IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, and I'm behind again as usual, but for this particular question yes. Depending on the injury and surgery it might be recommended as the best type of exercise. IMO.

I agree. I have a neighbor, around 60 years old, who is disabled because of his back. He rides bike a lot, and it doesn't seem to affect him much. Stairs, on the other hand, do him in fairly quickly.

Another thought as people discuss the "bikes staged" angle and different routes the girls could have possibly taken on their bikes.....there has been a lot of great info shared about the types of dogs used in these investigations. What I can't help but wonder, is.....didn't LE have the dogs track from the actual house to see what route the girls DID take? That would seem to answer a lot of questions, not least of which being whether the girls had actually been ON the trail at all.

I've wondered this too. There's a fair amount of talk about the dogs being by the lake, but none that I've seen in MSM or otherwise about the dogs' activity, if any, anywhere else. It seems to me like a search from the Collins house or at least from the last known location on the CCTV would be helpful.

I've wondered this too. There's a fair amount of talk about the dogs being by the lake, but none that I've seen in MSM or otherwise about the dogs' activity, if any, anywhere else. It seems to me like a search from the Collins house or at least from the last known location on the CCTV would be helpful.

To my knowledge, dogs were not used anywhere other than the lake. Of course, LE/FBI may have used dogs elsewhere without telling the media about it.

Hmmm and where the workers go to smoke behind Fareway is next to the bike trail.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but for the locals, is it Fareway or Fairway? I seem to find references to both online but I can't tell if it's just a spelling thing or if there are two different stores. If this discussion isn't allowed here I'll drop it, I just saw the store reference several times so I was hoping it's ok.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but for the locals, is it Fareway or Fairway? I seem to find references to both online but I can't tell if it's just a spelling thing or if there are two different stores. If this discussion isn't allowed here I'll drop it, I just saw the store reference several times so I was hoping it's ok.

Fareway Grocery.

I don't know, and I'm behind again as usual, but for this particular question yes. Depending on the injury and surgery it might be recommended as the best type of exercise. IMO.

I was in PT a couple of times and I wasn't privy to exact surgery, but some of earliest things back surg pts did was bike and walk on treadmill. I only knew type of surg cause I was always in bike area w/knee. Made me cringe for them.

About watering lawn after mild rain... I can't keep up with all the posts, so sorry if already mentioned, but sometimes a small garden calls for extra watering.
Where I live it's tomato season, yum :)

I really don't wanna be a Debbie Downer, but I have a hinky feeling this case will go cold. :(

I know the majority of times child abductions/crimes are committed by family members, but with this case I just don't get that vibe (even with Lyrics parents past Meth use, convictions etc).

Poor babies :(

If you have been reading here for a while, you would notice that imo police are working on it. Most believe LE are onto someone. Jmo.

If the case was going cold police ,i believe would let more information out to have help from the public.

However the time lost at the lake draining it, makes me fear the girls are less likely to still be alive. But we should never give up hope.

If you have been reading here for a while, you would notice that imo police are working on it. Most believe LE are onto someone. Jmo.

If the case was going cold police ,i believe would let more information out to have help from the public.

However the time lost at the lake draining it, makes me fear the girls are less likely to still be alive. But we should never give up hope.

Thankyou Thinkzerz, sometimes I'm a little bit too cynical! I just wish all cases were very open and closed with a positive outcome unfortunately :( I don't like the long silences and waits! :banghead:

Anyone know if DM is in jail? Just want to know if this is rumour or not. TIA

:fence:
I agree. I have a neighbor, around 60 years old, who is disabled because of his back. He rides bike a lot, and it doesn't seem to affect him much. Stairs, on the other hand, do him in fairly quickly.

Some back surgeries are very successful and leave a person with the ability to do anything they did before the injury to the back. Some are not. It does depend on the injury and type of surgery. I've had a bad back for many, many years, never had surgery, but up until 10 years ago, I could ride a bike with no problems. Now, I would have a problem, but not because of my back... my legs would give out long before my back did. I have a problem with stairs, as well.

Thankyou Thinkzerz, sometimes I'm a little bit too cynical! I just wish all cases were very open and closed with a positive outcome unfortunately :( I don't like the long silences and waits! :banghead:

I know the wait is long. :maddening:

Just hoping to wake up one morning and hearing they caught the person:jail:. Just to know if they find the girls. But again a happy ending is dwindling.

Anyone know if DM is in jail? Just want to know if this is rumour or not. TIA

Was he in court this past Friday or this coming Friday? Can't remember. Know his date is fast approaching if not passed again.

I also think the case isn't cold yet, or the LE would leak some tidbits to help out.

Is there a law in Iowa that states a bike helmet must be worn when riding on the street? If so, is it enforced to any degree?

Nah there isn't any bike helmet law and even if there were, I have never ever seen such a thing enforced (in fact I rarely saw anyone over 6 wearing them)

We don't have a motorcycle helmet law or a bicycle helmet law. I see children and adults all the time riding without helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli