IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am being snarky. TB using the term "on scene" makes me feel like someone who is assimilating LE terminology and someone who likes to fit in and get attention. Not saying she has anything to do with this - she just bugs me.
Well... you want snarky... as far as TB is concerned, most of what I have read from her has been highly inaccurate anyway, such as when Heather got home, that Heather CALLED the police (no, she went there in person), and who arrived where and when. She strikes me as one to quickly jump on -- and misinterpret -- most of what she then spews. I pretty much discount 99% of what she says. But I suppose there is always at least one who has to fall into that category... just move on.

I guess I could see a scenario where TB's man doesn't exist, but that would have to be because she invented it to avoid questions about whether/why she thought the girls were at the lake in the first place. Something like that. However, I don't really believe she would do that even if she did seem to want to be the "mouth" and control the story for awhile. I think she's just very outspoken. Besides, she stated that LE had his name and number. MOO

If I needed A/C work during this hot summer, I would probably call the company that placed an ad in every single issue of the newspaper that creatively impactful company in Evansdale puts out.

I got chills and a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach reading your post.

LOL> anyway. This is a view of where the bikes were found from the kitchen in the house that is empty and for sale on the lake.

Were the bikes found ACROSS the lake from this house, or just up the pathway from this house?

My brain doesn't seem to be working. Just where is this 'bridge' and 'patch of grass'? TIA

I, too, would dearly love some confirmation on this "bridge" and such. Hard to see through trees when you're only a wee bird in Google Maps, or watching strange "hand movements" in a video taped interview. My limited experience with ASL only confuses me more.

From inside the W's kitchen??? :eek:

ETA: You would need to look further left I think. Almost totally left if you were standing on that dock.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

It looks straight out to the place the girls bikes were found. So I don't know what u mean?

Were the bikes found ACROSS the lake from this house, or just up the pathway from this house?

Um... sort of around the corner of the SE portion of Meyers Lake. That house faces S Evans Rd, if that helps.
And the photo shot is out the back yard, over that portion of the lake.
I've probably just confused you more, huh? <lol>

That area where you could get in the back way Misty talked about, would have been the perfect place to get the girls back into and take them without being seen. With so much drug activity around the girls, could someone have had them meet a person and they didn't know what they were picking up, but it went horribly wrong? Maybe the purse was for another reason, they were told to take it by someone.

Why would the girls drop their bikes to go where it could be frightening to them? I think the only way would be if they knew someone was there to meet them. Just a theory, but people use kids all the time for handing off and picking up drugs and most of the kids don't even know it. Maybe it was the person Lyric met with her cousin four days before, or someone else, but I'm sure LE knows more.

COOK-MORRISSEY:
"What she`s saying is at the end of the U that you were shown, the trail comes around here, the bikes were found here, You come to that end of it, this bridge is out into a wooded area and right here is a big patch of grass where you can pull your vehicles up on to and that`s where we parked our vehicles to get back on the trail and go back this way."

Dang, so who all knew about this patch of grass where you could pull your vehicle up and knew the girls went to that lake and knew they were going at that time to be waiting for them? Mainly, why would both girls be abducted?

So you park your cars in a patch of grass at the end of a wooded area to look for the girls? Not in the parking lot? Why? Cuz...that's what everyone does, right?

:worms:

According to Misty, they started searching around 12.30.

COOK-MORRISSEY: Just the normal image, don`t be gone very long and we realized they left 11:30. By 12:30, we were not happy because they weren`t back. And that`s when Kelly, my 12-year-old grandson from Heather`s house, the dad was home so we went searching right away and by 2:00, Heather couldn`t find them either so she went straight to the police station and the police went out right away.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

According to the above the girls were initially gone for about 1 hour-from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. So Cook-Morrissey started searching right then....when the girls were about an hour late.
imo

This is from StacyMarie83 back on 7/16 at 4:30 from JVM I believe:

exact quote :) love DVR "the last they were seem was 11:30 a.m. when they told mom they were going on the bikeride, that was the last time they were for sure seen, now it's gone onto, it's getting cloe to being quarter to three we stop at meyers lake, i said mom drive me to meyers lake. I had elizabeth's older bother whose 12, kelly, with us and I just jumped out and started asking random strangers 'have you seen 2 little girls' gave them the description, colors of the bike, and possibly what they were wearing. and um, one man stepped forward and said 'yes i seen them going east on the bike trail about 2:30. whether he is telling the truth or not, they do have his name, i don't know, whether he's a person of interest, i don't know. but the girls bike did trail around and ended up on the southside of the lake by the interstate which would be 380"

ETA: This was also from date same date and show I believe posted by mrsu:
So, dad says he was told the bikes were facing west when found and man who aunt talked to at the lake when searching said he saw the girls heading east at 2:30pm.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I agree. I think the girls went to the lakeside trail because they expected to meet someone there. They left their bikes there on purpose. imo

What about the purse? Do you think it was accidently left behind?

So you park your cars in a patch of grass at the end of a wooded area to look for the girls? Not in the parking lot? Why? Cuz...that's what everyone does, right?

Yep, kinda strange.

I believe they were parked in the parking lot initially, but moved there once the bikes were found, to "get back on the trail and go back this way."

I too am leaning toward a planned event and that it was someone familiar to the girls... even if it was a repairman who had been at the house months or weeks before the event. If this person talked to the girls at that time maybe he told them he had "horses" and asked if they liked "horses". Of course, girls love horses. Maybe even promised to take them to see the horses and maybe get to ride the horses. I am aware she is a spokesperson for ABC (?) and an advocate for missing children. However, I do think Elizabeth Smart speaking out in this case was of significance. She was abducted and kept alive. Jaycee Dugard's foundation provides support and services for the timely treatment of families recovering from abduction and the aftermath of traumatic experiences. The FBI specifically said they have reason to believe the girls to be alive. I still believe the girls could be alive. The girls' posters seem to be speaking directly to someone. This case is quite curious and in listening to the scanner last week, the FBI was still in the area and I believe we could see a positive outcome.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120815/NEWS/308150104/?odyssey=nav|head

Wow... yes! We both seem to be on the same thought plane here. I do believe this was planned, and the girls were lured away that day. I also believe those bikes and purse were staged. Just too many "little details" seem to head that way...

They went searching right away-where? I think they were at the lake 20 minutes before LE arrived, that's in another transcript floating around...I think the wording was " we stood there for about 20 minutes when the police showed up". Because I remember thinking, " they STOOD THERE for 20 minutes? Doing what?"
ETA-I was supposed to include Sapphiresteels last post with this one, sorry

Also the quote is in the transcript I had just posted myself. Sorry for the brain fog.

You and I are wondering the same things.
If the girls left grandmothers at 11:30am ish. And were not back by 12:30pm, what really set the grandmother, the moms and aunt in worried or panic mode?

Why did Aunt T. immediately suggest searching the lake?

If Aunt T. stood around for 20 minutes---why wasn't she looking then?

Was it Aunt T or a mom that said one of the girls was late a few days before at a certain 'destination'? WHY did she use the word destination?

imo-Sorry I'm rambling.
imoo

According to the above the girls were initially gone for about 1 hour-from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. So Cook-Morrissey started searching right then....when the girls were about an hour late.
imo

Cook-Morrissey is MCM. This attribution is a mistake while making the transcript. WC said that. MCM was at work. MOO

imo

That was a transcription error. Cook-Morrissey was still working at that time, it was W. Cook who said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025