IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree. I felt like a complete idiot for waving frantically and pointing at the back of a car one time when it was ON FIRE. Now, I understand more why the person smiled, waved. and drove away really fast. And even though their car was on fire I think they did the right thing.

Still a hilarious mental image. I feel bad wanting to ask if there were pants hanging out the window.

Oh well.

There is too much looking the other way these days. My concern is not for the adult watching, it is for the kids being watched.

Starting a conversation with a kid in a supermarket queue is far, far removed from standing and watching unknown children in a playground...I am not talking about innocent everyday exchanges such as yours. These days a man could be ARRESTED and accused of stalking...is that preferable to hurting his feelings?

Perhaps if you lived in a place where THREE children went missing from a busy crowded beach, you would feel less offended and perhaps grateful that people like me are caring for children's safety these days.

And before anyone pipes up and says "I didn't think you believed in multiple children being abducted", I did say OLDER children. The eldest child in the Beaumont case was only 9, the youngest was 4, plus it was far, far more innocent times.

Beaumont children disappearance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the us, a man cannot get arrested for looking at kids in a public place. Trust me I do it all the time. I even befriend kids in a public place. When my kid was away with my parents (in your fair country) I talked to kids all the time, because I missed my own.

And if that was a "more innocent time" then the Beaumont kids wouldn't have dissapeared.

I DO appreciate people looking after my kid and his safety. All people, men and women. however, it's my job, and i take it pretty seriously. but that doesn't include thinking every friendly male wants to kidnap or molest him.

Still a hilarious mental image. I feel bad wanting to ask if there were pants hanging out the window.

O/t but when I was in the naughty corner, someone pm'd me and said "what do you know about Aunt Tammy's pants?"

:lol:

Same way you post a link, copy the URL, paste it here.

upload it to something like photobucket first and then copy the direct URL and paste it into the post or click the little mountain icon
insertimage.gif
and paste the URL into the box that pops up then click OK

Im kinda stupid, can u explain, lol

No you're not. do you have your pic saved on a web page? If you do, then copy the address of that webpage. Then come here place your cursor in the reply box, if you are on iPad hold your finger down. A msg box will pop up, click on paste and it will put your link there.

This is HORRIBLE.
Horrible and sexist. To treat a man who likes children as a pedophile is horrible.
I am thankful i live in a city where if my husband and i start up a conversation with a child we don't know in the cart in front of us at the supermarket, the mother smiles

Beth, I live in New York and my husband always talks to people's children. However, he usually does it when either I'm with him or our son is with him so maybe that makes it less creepy.

O/t but when I was in the naughty corner, someone pm'd me and said "what do you know about Aunt Tammy's pants?"

:lol:

Don't call her the Panty Aunty, you'll get hollered at. Just sayin. Then hidin.

Maybe.

I find it a bit odd that he got such a great description of the van and the people inside of it, but not even one part of a number plate.

He must've been right on top of them nearly, he said the female had a tattoo on the web of her hand, but still no number plate.

:moo:

I could swear I remember seeing a plate # or part of a plate # shortly after it was reported. Has it been removed? Or am I nuts? Or both?

On FB it went from small tattoo in the "web" of her hand to "her whole hand" to "spiderweb tattoo" in a very short time frame so it's really hard to keep track.

You are probably right, HOWEVER, what if you and a friend moved those bikes from town to the lake. And then the FBI came and DRAINED THE LAKE. Might you be afraid to tell anyone if you were an 11 or 12 yr old kid?

That is what I am thinking. In a kids mind they may think a prank is now a crime and are too scared to say anything.

The timeline just seems too tight for the girls to have left them there and an involved party putting them there to impede the investigation seems unlikely to me for several reasons.

Though both are possibilities they just don't feel right imoo. I was just throwing out another possibility.

In the us, a man cannot get arrested for looking at kids in a public place. Trust me I do it all the time. I even befriend kids in a public place. When my kid was away with my parents (in your fair country) I talked to kids all the time, because I missed my own.

And if that was a "more innocent time" then the Beaumont kids wouldn't have dissapeared.

I DO appreciate people looking after my kid and his safety. All people, men and women. however, it's my job, and i take it pretty seriously. but that doesn't include thinking every friendly male wants to kidnap or molest him.

That's nice and you are lucky you still feel so safe.

Evansdale will never feel safe again, for a lot of people.

It was a "More innocent time", this is how we LOST our innocence.

Lots of people saw the children that day, with a strange man. He was even playing with them on the beach. There were no shortage of onlookers saying to themselves, look at that nice young man with his nephew/nieces, the kids themselves weren't even alarmed.

He was even seen helping one of the children out of their clothes.

Onlookers did find this "odd", even then, but as the kids weren't distressed, no one else was either.

Onlookers also saw a man standing watching Daniel Morcombe.

There are so many freaks around today, and I think it's getting worse, pedophiles seem to be getting younger and younger themselves. We all need to ASSUME THE WORST when small children are involved.

Imagine if you were one of those people who saw the Beaumonts larking around with this guy? How would you feel afterwards?

I didn't mean I would tell an onlooker to rack off as such, but I would be chatting to him, asking questions, making sure his intentions were sound. But then I'm the original Mother Bear, even with other people's kids.

I haveit saved in " My pictures'.

Here in this reply box, there is an icon that says "insert image" (square yellow and black box). I haven't used it, but sometimes you can put the image on your desktop and then choose that picture. Maybe I'm wrong..LOL

No you're not. do you have your pic saved on a web page? If you do, then copy the address of that webpage. Then come here place your cursor in the reply box, if you are on iPad hold your finger down. A msg box will pop up, click on paste and it will put your link there.

I have the picture saved in my pictures. Then what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adharkness68