IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. it is the way the crow flies...Gilbert may be busier but Lake is not, they would only be on Gilbert for a quick minute.

2. Mr C says he saw the girls "all the time" so one would assume they frequently took that route. There is only one thing Lake Ave is on the way to, and that's the lake.

3. the bikes were found at the lake off Arbutus. I find it easy to believe that they rode 1.5 miles in 8 minutes...that is just over walking pace.

:moo:

Green lights all the way as they ride or walk their bikes across intersections.

Do we know which Casey's LE was asking about the white van at?

Being Captain Obvious here again. Why was LE denying knowledge of TG at about the same time they were using his sighting of the bikes to establish their 8 minute time line? Is it possible that where they were or something else about it is important, but they don't want whatever it is to become public?

I don't think they were using his sighting to establish an 8 minute timeline. Maybe they were, but I haven't seen any reason to conclude that myself. I have seen an article posted that quotes Mr. P, but I think he was making some reference to the 8 minute time difference between the tape and his cell phone. (12:11 on the tape, 12:19 on his cell)

1. it is the way the crow flies...Gilbert may be busier but Lake is not, they would only be on Gilbert for a quick minute.

2. Mr C says he saw the girls "all the time" so one would assume they frequently took that route. There is only one thing Lake Ave is on the way to, and that's the lake.

3. the bikes were found at the lake off Arbutus. I find it easy to believe that they rode 1.5 miles in 8 minutes...that is just over walking pace.

but there are not 8 minutes in the timeline!! cctv at 12:19 TG at 12:20? add 5 minutes for error 12:25 gives us 6 minutes max...that would also mean that TG rode from the bikes to the rest room did his thing then called his daughter by 12:27 (2 minutes). someone makes sense of it for me..i cannot

If I look at 1020 Lake on google earth. I see one house with a driveway and a car surrounded by lush green lawn.

Not quite sure where this "dead lawn" comes from?

Did TG ride his bike from his home to Meyers Lake..or did he drive down and then ride his bike around there? I know he said he frequently rides there. MOO

but there are not 8 minutes in the timeline!! cctv at 12:19 TG at 12:20? add 5 minutes for error 12:25 gives us 6 minutes max...that would also mean that TG rode from the bikes to the rest room did his thing then called his daughter by 12:27 (2 minutes). someone makes sense of it for me..i cannot

I have been accused of being "obsessed" with the 8 minutes before.

Here is where I got it from -

“It’s pretty hard for girls to get a mile and a half away ... in eight minutes,” Pahl said. “I don’t even think I could ride a bike a mile in eight minutes.”
Pahl said FBI officials arrived within 20 minutes of learning about the video and “sat up here all Monday until about noon on Tuesday watching everything we had.”
“I think they marked every single car that went by,” he said. “I know they downloaded a ton of stuff off of this.”

As I've said before, if Mr P has come away from a day and a half with the FBI thinking the girls got a mile and a half away in eight minutes, I'm taking it.

Please remember this is my opinion only.

I have a question. If someone says he watered his lawn between 12pm and 3pm, does he mean that he spent 3 hours watering his lawn, or that the event of watering the lawn (however long it took) happened sometime between the hours of 12pm and 3pm?

Sorry, if this has been clarified already. I just kind of took that statement to mean the latter.

If I look at 1020 Lake on google earth. I see one house with a driveway and a car surrounded by lush green lawn.

Not quite sure where this "dead lawn" comes from?

I do too and the lawn is a little greener than the lawns around it. I don't see any of the tire tracks that were mentioned or any barren dirt.

I remember an incident at the park with my ex when our lil one was about 18 mos. We were seated on a bench at the toddler playground watching her play when an unattended child fell from a ladder and began crying.

My ex went over right away to help him up and make sure he wasn't hurt. I had to run over and tell him that he had better let me handle it because it might look "creepy" for him to help, even though he was just being a caring, vigilant adult, unlike the child's mother.

She showed up a few minutes later as I was giving her little boy a makeshift boo boo ice pack for his elbow and she shot me the look of death and snatched him away without so much as a "thank you".

Still, she might have been worse had it been my ex. :(.

Sorry for the OT. There is just so little news. :(

It is hard to see a little one in need of help and not help.

Years ago we were at Mall of America in the amusement park area. I noticed a little girl (looked to be about 2 or 3), wandering around and there didn't seem to be anyone with her. I got a bad feeling about it..I can't explain what made me think she was alone, I just felt that she was. So I watched and got more worried as I did. I started to follow her from a distance, looking around like crazy for some adult who might belong to her and not seeing any.
Finally, I realized a couple who seemed to be watching her too and the woman noticed me. She said "is she with you?" and I said "no! I was hoping she was with you!" she shook her head and walked away. Just like that...walked away.

So I approched the child and asked her if she was lost. She said, "No I'm not lost, but my daddy is!" (My heart sank)

I asked her if I could help look and we only traveled a short distance before I located a police officer. I explained the situation to him and he asked her for her dad's name. she said "his name is Daddy!" (oy!)

So he assured me he would take her to the lost children desk (I didnt know they had one!).

When I returned to my husband he pointed out that her parent might have freaked out if they saw me wandering around with the little girl looking for them. It hadn't occurred to me..I just wanted to make sure she was ok!

they didnt stop at lake ave they stopped behind the lake..please include the distance to the area behind the lake..about 1.3 miles in my est.

Bing won't let me go off road to the area by gate, so I took it down the "unknown" part of Arbutus and Maiden Lane to compensate, which looks like it could equal from the main Arbutus to the gate on trail. 6 minutes.

http://binged.it/RJBEbb

good question..i took the fastest possible root and still it was 6 minutes..im assuming google does not take in to account stopping for intersections etc..if the fastest possible root does not fit then longer routes would also not fit...just a guess really

I agree. If six minutes is the fastest, not including intersections and the 8 year old on the BMX bike, then it doesn't seem possible.

If the police were only interested in 8 minutes of tape, why did they spend two days at the shop analyzing it? Were investigators looking at 8 minutes of tape, from 12:03 - 12:19, checking for vehicles in the area at the time? Or were they looking at his tape because they had narrowed the time to 8 minutes already?

Bing won't let me go off road to the area by gate, so I took it down the "unknown" part of Arbutus and Maiden Lane to compensate, which looks like it could equal from the main Arbutus to the gate on trail. 6 minutes.

http://binged.it/RJBEbb

Please everyone remember

TG said "ABOUT" 12.20...it could easily have been 12.23 which gives 11 minutes, or 12,25 which gives 12 minutes, and so on....

Does anyone remember offhand what day it was that TG heard about the girls and contacted LE? If not, I can dig around and find it myself. It seems like it was a day or two later, and that's not really something that I'd make a mental not to keep track of when it happened. If he had also ridden there on Thursday and saw 2 bikes laying on the trail then, and heard about it on Sunday, it seems totally possible that he'd "remember" it being Friday just because it would seem so likely.

Whether he actually saw bikes there or not, it does seem likely that whatever happened it was before 1:00 or the girls would probably have been home or WC would be likely to have seen them when she drove around looking.

I agree. If six minutes is the fastest, not including intersections and the 8 year old on the BMX bike, then it doesn't seem possible.

If the police were only interested in 8 minutes of tape, why did they spend two days at the shop analyzing it? Were investigators looking at 8 minutes of tape, from 12:03 - 12:19, checking for vehicles in the area at the time? Or were they looking at his tape because they had narrowed the time to 8 minutes already?

No one said that?

All I said is that Mr P appears to believe the FBI have an 8 minute frame.

I do too and the lawn is a little greener than the lawns around it. I don't see any of the tire tracks that were mentioned or any barren dirt.

Barren yard picture is from the Black Hawk County Real Estate and Tax Administration.

Does anyone remember offhand what day it was that TG heard about the girls and contacted LE? If not, I can dig around and find it myself. It seems like it was a day or two later, and that's not really something that I'd make a mental not to keep track of when it happened. If he had also ridden there on Thursday and saw 2 bikes laying on the trail then, and heard about it on Sunday, it seems totally possible that he'd "remember" it being Friday just because it would seem so likely.

Whether he actually saw bikes there or not, it does seem likely that whatever happened it was before 1:00 or the girls would probably have been home or WC would be likely to have seen them when she drove around looking.

The same day.

“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/r...11e1-b097-001a4bcf887a.html?comment_form=true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli