IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to be kidding me... and the picture of the car doesn't show the deck lid with the girls' info on it, at least not as of 2:20 PST. I guess it's publicity and I'm VERY happy the team is doing it, but this report is not helpful at all. There's an email address on the site where you can send story comments and suggestions: foxnewstips@foxnews.com. Unfortunately my email got kicked back as undeliverable but if anyone else wants to try, might be worth a shot.

I emailed them. So far so good it has gone through. But It can still come back.

According to this video the family believes the girls were abducted elsewhere and the bikes placed there.

I truly can't see a perp taking time to stage their bikes. JMO

why do people keep suggesting the purse was thrown over a fence ???was there not an opening to go walk right in through to ? The area where the purse was found?? I was always thinking the area was unlocked accesible and the purse was found in that area and the scent of both girls up to water in that same area ?? If anyone knows the answer to this please do say Thanx

The bald guy was really creepy! Also when he said that about the abductor might be watching youtube instantly made me think , "or making videos about the abduction".

I just don't get why people feel the need to make videos about something so serious. I guess they want their 15 mins. It just seems sick IMO.

Whats the link to the bald creepy guys video?

I emailed them. So far so good it has gone through. But It can still come back.

Thanks for trying! Fingers crossed that it gets through. Mine looked like a problem with my ISP rather than with Fox so hopefully you have better luck.

Do you guys agree that another foot search needs to be conducted in the area again?

Absolutely agree! I have never understood why searches have not been ongoing since the day the girls went missing. If LE can't/won't do it you would think family/friends/community would organize searches. All the cases I've ever followed there were many searches.

So much about this case just seems "odd".

I do not mean to offend or accuse anyone just wondering why....

A pedal boat doesn't use a paddle, so why would police mention a paddle boat if they meant a pedal boat. Surely they know the difference. It's possible that police think a boat that needs a paddle was in the area, but they're uncertain whether the boat is a canoe or a kayak. Look up paddlers (even in connection with the olympics) and you arrive at canoes and kayaks.

Didn't someone say the other day that the pedals are attached to paddles underneath the boat? Pedaling with the feet operates the paddles under the boat to propel it through the water.
IDK... just seems like I recall it being described that way. If it's a boat with no motor and needs paddles, around here we call it a rowboat. Could they have said a pedal boat and it was misunderstood??

It is very common for LE to ask witnesses to avoid the media.

For one thing, LE doesn't want the perp to know what the investigators know. The less the perp knows about the investigation, the better.

For another thing, should there ever be an arrest and trial, the prosecutor doesn't want to take a chance that the witnesses will say one thing to LE, then go on TV and say something different. That is just begging the defence to impeach that witness's testimony as unreliable. Even a difference in a tiny detail such as calling it a black car in a police report and then telling reporters it was a dark coloured car can call a witness's memory into question (even though such minor changes are actually normal).

Plus, there's a risk that someone suggestible can have their memory altered or clouded by reporters who ask leading questions.

So in most cases, LE has a lot more witness testimony than is known to the media.

But why would there be the two that did speak to news reporters about what they saw? Did LE not deem them to be credible witnesses so they don't care who they talk to?

So I found an article about the case, and the headline is: CUP: BK Racing To Assist Search For Missing Iowa Women

Lyric and Elizabeth are kids; they are not women. The article does not mention their ages at all, or even give a picture, so someone reading the article who isn't familiar with the case is probably thinking two 30-year-olds disappeared! The article does call them "missing girls" once though.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/08/02/cup-bk-racing-to-assist-search-for-missing-iowa-women/

It's the sports section too making it even more likely that the person reading the article isn't someone who pays attention to these cases, just based on demographics.

Maybe it's just FOX News w/ the error. The two links I referenced early have their ages. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to drop them a line so they are aware & can correct it.

I sent an email w/ correct info.

It is so strange to me that this happened on a summer afternoon, in a smallish town where people probably notice their neighbors, on a apparantly popular bike trail, and there are only two witnesses that come forward? Was there no one else on trail between 12:30 and 4:00 that either saw or didn't see their bikes there? No one that saw them riding through town? No other kids that saw them? Would LE tell witnesses not to speak publicly for some reason?

Huckleberry, I find this very odd too. Ollipop, if you are reading this, have you heard if LE has asked locals not to comment on what they saw or heard that day? And how much noise was created by the highway construction just above?

I still wonder if anyone in the homes around the lake saw anything that afternoon. Was anyone relaxing on their deck, or doing quiet yard work? It is very surprising sometimes how well sound travels over water, even a small lake. Praying for these precious girls to be found safe, and anyone and everyone who knows anything, no matter how insignificant they think it is, to come forward with that information and bring the girls safely home.

But wouldnt someone have reported hearing an ATV/

I know some of the locals have said that the Interstate is so loud right there it might've drowned out any noise the girls made. Seems to be kind of a stretch to think it'd drown out an ATV too, but maybe it would?

why do people keep suggesting the purse was thrown over a fence ???was there not an opening to go walk right in through to ? The area where the purse was found?? I was always thinking the area was unlocked accesible and the purse was found in that area and the scent of both girls up to water in that same area ?? If anyone knows the answer to this please do say Thanx

Thats the thing, you don't have to throw anything over the fence when you could easily go around the fence.

Absolutely agree! I have never understood why searches have not been ongoing since the day the girls went missing. If LE can't/won't do it you would think family/friends/community would organize searches. All the cases I've ever followed there were many searches.

So much about this case just seems "odd".

I do not mean to offend or accuse anyone just wondering why....

2 reasons. Either FBI suck at their job (which I don't think that is the answer) Or the evidence that suggest to LE that the girls are alive and not laying out there somewhere, Must be a really good piece of evidence. JMO

Since July 13th Iowa has been in a constant heat wave, so most homes have windows closed and air on. Not alote of people sit outside during the hottest parts of the day, ie. between noon and three. So I just don't think anyone would of heard much.

The strip of land between the fence and the lake (the leech infested lake) is only about 12 inches wide right by the gate. The weeds have grown up on that strip of ground, so it would not be easy to walk along that strip.

The only easy path through the gate is onto the little stone jetty over the drainage culvert/sluice.

The lake angles away from the fence towards either end of the fence.

It is difficult to decipher exactly what Aunt TB meant in her Nancy Grace interview. Some people have interpreted her remarks as meaning that the dogs followed the girls' scent to the edge of the water.

I think she meant that the place where the dogs picked up the girls' scent was at the point where the lake is very close to the fence.

In any case, I have to take her words with a helping of salt because I doubt Aunt TB has ever handled a tracking or trailing dog in her life and in any case, only the handler who has spent thousands of training hours with the dog can say for sure what the dog's actions meant.

I'm not trying to say I think Aunt TB was lying. Just that she was an uninformed observer and may have been mistaken in what the dogs were doing.

Along the lines of ground searches... do any of our locals know, is the Black Hawk County landfill still keeping Evansdale's trash separate?

2 reasons. Either FBI suck at their job (which I don't think that is the answer) Or the evidence that suggest to LE that the girls are alive and not laying out there somewhere, Must be a really good piece of evidence. JMO

Very possible. In addition, maybe LE has concerns that the perp may try to 'help' with the search by destroying evidence, especially if they think the perp is a local?? Idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli