property' - as abhorrent as that is to our sensibilities - it is easy to imagine them passing through many hands if the end result was to be securing them for someone involved in child trafficking. It absolutely makes me sick to consider it, but to discount it is unwise in trying to figure out what happened here. People who commit crimes usually know other people who commit crimes. They rarely operate in a vacuum. I am glad we are discussing the human trafficking possibility. MHO since the FBI statement that they believe the girls are alive has been that element of crime is in play in this case.

The man was described as a white male was in his 30s with short brown hair, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighing 120 pounds. The other suspect is described as a white female was in her 20s, thin build, shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on the thumb web of her left hand.

A third person, who was driving the van, was described as a white male with glasses and a larger build.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/article_c9780b70-dbf6-11e1-852b-001a4bcf887a.html

Whether these creepazoids are involved in the abduction of Lizzy and Lyric, I am glad to see they have pretty good descriptions for all three. that was good info on the ink the lady has on the webbing of her left thumb. These people need to be stopped. A five year old boy FGS. sceery stuff.

I wonder what the tattoo looks like? I have seen pictures of a certain peep in this case with a very small tat in that same place. Let me go check to see if it is her left hand.

ETA: Does anyone remember the pic of Aunt T and two girls flipping the bird? I don't remember which girl's fb that was.

Thanks everyone. Now I am thoroughly disgusted. Bleh. And no, I don't want to google it! LOL!

I still think -- EYE ON THE BALL. It is a possibility. A very, very remote possibility that these girls were picked up for human trafficking.

It is a much more likely possibility that they were taken for reasons that hit much closer to home.

Maybe the trafficking is much closer to home? Since the passing of the laws to restrict the selling of pseudoephedrine maybe this has become their new resources for $$$ in supporting their addiction. No big labs to make to lessen the price....over head is up so prices increase. With the Mexican supply (probably) moving in there is the connection to trafficking also. Cartels aren't just into drugs....., but weapons and HT too. imo

April 2012
http://thegazette.com/2012/04/24/keep-human-trafficking-out-of-iowa/
Traffickers use computer technology to market their victims and rely on the secrecy of johns complicit in the crime — all of which makes it more difficult for law enforcement or others to identify victims.

The result: It takes a significant investment of resources to investigate and prosecute even a single trafficker.

Some might question whether trafficking investigations warrant such investment. Yes, it is.

Human trafficking is one of the world’s fastest-growing criminal enterprises. It’s a vile, often brutal crime that violates our most fundamental freedoms.

Helping victims and stopping the spread of trafficking in Iowa should be a high priority"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli