IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things seem strange about this whole disappearance. The 58 minute gap is one, that lake is small, it took 58 minutes for folks on quads to find the bikes?? I would have thought, if worried family members had a small enough vehicle, would have driven around the lake as much as they could on that paved trail, with their emergency lights flashing and tooting their horn, to warn any joggers or bike riders on the trail, to get the girls' attention if they were at the lake. Or walking, jogging around the lake, calling the girls' names. The 'standing around, waiting' seems odd.

Some things just don't feel right about this whole situation. I was sorting books and saw my old Agatha Chrisie 'At Bertram's Hotel'. In it, Miss Marple is back in an old hotel that she had been to as a child. Now, in her old age, Miss Marple is back and it dawns on her that many things happening in the old hotel are like it is a story being staged. As if the audience (hotel guests) were being fed information to believe things are happening a certain way.

What was really going on behind the scenes was the hotel was being used as a front, a coverup, by a gang of thieves. The thieves were also playing roles at jobs at the hotel, but by creating too perfect of an atmosphere, it aroused Miss Marple's suspicions that all was not as it seemed.

Maybe that's why some of us are uncomfortable with certain things we are finding out about the girls' disappearance, like we are being led to believe one thing, but something tells us it didn't happen that way? Smoke and mirrors.....

For me..."smoke and mirror" appeared early in the disappearance, and I have felt that something wasn't right with the scenario from the very beginning...before biker/hiker, before Mr C, before camera, before paddleboat, before white van, before Caseys guy...and I still believe that!

You and I are wondering the same things.
If the girls left grandmothers at 11:30am ish. And were not back by 12:30pm, what really set the grandmother, the moms and aunt in worried or panic mode?

Why did Aunt T. immediately suggest searching the lake?

If Aunt T. stood around for 20 minutes---why wasn't she looking then?

Was it Aunt T or a mom that said one of the girls was late a few days before at a certain 'destination'? WHY did she use the word destination?

imo-Sorry I'm rambling.
imoo

I believe it was DM who used the word "destination"...but I may be mistaken. MOO

It looks straight out to the place the girls bikes were found. So I don't know what u mean?

I am not able to see the double fenced area right where the jetty is from the picture you posted. I believe you would have to turn slightly more to the left.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

LOL> anyway. This is a view of where the bikes were found from the kitchen in the house that is empty and for sale on the lake.

Are you "house hunting"? Please tell me you didn't do what I think you did? OMG! LOL

Are you "house hunting"? Please tell me you didn't do what I think you did? OMG! LOL

Just google houses for sale in Evansdale and you get a list with a map of where they are located. Once found you can go the the realtor who it's listed under and there are pictures of the inside.

Someone here mentioned a movie about a true story of an abduction. I think they said you could watch it on you tube? I can't remember the name of that movie, anyone?

For me..."smoke and mirror" appeared early in the disappearance, and I have felt that something wasn't right with the scenario from the very beginning...before biker/hiker, before Mr C, before camera, before paddleboat, before white van, before Caseys guy...and I still believe that!

:gthanks: for saying this.
I feel the same way too.
I don't want to say anything against TOS. :blushing:

A half hour or more for a 3 year old? I guess everyone is different. I would have called sooner ,not because of fear of a kidnapping but for more people to help find my child at a that age. A three year old girl just died in a river when she wondered off. Sorry if i sound judgemental but i guess it is true people react different to these type of situations. Glad everything worked out for you.

I know... and when I look back on it, I wonder why I didn't call them, but there were 4 grown men going 4 different directions and we could have enlisted neighbors if they had not found him soon. It would have taken the SD 30 minutes or so to get down here anyway, local police wouldn't respond since we live in the country. The horse patrol would have taken an hour to assemble and get here. So my husband just took off, jumped over the fence and started trotting in the direction of the pasture. He said later he knew the dog was with him, and there was no sign of the dog on the road. And my son would walk through woods and wade creeks before he would venture out on the road. My two older boys, both grown, came out and my FIL was on the tractor as well. I think his dad spotted him pretty quickly, but it took a few minutes to get to him. He was up against a tree and the dog was barking at the cows to keep them away. The sound of the dog barking also gave them an idea which direction to look.
While it was scary to me, they all knew what they were doing and to be honest, by the time the SD had got here, they would have had found him anyway. I know it sounds weird to some people, but back then most people didn't call 911 right away, unless it was in town and there was a chance of kidnapping and we knew that wasn't the case.
Thank you, though, for not being judgmental. It was just a choice that turned out to be the right one for us.

Someone here mentioned a movie about a true story of an abduction. I think they said you could watch it on you tube? I can't remember the name of that movie, anyone?

If it is the Megan is Missing movie, it is loosely based on information from 7 missing persons cases but is a fictional movie. It is not very good and the last part is very disturbing with a rape scene of a minor (14) and some gore. The "first person amateur video camera" footage is about like Blair Witch style. It is officially listed on IMDB as a Drama/Horror movie. It is about two girls being abducted by a guy they meet online (his webcam is "broken" but the older girl Megan, still wants to meet him). The implication of the movie is that all young teens are sexually active drug users with almost no supervision. I don't think it is relevant to the two girls disappearance. Just my opinion though. I kinda wanted my hour and a half back...:moo:
Of course you may be thinking of another movie but this is one someone talked about here.

One was Megan is Missing. FYI it got poor reviews after some of our WS'ers watched it. Lol. Someone also said The Tall Man was another. HTH

Could Tammy's witness who claimed to see the girls riding bikes at the lake at 2:30 be the guy they talked to from the white van at Casey's video?

Wow... yes! We both seem to be on the same thought plane here. I do believe this was planned, and the girls were lured away that day. I also believe those bikes and purse were staged. Just too many "little details" seem to head that way...

ITA about the little details part. One detail which stuck out for me is the glasses. Both girls wear glasses, Lyric quite frequently (there are several pics with her wearing them), but neither girl took their glasses that day. Both pairs were found at the house.

I never watched a movie of this type before, but I'm thinking it might let the viewer in on how a perp operates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member