IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that I too have questions about the sighting of the girls by the couple that waters their lawn from noon until 3 and also sees the girls riding by every night. If he waters as faithfully as it seems, he must have the most beautiful lawn on the block. I'm trying to figure out exactly which property belongs to the couple, but can't seem to find any properties on Lake Avenue that belong to someone with that last name.

10 20 buddy. ;)

I read the article in People magazine today. It had really nice pics of Lyric and Elizabeth, and a decent story. The one thing that really bugged me was NO WHERE in the article did I see a phone number for people to call in tips. :( I hope I just missed it somehow.

If you missed it so did I. What a huge oversight! I guess someone could contact People and get the tips to them or at least get the tip line #? I don't see the article online yet but hopefully they'll at least include the # there.

Overall on the article I agree, great pics and I feel like I have a better understanding of what the girls would look like in 'real life' as opposed to school portrait type shots. And what awesome exposure!! I'm very pleasantly surprised they devoted two whole pages to the girls.

I appreciated that they said the girls left at 11:30 "...well aware that while many other kids are permitted to zip around the 4 sq. mi. town on bikes, their family expects them to stick close to home." I wonder if this happened to be the day they decided to get adventurous and hook up with some of the other kids for a quick ride? Although according to reports, the two bikes on the video were the only ones seen on that camera that day.

There were a couple of things that threw me off. One was the timeline - it says 3:40 was when the firefighters found their bikes. Is that when the firefighters found them, but detective Abben didn't get there until the 3:58 time? I might've missed the 3:40 time earlier.

The article states it was Lyric's purple purse that was found. I've always thought it was Elizabeth's from earlier reports. Not sure that it matters.

It was also the first time I'd seen this: "Lyric has her own bedroom in Cook's house [article refers to Gramma as Cook] but prefers to sleep with Grandma, lining Cook's room with American Girl dolls, Barbies, and bottles of nail polish." This choked me up.

This too: "Their last morning together, Elizabeth climbed into Heather's bed, and they planned Elizabeth's birthday cake, a four-tier confection with a waterfall and a beachy theme."

Kleenex time. :(

Please, please let this help get the girls home.

Thank you. I don't know which property it is, and I don't want to name the couple, but I was looking to verify the claim that the lawn was watered for 3 hours that afternoon. One would expect that watering the lawn for 3 hours doesn't randomly happen, but is part of routine chores and habits. Additionally, one would expect that a lawn that is routinely watered for 3 hours at a time would be a healthy, tended yard. If the appearance of the yard is not supported by the claim of watering 3 hours in the afternoon ... I'm looking for another reason to believe that the couple actually saw the two missing girls between noon and three, as well as regularly in the evenings. At this point, I have doubts that their sighting relates to the two missing girls.

Well, whatever pictures of the property you can find are probably not all that recent. I think Hollye's map has Mr. C's address on it but I don't know how that info. was obtained.

I don't know why people are so keen to discredit Mr C and Mr G?

Their times fit perfectly, IMO, and they have exactly ZERO reason (that we know of) to lie/tell LE something false?

Further, Mr P, owner of cctv, states there were only TWO cyclists on his street that day...our girls.

This implies to me that it is either a very quiet part of town, OR a very quiet town, full stop.

Also that Mr C is unlikely to have mistaken two other bike riders, as there WERE no other bike riders in that part of town that day?

:moo:

I sure wish LE had a suspect (that they would tell us of). Preferably one with a public FB page.

:shush:

I agree. THere are obviously a lot of people here with very good sleuthing skills; it's too bad nobody is allowed to use them yet.
:shush:

Thank you. I don't know which property it is, and I don't want to name the couple, but I was looking to verify the claim that the lawn was watered for 3 hours that afternoon. One would expect that watering the lawn for 3 hours doesn't randomly happen, but is part of routine chores and habits. Additionally, one would expect that a lawn that is routinely watered for 3 hours at a time would be a healthy, tended yard. If the appearance of the yard is not supported by the claim of watering 3 hours in the afternoon ... I'm looking for another reason to believe that the couple actually saw the two missing girls between noon and three, as well as regularly in the evenings. At this point, I have doubts that their sighting relates to the two missing girls.

I love the explanation of your logic, classic! I tend to think in a similar fashion.

Off topic comment: I am shocked to hear about the water bill issue. I live in California and we just pay a flat fee for our water and sewage. Weird!

My first question regarding TG was why didn't he think anything was hinky? There is no place to go between two fences in that 10' wide isolated area besides the behind the gate. I would have first been pizzed about the bike on the trial and stopped to move it against the fence for courtesy to others. All the while, looking for the persons responsible for it. Adults wouldn't normally do that and at least one was a child's bike. I don't know how big the mountain bike was/is. ? Like I said before, it's not like they laid the bikes down next to a trail that had open woods or a field to explore. I'd be asking where are these kids? IDK, but I think most people would wonder the same in an area so enclosed. ???? I've also wondered if TG returned home the same way around the lake and if the bikes were still there or if he went on to the northern part and returned down by Arbutus and 6th? jmo

Not being the person in the situation it is easy to say "I would do this ...".
I know that I have found myself in a few situations and surprised myself in how I handled things because I ended up handling them differently than I would have expected until being in the situation.

I think that most of the time people don't get involved, even when things seem odd. Watch that show "what would you do?" and you'll see that even in extreme situations this is often the case.

Is the maintenence gate the single gate that separates bike path from woods or the double gate that separates bike path from lake and "jetty" or whatever? Both gates are in the north fence, and thus within "fenced on both sides" region. The westernmost curve, that I don't consider "blind" as such, though TG might, is near the single gate. The curve I thought IS blind is east of the end of the northern fence, but isn't THAT far from the double fenced area, nor is it far from the single gate either. Certainly near enough to have someone move the bikes from curve to gate. The double gate is not that close to any curve.

I seriously wish we could get clarification on where TG saw the bikes, as well as which gate the bikes were found by.

This is the first I can remember of two gates. ?? The only one I thought we were ever talking about was the one by the jetty with the pump and in the photos. Now I'm totally confused.....again.

How do we know the C's watered their lawn for the entire three hours?

Maybe Mr. C watered only intermittently during the three hour period.

Moo

I don't know why people are so keen to discredit Mr C and Mr G?

Their times fit perfectly, IMO, and they have exactly ZERO reason (that we know of) to lie/tell LE something false?

Further, Mr P, owner of cctv, states there were only TWO cyclists on his street that day...our girls.

This implies to me that it is either a very quiet part of town, OR a very quiet town, full stop.

Also that Mr C is unlikely to have mistaken two other bike riders, as there WERE no other bike riders in that part of town that day?

:moo:

The watering couple seeing the girls between noon and 3 doesn't work with the cyclist seening the bikes on the path at 12:20 as there a 2 hour and 40 minute conflict in time. Wouldn't the watering man know that he saw them just as he started watering the lawn? Could he forget that in an afternoon and think that he saw them just before he finished watering? Is it really possible that the girls rode their bikes past the watering man's house every evening? Also, if the cyclist saw the bikes at a blind curve and there is no blind curve at the drainage pipe gate, were they the same bikes?

I love the explanation of your logic, classic! I tend to think in a similar fashion.

Off topic comment: I am shocked to hear about the water bill issue. I live in California and we just pay a flat fee for our water and sewage. Weird!

Where I live in central texas we have to pay for the water we use and then also for the water that gets sent back to the sewer. I was used to paying a flat cheap fee in California too and boy did I get shock out here.........

Brace yourself - metered charges are coming.

Trust me.

The watering couple seeing the girls between noon and 3 doesn't work with the cyclist seening the bikes on the path at 12:20 as there a 2 hour and 40 minute conflict in time. Wouldn't the watering man know that he saw them just as he started watering the lawn? Could he forget that in an afternoon and think that he saw them just before he finished watering? Is it really possible that the girls rode their bikes past the watering man's house every evening? Also, if the cyclist saw the bikes at a blind curve and there is no blind curve at the drainage pipe gate, were they the same bikes?

Also, TG's sighting of the bikes, does not fit the timeline with the cctv from Cornbelt Auctions.

moo

My first question regarding TG was why didn't he think anything was hinky? There is no place to go between two fences in that 10' wide isolated area besides the behind the gate. I would have first been pizzed about the bike on the trial and stopped to move it against the fence for courtesy to others. All the while, looking for the persons responsible for it.

