IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the family has come to the same conclusions as many here ... that in order to use Maiden Lane, the abductor had to be famliar with the area. Didn't one of the parents mention really early on that one of the girls had asked about going to Meyers Lake and the parent said absolutely not? Maybe the seed was planted already. Maybe someone in the parking lot near Lottie's Lounge asked the girls why they weren't biking at the lake instead of in a parking lot. Someone may have suggested that the girls meet him at the park for a boat ride and then led them away.

The girls knew they needed to be back before 1:30, because gma was going to leave to go meet TB. If, for example, Lyric had met someone at the park in Waterloo the day she was late, she may have arranged to meet that person at the lake trail at say 12:30 to maybe go see horses or who knows..anyway, they could have been circling until it got to be time to head for the lake, and the person actually was there and took them somewhere by luring them....we just have to walk awhile, you can leave the bikes here and we'll be back in plenty of time..just down that path..just over there...either into a vehicle or in a different direction altogether, e.g., south along the river out of earshot.. The perp figuring no one would look for them for awhile and not counting on that they had been seen on cctv. By 4pm, they could have traveled quite far. I know that I would have gone with anybody, anywhere if it was to see horses..but that's just me. I'm only using horses as an example, because I know what a pull that can be...and for other reasons that can be found here and there on Websleuths. (hmm...I guess this doesn't explain the purse being left...unless there were carrots in it and they brought them and left the purse..or they were told, don't bring the purse it might scare the horses...or you don't need it, we'll be right back...oy vey) Of course, the perp might have had a gun and said...move it, march that way, now. MOO

I'm wondering because of the posts upthread suggesting that by eliminating one of the tips, everything falls into place. I don't see anything falling into place regardless of eliminating the tips.

Lake Avenue seems like a detour from the Collins home to the trail whether the children rode from Lafayette to the Evansdale Nature Trail or cut through the streets. Furthermore, a local has posted that it rained most of the night and into the morning on Friday, July 13, so why would anyone be watering the lawn that afternoon?

The cyclist's tip has problems in the timeline, but if we move the times around by a few minutes on either end, then it's conceivable that he saw the children's bikes ... but it's a very tight timeline.

If we eliminate both tips, all we have left is the girls riding their bikes near the house at 12:19 and the bikes being discovered at 3:40 or 3:58. Nothing falls into place ... still a mystery.

Eliminate one of the tips and everything fits. Don't move it around - remove it. MOO

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I could be wrong but I don't think there was as it didn't meet the criteria. No vehicle info, and it appears the LEs first focus was on the lake.:twocents:
Thanks Otto and rachaellouise! I had totally forgotten the requiremt of there being a vehicle description for an Amber Alert. And, of course, abduction wouldn't have been the 1st thing that came to mind when two chn disappeared at a lake. Thank you.

I am very careful about what I post and don't think I've ever posted a rumor or anything from FB but I just have to share this time. Just read on one of the girls' pages that today Heather posted on her FB status that she & Drew believe someone who knew the girls is the one who took them and they are praying really hard that TODAY will be the day that the girls are returned to them. I'm sure they always pray that everyday. But, it doesn't hurt for us to send prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes out to them today.

:please:

I am pretty fixated on my theory, but I would happily admit being wrong if it meant the girls could come home.

But if the bikes were spotted laying on the trail at 12:20 by a reliable pillar of the community, why would they be interested in any time after that?

Well... no camera, or other witness spotted them.

But if the bikes were spotted laying on the trail at 12:20 by a reliable pillar of the community, why would they be interested in any time after that?

Maybe so, maybe not.

An eye witness can testify to something with the purest of hearts and still be mistaken.

I assume the 3 pm terminus was set by LE well beyond what they believe the actual abduction time was. They wouldn't want to tip their hand to the perp and it could also be used as a filter for sorting tips.

Yes, poor babies indeed... I'm still playing catch-up on this case. Your post raised another question which I'm probably the only one here who doesn't know the answer: Q - bbm - Was/is there an Amber Alert out on these little girls?

No Amber Alert because not enough information known about who took them or what vehicle they may be travelling in.

I am very careful about what I post and don't think I've ever posted a rumor or anything from FB but I just have to share this time. Just read on one of the girls' pages that today Heather posted on her FB status that she & Drew believe someone who knew the girls is the one who took them and they are praying really hard that TODAY will be the day that the girls are returned to them. I'm sure they always pray that everyday. But, it doesn't hurt for us to send prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes out to them today.

:please:

I know we can't talk about what we find on FB and it is considered gossip or rumor, but it is very interesting to read. It is not my intent to violate TOS and I dont think this will, but if it does, I apologize ahead of time.

The spelling errors and repeat words can be from using a mobile device, but the overall feeling I get from the sentence structure is frustration, anxiety and a sense that they have an idea of who it might be. Trying to avoid putting the content here, but she does reference that she believes the person(s) are on FB and then she says "even a friend request I excepted *accepted*". The post is pretty much a puke of her thoughts so it is hard to read anything into what she says.

I know we can't talk about what we find on FB and it is considered gossip or rumor, but it is very interesting to read. It is not my intent to violate TOS and I dont think this will, but if it does, I apologize ahead of time.

The spelling errors and repeat words can be from using a mobile device, but the overall feeling I get from the sentence structure is frustration, anxiety and a sense that they have an idea of who it might be. Trying to avoid putting the content here, but she does reference that she believes the person(s) are on FB and then she says "even a friend request I excepted *accepted*". The post is pretty much a puke of her thoughts so it is hard to read anything into what she says.

Lol like my posts sometimes....!

I believe that LE have always had a suspect.

They have evidence we do not, but the little they have said, and the seeming direction of the investigtion, implies (to me, at least) that they just need one elusive piece of evidence to bring it all down.

They have never issued a BOLO; they have stated repeatedly in strong language they believe the girls are alive (based on what, exactly?), they have treated the family VERY aggressively and declared that "everyone is suspect".

It may not BE the family but it appears they suspect someone closely involved with the family, indeed I have always thought the girls went voluntarily with someone they knew and trusted.

My opinion only.

:cow:

Pretty creepy if she accepted a friend request from someone she now believes to be the perp or perps. I notice she says "even"...like "I even accepted this person into my circle of friends"..expressing a sort of guilt or regret that she trusted somebody..or a couple of somebodys...something like that...shudder.

I believe that LE have always had a suspect.

They have evidence we do not, but the little they have said, and the seeming direction of the investigtion, implies (to me, at least) that they just need one elusive piece of evidence to bring it all down.

They have never issued a BOLO; they have stated repeatedly in strong language they believe the girls are alive (based on what, exactly?), they have treated the family VERY aggressively and declared that "everyone is suspect".

It may not BE the family but it appears they suspect someone closely involved with the family, indeed I have always thought the girls went voluntarily with someone they knew and trusted.

My opinion only.

Yes. I agree.

Thanks for that MN, even thought pukes can be valuable sometimes.

ETA: it occurs to me that a quick and easy way to bust it open would be to increase the reward...someone knows something, and money may make them talk where nothing else will.

Somebody really angry with MCM, HC, DC, GMa. There are a couple of people (who probably don't like each other either) who fit into this category and may have had the opportunity and assistance.

Deception can happen like this,

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46345422/ns/technology_and_science-security/t/dads-facebook-surfer-page-lured-girls-charges-say/"

"Ainsworth's September arrest led authorities to uncover "an elaborate and disturbing false identity scam" in which Ainsworth concocted profiles depicting two 15-year-old high school dropouts who had run away to become surfers, Attorney General Linda Kelly said at a news conference Friday. The profiles were created using pictures of anonymous teens investigators believe Ainsworth lifted from MySpace pages.

The girls were psychologically manipulated because the "surfers" would pretend to share whatever experience the girls were going through. "If they were having family problems, (one surfer) would say he was having family problems. If they were thinking about running away, he'd talk about running away," said Nils Frederiksen, a spokesman for Kelly"

"All of the girls were vulnerable due to issues ranging from divorce and custody disputes, substance abuse, or bullying, and Ainsworth exploited those concerns, Kelly said"

Pretty creepy if she accepted a friend request from someone she now believes to be the perp or perps. I notice she says "even"...like "I even accepted this person into my circle of friends"..expressing a sort of guilt or regret that she trusted somebody..or a couple of somebodys...something like that...shudder.

I don't know. I do believe in keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. If someone I suspected of taking my kid asked me to "friend me" on fb and if I did fb, yes I would "accept" them. I have heard of cases where the person involved with abducting someone have taunted the families of their loved one for years either by phone calls or letters. I suppose fb could be the "new" way to taunt or stalk a family with missing loved ones, or perhaps be so bold as to think they have gotten away with it and contact the family. :notgood: These types always believe they are smarter than law enforcement.

I was in PT a couple of times and I wasn't privy to exact surgery, but some of earliest things back surg pts did was bike and walk on treadmill. I only knew type of surg cause I was always in bike area w/knee. Made me cringe for them.

I feel for you! I was there for my knee too and one of the first things they had me do was hit the stationary bike, once we got past that whole being able to stand up and take a few steps thing. There were a lot of people there with bad backs too, and it seemed like they were on the bikes a lot.

Deception can happen like this,

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46345422/ns/technology_and_science-security/t/dads-facebook-surfer-page-lured-girls-charges-say/"

"Ainsworth's September arrest led authorities to uncover "an elaborate and disturbing false identity scam" in which Ainsworth concocted profiles depicting two 15-year-old high school dropouts who had run away to become surfers, Attorney General Linda Kelly said at a news conference Friday. The profiles were created using pictures of anonymous teens investigators believe Ainsworth lifted from MySpace pages.

The girls were psychologically manipulated because the "surfers" would pretend to share whatever experience the girls were going through. "If they were having family problems, (one surfer) would say he was having family problems. If they were thinking about running away, he'd talk about running away," said Nils Frederiksen, a spokesman for Kelly"

"All of the girls were vulnerable due to issues ranging from divorce and custody disputes, substance abuse, or bullying, and Ainsworth exploited those concerns, Kelly said"

Yep.

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members