IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was taken down for investigation purposes, hopefully they can restore it afterward in the off chance she may be able to reach out on it at some point.

I worry so with these smaller police departments like Evansdale, even the size of the whole county of Black Hawk. We have counties out here not even linked up to vinelink in this day and age...

Lyric wasn't old enough to have a facebook account. There were men as friends on her facebook. In this day and age I've followed many cases where no matter the age, they get the facebook accounts of the missing down in no time. Just worried a little about this delay. Maybe they did want to check who was peeking on her page. Well, then I'm a goner. Yes, I've looked up chloroform, many maps & decomp too. Send me money !!

:waitasec:Lyrics fb page is gone now. Who took it down and why?

IMO, not that big of a deal. There wasn't much substance on her page and I don't blame the family one bit for shutting it down because of curious observers. I know if one of my 2 children, who have FB accounts, went missing, I would have deactivated their accounts NOT because I didn't think they were not coming back. IMO , this is just a normal response to protect what the family has left from the general population. While we all know that the more exposure is better for this case, at some point a little privacy is sacred to this family who lives have "turned over almost every stone"

Frankly, I don't think Facebook allows children to have their own pages. So it should have been deactivated for that reason alone.

But my friend who does computer forensics is usually monitoring the FB of missing kids. They [ LE] usually keep them open in case someone sends a message, like the kid or the perp.

Around the time Isabel Celis disappeared in Tucson, AZ, there were multiple white vehicles trying to abduct children before and after. Vans & cars. It went on for about a month or so it seemed like with 5 reports at one school, a few at another. 2 years before that a man was caught driving a white pick up truck. He had grabbed one girl and she fought like the dickens until he dropped her off & another where the girl ran I believe. The US Marshals caught the perv. tg

White vehicles are common here due to the heat though. It just creepy there's so many attempted abductions with white vehicles. jmo

There was also an attempt by someone driving a white van in Pheonix, AZ in September 2010. In my area, down South, there have been recent attempts involving black vans and white trucks.

Frankly, I don't think Facebook allows children to have their own pages. So it should have been deactivated for that reason alone.

Yes I think u are right on children. I think there is some min. age like 14 or so.

I agree, either another witness or the FBI spokesperson misspoke, which worries me. I'm really hoping there was another witness.

I would hope that the FBI are detail oriented and can keep the facts straight. We know about a cyclist that places bikes somewhere on the path at almost the same time that the girls are seen on video 1.5 miles away. I hope that there is a jogger that saw the girl's bikes on the path exactly where they were found at 4 PM, and that the timeline makes more sense than the cyclist's timeline. That would at least narrow down the window of time that the girls disappeared. Perhaps there is a jogger that saw a paddle boat in the area at the same time?

I'm thinking that police are completely baffled and that they don't have a clue what happened to the girls.

IMO, not that big of a deal. There wasn't much substance on her page and I don't blame the family one bit for shutting it down because of curious observers. I know if one of my 2 children, who have FB accounts, went missing, I would have deactivated their accounts NOT because I didn't think they were not coming back. IMO , this is just a normal response to protect what the family has left from the general population. While we all know that the more exposure is better for this case, at some point a little privacy is sacred to this family who lives have "turned over almost every stone"

I guess we disagree then. Taking it down means one less way for potential contact. Look at the case Shawn Hornbeck. He contacted his dad through a computer. But he didn't say it was him.He messaged if his dad missed his kid. Or something like that.

There was also an attempt by someone driving a white van in Pheonix, AZ in September 2010. In my area, down South, there have been recent attempts involving black vans and white trucks.

Why does it have 2B a black vs white thing? XD.

BTW, I really think the whole white van thing is being overblown. I understand the signif. of the anonymous character of these generic vehicles. Lets not get carried away here.

Labatt, I sort of agree but the family keeps putting themselves out there. We aren't cheering for them to do it. There's been some awful events for the rest of the family to deal with on top of Elizabeth & Lyric going missing in the news. Let them heal but for goodness sake, the family having hard times need to let their family have some peace and possibly there will be answers had. If it were my family during all of this, I'd be questioning even them at this point. Who knows? jmo

Yes I think u are right on children. I think there is some min. age like 14 or so.

Now that makes sense. FaceBook might have got wind of under age Lryic on FaceBook and they themselves deleted her page.

I find that odd, because if she is somewhere safe, she would want to try to look at it. Sad.

It's a good point, but just a thought. If it is now private instead of totally gone, can't she and people on her friends list still post? (I fully admit to not understanding FB enough to even begin to answer that question).

:waitasec:Lyrics fb page is gone now. Who took it down and why?

Facebook has some automated processes that freeze accounts as well as reports by other users that they are breaking the TOS. Lyric's account could have triggered at least three criteria (under the age limit, celebrity photos, lack of personal data) right off the bat.

My 17 year old has to get hers reactivated every couple of months since she doesn't have enough "personal" photos or post often enough. They suggest you "share" more personal information to avoid being deactivated.

:banghead:

Not accurate...Sandy Breault, FBI

“There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” she said.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_507d9bca-d2b1-11e1-8f0b-0019bb2963f4.html

How did he confirm the time of the day that he saw the bikes? He said he saw the bikes "around 12:20" and before 12:27. The girls were on the tape at Brovan at 12:19. I don't believe he saw the bikes. MOO. If he did see the bikes then he has placed himself at the same place as the girls within a mere moment. I need to double-check but I'm wondering if the statement by Breault was made before they got the second tape of the girls. I sure would love to know what they (FBI/LE) believe about TG's statement in light of the second tape. I know there has been a lot of talk about the timeline and we have had conversations here where we have really tried to hone in on the actual minutes... but no matter how I do the math, TG's sighting of the bikes makes no sense to me.

I guess we disagree then. Taking it down means one less way for potential contact. Look at the case Shawn Hornbeck. He contacted his dad through a computer. But he didn't say it was him.He messaged if his dad missed his kid. Or something like that.

Just seems like A LOT more negative experience can come out of the situation of the parents OCD attempts to check their FB page.
Again That being said, FB does have a min age. They may have taken down the page.

That was so incredibly sad. (Thank you, God and LE, for rescuing those two boys.)

Do you have any idea who the last person was who was confirmed
of seeing the girls alive? (Just a generic question.)
Wasn't it the bike riding man with the strange name?
Wonder if anyone else has come forward and claimed to see the
girls on the bike trial.

Mr. Carpenter on Lake Avenue was the last person to see the girls alive. He saw them on Lake Ave. sometime between 12 - 3. If we discount his witness (I believe him) then the last person to see them alive with their grandmother.

Mr. Carpenter on Lake Avenue was the last person to see the girls alive. He saw them on Lake Ave. sometime between 12 - 3. If we discount his witness (I believe him) then the last person to see them alive with their grandmother.

I believe him, but he may have seen them when they were on their way to the lake at 12:20ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985