Unless you visit websleuths, I don't see why someone would find it hinky. It seemed like kids played around the lake and there were kids in the town. A random bike or two laying around would not seem abnormal or hinky.
Even visiting Websleuths if I called the cops or searched out the kids every time I saw an abandoned bike that would literally be every day. I love the kids in my area, but they leave stuff lying around EVERYWHERE.
It may have been slightly weird because of where the bikes were left, but I get thinking two kids were just playing and being a bit inconsiderate over immediately thinking kidnapping or some sort of problem.

At the moment, I am unsure of TG fitting in the timeline. Something is off and I am not sure what. I don't really get the feeling that he is nefarious in any way though. Perhaps mistaken in some way.

I don't see this conflict?

He was 2 blocks and a bit of grass from where the bikes were found.

If he saw the girls at, say, 12.05 that gives a full 15 minutes before TG saw the bikes?

The cctv sighting has been placed (unofficially) as 8 minutes from TG's sighting of the bikes...they only biked 1 mile in 8 minutes which someone pointed out, is brisk walking pace?

TG only ever said he saw the bikes AROUND 12.20....he was not exact.

If you missed it so did I. What a huge oversight! I guess someone could contact People and get the tips to them or at least get the tip line #? I don't see the article online yet but hopefully they'll at least include the # there.

Overall on the article I agree, great pics and I feel like I have a better understanding of what the girls would look like in 'real life' as opposed to school portrait type shots. And what awesome exposure!! I'm very pleasantly surprised they devoted two whole pages to the girls.

I appreciated that they said the girls left at 11:30 "...well aware that while many other kids are permitted to zip around the 4 sq. mi. town on bikes, their family expects them to stick close to home." I wonder if this happened to be the day they decided to get adventurous and hook up with some of the other kids for a quick ride? Although according to reports, the two bikes on the video were the only ones seen on that camera that day.

There were a couple of things that threw me off. One was the timeline - it says 3:40 was when the firefighters found their bikes. Is that when the firefighters found them, but detective Abben didn't get there until the 3:58 time? I might've missed the 3:40 time earlier.

The article states it was Lyric's purple purse that was found. I've always thought it was Elizabeth's from earlier reports. Not sure that it matters.

It was also the first time I'd seen this: "Lyric has her own bedroom in Cook's house [article refers to Gramma as Cook] but prefers to sleep with Grandma, lining Cook's room with American Girl dolls, Barbies, and bottles of nail polish." This choked me up.

This too: "Their last morning together, Elizabeth climbed into Heather's bed, and they planned Elizabeth's birthday cake, a four-tier confection with a waterfall and a beachy theme."

Kleenex time. :(

Please, please let this help get the girls home.

Sorry to quote myself, but finally found this. http://abcas3.accessabc.com/ecirc/magtitlesearch.asp 3.5 million subscribers, plus who knows how many are sold on news stands. Hooray!!!

I have to admit that I too have questions about the sighting of the girls by the couple that waters their lawn from noon until 3 and also sees the girls riding by every night. If he waters as faithfully as it seems, he must have the most beautiful lawn on the block. I'm trying to figure out exactly which property belongs to the couple, but can't seem to find any properties on Lake Avenue that belong to someone with that last name.

Do we actually know that Mr. C watered for the entire three hours between 12 and 3? Do we even know he was watering his lawn? Perhaps he went out to water shrubs etc sometime between 12 and 3. I have a sprinkler system for my lawns but I do go out and soak shrubs, trees, etc. I don't remember hearing that he was actually out in the front yard for three hours, just that sometime between 12 and 3 he was watering. JMO MOO

ETA: After reading Otto's post, I checked google maps and bing maps and there is not a shrub, tree, flower anywhere in that yard. Just lawn. Oopsie.
But the lawn is all green, very green.

I think watering in the heat of the day is old school. When I was growing up, that is what every one did. I suppose the logic was that the grass would be thirstiest during the hottest part of the day. There just was not the awareness about horticulture or water conservation or other environmental kinds of issues back then. I would guess that Mr. C. is just doing what he has done all along.

My neighbor is in her 80s and covets our green grass. Bless her, but she waters at noon and now has burned brown blades. I have to agree with you that old school wins out with her, over cost of evaporation and the 'glass' effect of the sun hitting the wet grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks