IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things seem strange about this whole disappearance. The 58 minute gap is one, that lake is small, it took 58 minutes for folks on quads to find the bikes?? I would have thought, if worried family members had a small enough vehicle, would have driven around the lake as much as they could on that paved trail, with their emergency lights flashing and tooting their horn, to warn any joggers or bike riders on the trail, to get the girls' attention if they were at the lake. Or walking, jogging around the lake, calling the girls' names. The 'standing around, waiting' seems odd.
Some things just don't feel right about this whole situation. I was sorting books and saw my old Agatha Chrisie 'At Bertram's Hotel'. In it, Miss Marple is back in an old hotel that she had been to as a child. Now, in her old age, Miss Marple is back and it dawns on her that many things happening in the old hotel are like it is a story being staged. As if the audience (hotel guests) were being fed information to believe things are happening a certain way.

What was really going on behind the scenes was the hotel was being used as a front, a coverup, by a gang of thieves. The thieves were also playing roles at jobs at the hotel, but by creating too perfect of an atmosphere, it aroused Miss Marple's suspicions that all was not as it seemed.

Maybe that's why some of us are uncomfortable with certain things we are finding out about the girls' disappearance, like we are being led to believe one thing, but something tells us it didn't happen that way? Smoke and mirrors.....

I don't see some of the discrepencies that some here are seeing in the family's recountings of that day. But, it is really hard to imagine that they would not have found the bikes, unless their timing is off and they weren't there as long as they think they were. I also can't imagine Aunt T. who I see as a very "zippy" kind of person not charging around the lake until she found the bikes. She has said that the man told her the girls were traveling west, but she has also said that the man said they were heading east. I am not sure if this is a discrepency so much as it is a reflection of her personality which is... well... "zippy". But, if she was in fact told that the girls were traveling west, and not that they were traveling east, then she may have went the wrong way and so she didn't come across the bikes.

LOL> anyway. This is a view of where the bikes were found from the kitchen in the house that is empty and for sale on the lake.

I'm almost afraid to ask how you got that picture!!

Do you know if there is a basketball hoop right by the garage??

I'm almost afraid to ask how you got that picture!!

Do you know if there is a basketball hoop right by the garage??

The picture is from a realtor in Evansdale who has the house listedon his website with pictures. And I can't remember, Id have to check his site again to see if theres a hoop.

So you park your cars in a patch of grass at the end of a wooded area to look for the girls? Not in the parking lot? Why? Cuz...that's what everyone does, right?

:worms:

I really don't think they parked there at first. I could be wrong but I didn't hear it that way at all. I think they parked there after the bikes were found and also when LE had the dogs out. I really need to find that video that I posted on our last thread that gave some great shots of LE, the family and dogs in that area. I'm going to try to dig that up.

Just MOO, of course.

The picture is from a realtor in Evansdale who has the house listedon his website with pictures. And I can't remember, Id have to check his site again to see if theres a hoop.

Where were the bikes left in relation to that house. Across the lake or on the same side,nearby?

From inside the kitchen.

Attachments

• 202072_4.jpg
    202072_4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 48
You and I are wondering the same things.
If the girls left grandmothers at 11:30am ish. And were not back by 12:30pm, what really set the grandmother, the moms and aunt in worried or panic mode? The girls were expected to be back in one hour. They knew that they were supposed to check in by 12:30 because it was a regular family rule that they check in hourly. Plus, WC was expecting Lyric to be home in time for her to leave around 1:00.

Why did Aunt T. immediately suggest searching the lake? :waitasec:

If Aunt T. stood around for 20 minutes---why wasn't she looking then? Elizabeth's brother was looking. I think Aunt T. was looking too but possibly in the wrong direction.

Was it Aunt T or a mom that said one of the girls was late a few days before at a certain 'destination'? WHY did she use the word destination? That was an inteview with MCM and DM. I don't think Aunt T. said that but I can't remember if it was mom or dad.

imo-Sorry I'm rambling.
imoo

Just my two cents. It could be all wrong. LOL.

I never watched a movie of this type before, but I'm thinking it might let the viewer in on how a perp operates.

I think it was on my netflix but I am sure you can find it online. It does clue you in on the whole online predator posing as a kid.

Just google houses for sale in Evansdale and you get a list with a map of where they are located. Once found you can go the the realtor who it's listed under and there are pictures of the inside.

I did that but I never saw that picture.

Does anyone else notice we were really getting into discussing Tammy's statements and the witness she talked to that supposedly saw the girls riding at the lake - and then the conversation was veered in another direction. Almost like it was intentional. Hmmm. Maybe I am getting too suspicious.

OMG!! Was it me?!

If the guy that TB spoke with was right..then the question arises...what were the girls doing between 12:15 (19) and 2:30, when TB says he said he saw them riding West/East on the trail. My guess is that they were doing the same thing that Lyric and her other cousin were doing in Waterloo when Lyric was late coming home from her "destination" a couple of days before the disappearance. Someone they had become acquainted with recently...or was known to the family (including befriending Heather on FB) In that case, they could have been abducted on their way back from the lake or at the lake between 2:30 and 3:30 (when there is a report the bikes were first found..), which would at least partially explain why LE interviewed the guy in the van who was getting gas or whatever he was getting at 2:00. Now...there is a possibility that person has a Kevin Bacon connection. Just sayin'. I do not believe the guy interviewed is the abductor btw. MOO Probably far-fetched.

If the guy that TB spoke with was right..then the question arises...what were the girls doing between 12:15 (19) and 2:30, when TB says he said he saw them riding West/East on the trail. My guess is that they were doing the same thing that Lyric and her other cousin were doing in Waterloo when Lyric was late coming home from her "destination" a couple of days before the disappearance. Someone they had become acquainted with recently...or was known to the family (including befriending Heather on FB) In that case, they could have been abducted on their way back from the lake or at the lake between 2:30 and 3:30 (when there is a report the bikes were first found..), which would at least partially explain why LE interviewed the guy in the van who was getting gas or whatever he was getting at 2:00. Now...there is a possibility that person has a Kevin Bacon connection. Just sayin'. MOO Probably far-fetched.

What is a Kevin Bacon connection?

Nite gang!! Hopefully tomorrow brings new light to this horrible case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking