IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Misty, they started searching around 12.30.

COOK-MORRISSEY: Just the normal image, don`t be gone very long and we realized they left 11:30. By 12:30, we were not happy because they weren`t back. And that`s when Kelly, my 12-year-old grandson from Heather`s house, the dad was home so we went searching right away and by 2:00, Heather couldn`t find them either so she went straight to the police station and the police went out right away.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

There doesn't seem much doubt that the girls had "vanished" by 12.30, otherwise the searchers would have found them.

:cow:

"Within 20 minutes of us standing there". So in that same 20 minutes, what the heck were they doing? If I was frantically looking for two lost girls and someone told me they saw them heading west on the trail, I am pretty sure I would go that direction. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the lake isn't that big and I don't understand why TB et al did not find the bikes before a 20 minute window when the cops showed up. It probably doesn't mean anything, I just don't get the lack of urgency at this point in the day.

Exactly.

My daughter went missing in a forest 10 years ago before being located in the wilderness by a forest ranger 3 hours after her disappearance. We saw a hiker come out of the woods from where we lost sight of her. I suspected him of doing something harmful to her, especially since he told us that he had passed her as he was coming down the mountain 1/2 a mile away. To this day, I can give you a description of that man and what he was wearing, and I had his license plate and car description memorized.

IMOO...If TB TRULY saw this guy, who would have been the last person to have seen the girls or their bikes, I would assume that she had a similar reaction, and she would know specific details about the guy and be able to give LE enough info to follow up with. If not....make your own assumptions!

WITHOUT EVEN HESITATING, my husband and older daughter immediately hiked up the mountain to where the hiker had come from and towards the location where he indicated that he had last seen my younger daughter, while I followed the hiker to his car. Did TE and family do this??? If not, again....make your own assumptions!

Here is a link about the girl kept in the bunker. She was under his garage and not his home.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/14/n...und-in-secret-room.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

I wasn't familiar with the story, but I'm sure some might be.

Thank you for posting this. I hope and pray wherever Katie is now, her life is much happier than it was when she was young. No child should have to live like that, total failure of so many adults around her. My heart just aches and breaks for the Katie's in this often ugly world.

COOK-MORRISSEY: Just the normal image, don`t be gone very long and we realized they left 11:30. By 12:30, we were not happy because they weren`t back. And that`s when Kelly, my 12-year-old grandson from Heather`s house, the dad was home so we went searching right away and by 2:00, Heather couldn`t find them either so she went straight to the police station and the police went out right away.

The transcript attributes that comment to MCM, but that is a comment by WC.

Very thought provoking post! :waitasec:

As I understand it, TG did not speak to anyone at the lake on the 13th. It was the next day when his daughter saw the news about the abduction, and rememebered her conversation with her father about him just missing the bikes, that he realized he should let LE know about what he had seen.

In the NG interview:

|WYLMA COOK, MISSING GIRLS` GRANDMA, LAST TO SEE THE GIRLS ALIVE: No, it wasn`t no pattern, because we were always at Heather`s house in the morning and they could have went for a bike ride maybe 9:00, for a short bike ride, and come back. And there was no pattern.

And then another thing I want to say is down by the lake, going, not the bike path, somebody could have snatched them along the road. If there was two people in a van, they could have thrown those kids in their van with their bikes and there`s another way to drive by the houses and get to the end of that trail and they could have chunked the bikes down there with the children.

GRACE: To Misty Cook-Morrissey, explain to me again what Miss. Cook is saying. I think I get it but I want to understand it as it relates to that bike path and where the grandma`s home is.

COOK-MORRISSEY: OK. OK.

GRACE: So what is she saying?

COOK-MORRISSEY: I just started -- I just started the job at Casey`s, so the last five days, Lyric and Elizabeth have been playing at Heather`s every day, taking bike rides, so as far as a pattern, yes, could somebody have been watching them there, and seeing that they play together, that hang out together, this last week. Yes, that could have happened.

What she`s saying is at the end of the U that you were shown, the trail comes around here, the bikes were found here, You come to that end of it, this bridge is out into a wooded area and right here is a big patch of grass where you can pull your vehicles up on to and that`s where we parked our vehicles to get back on the trail and go back this way.

So that`s what she`s saying, that someone could have very well come into that grassy area on the south side of the trail that ends as far as being able to walk or ride a bike.

GRACE: OK, Jim Spellman, joining me there at Meyers Lake, OK, this is the first I`m hearing of a quasi-parking area on a grassy turf near where the bikes were discovered. Would that have been access for someone to park there, dump the bikes and keep going?

SPELLMAN: Yes, it could -- it sort of connects the neighborhood actually quite close to the police station to this back end, that would definitely have to be somebody who was waiting there, because the bike path and the direction that the scent dogs went would lead them down this bike path, someone would have to know that they were there to be on that end, almost ready to intercept them, Nancy

I find this interesting and probably all good info, and yes, it's been mulled over before....sigh.

Wait...I thought Misty was at work until 2:00. Interesting how she places herself in this scenario as "we", yet she was at work while all of this transpired?????????????

Wait...I thought Misty was at work until 2:00. Interesting how she places herself in this scenario as "we", yet she was at work while all of this transpired?????????????

Transcript is incorrect. Nancy was speaking to the grandmother, addressing her by first name.

Wait...I thought Misty was at work until 2:00. Interesting how she places herself in this scenario as "we", yet she was at work while all of this transpired?????????????[/QUOTE

That quote you posted is attributed to Misty, but that is clearly a transcript mistake..that is the gma speaking.

I do agree that further up the interview, MCM says her mother called her at 2:00...that is one of the details timewise that has morphed a bit...maybe because it was such a stressful day, etc...I still find it unclear who left when, who was in the yard talking about it...who was where when. MCM worked very close to the Collins house. I can't figure out if Gma called her at work or whether she came home after Gma left for Waterloo to meet Tammy...

So confusing, but I understand the confusion under the circumstances.

If the man that TB spoke with is the last person to see the girls alive, he is the MOST important person in this investigation, no matter who he is. MOO

Have you ever been part of a story that was carried by multiple media outlets? I have and found that not one tv/radio station or newspaper, got it right. Several were so far off as to be unrecognizable. A couple were close but still missed on very important info. Just a suggestion to take what is 'reported' with a grain of salt. I give a lot more weight to LE or family statements on video than quoted.

As I understand it, TG did not speak to anyone at the lake on the 13th. It was the next day when his daughter saw the news about the abduction, and rememebered her conversation with her father about him just missing the bikes, that he realized he should let LE know about what he had seen.

And when did he do this? I have been confused on when he told anyone. Was it Saturday or Monday? Did he tell his daughter about just missing the bikes when he called her on the phone on Friday at 12:27 or was this a subsequent conversation they were having? Not sleuthing TG, just trying to understand the timing, so if anyone has anything that would help me from be confused, that would be great.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

Here is the post with the transcript, TB states this at the bottom.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Cops are focusing on new leads. They say they want to talk to a boater. We`ve got some shots of boaters. Somebody was on the lake boating around in one of those little tiny boats. What do you know about that? Who is this individual?

BROUSSEAU: I don`t know who that individual is. I was on scene prior to the Evansdale police showing up. And I was on scene before the Waterloo Sheriff`s Department showed up. I had a gut feeling to go there and look for my nieces.

So my mother and I and the Collins family, Little Boy Kelly (ph), we all went to Myers Lake. I jumped out and started asking random people. One man said yes, he had seen the description of those girls on the bike trail going west. It`s a small lake. The bike trail wraps around small -- it`s not real huge. And within 20 minutes of us standing there, Evansdale police and Waterloo Sheriff`s Department were on the bike trail with their vehicles, went around to that side, located the bicycles and Elizabeth`s purse.

God bless her and I'm not trying to be snarky but everytime I hear Aunt T. or even just read her words I about have a dang panic attack. :ohwow:

My daughter went missing in a forest 10 years ago before being located in the wilderness by a forest ranger 3 hours after her disappearance. We saw a hiker come out of the woods from where we lost sight of her. I suspected him of doing something harmful to her, especially since he told us that he had passed her as he was coming down the mountain 1/2 a mile away. To this day, I can give you a description of that man and what he was wearing, and I had his license plate and car description memorized.

IMOO...If TB TRULY saw this guy, who would have been the last person to have seen the girls or their bikes, I would assume that she had a similar reaction, and she would know specific details about the guy and be able to give LE enough info to follow up with. If not....make your own assumptions!

She said that LE has his name and #.

Can anyone tell me another theory on how T.B. felt they were at the lake?
This is my own..moo

Is it possible she found out about the lake second hand?
T.B.is the babysitter for her own grand daughter,while her older step daughter works.
T.B. needed to go out with her mom at 1:30-2 pm.
T.B.could have also maybe needed a babysitter for her grand child..
T.B. has a minor child who is old enough to babysit for an hour or so..
What if that minor had plans to meet her cousin at the lake.
T.B. put a stop to that so she could babysit.
Maybe they had a plan to meet with unnamed/unknown person.
Maybe, maybe, maybe, that's how T.B. knew to go to the lake..
MOOO Mooo Moo.. I am going to retire to the basement now..

God bless her and I'm not trying to be snarky but everytime I hear Aunt T. or even just read her words I about have a dang panic attack. :ohwow:

I am being snarky. TB using the term "on scene" makes me feel like someone who is assimilating LE terminology and someone who likes to fit in and get attention. Not saying she has anything to do with this - she just bugs me.

So she previously said she was there at 2:45, and LE swarmed at 3 - so that would basically match up with her saying this time they arrived about 20 mins. later. But she says that's when Sheriff's dept were on vehicles on the path and went around to that side of the lake and found the bikes. It would not take them 50-60 minutes to find the bikes.

BBM --

That has puzzled me since the beginning. :waitasec:

I have a million questions about timing, who did what when, why they did it, even who lived where with who.

Sadly, most of them are against TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members