IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA about the little details part. One detail which stuck out for me is the glasses. Both girls wear glasses, Lyric quite frequently (there are several pics with her wearing them), but neither girl took their glasses that day. Both pairs were found at the house.

Where did you get the information that their glasses were left at home?

Does anyone else notice we were really getting into discussing Tammy's statements and the witness she talked to that supposedly saw the girls riding at the lake - and then the conversation was veered in another direction. Almost like it was intentional. Hmmm. Maybe I am getting too suspicious.

I think your reading into things.:moo:

Could Tammy's witness who claimed to see the girls riding bikes at the lake at 2:30 be the guy they talked to from the white van at Casey's video?

Tammy did not know the person at the lake as far as I can tell, but if it is, then there may be a Kevin Bacon effect.

Does anyone else notice we were really getting into discussing Tammy's statements and the witness she talked to that supposedly saw the girls riding at the lake - and then the conversation was veered in another direction. Almost like it was intentional. Hmmm. Maybe I am getting too suspicious.

I hope I didn't do it. I try to avoid talking about the family because it's too hard to avoid violating TOS. I just wish they'd name someone as a POI or suspect (anyone!) so we could actually go into scenarios in depth without worrying about saying the wrong thing.

Like a shiny object or like a darting mind?

If it was me...it was a darting mind...like brainstorming. MOO

Did the family start looking for the girls from the parking lot side or the back side to get into the place?

Tammy did not know the person at the lake as far as I can tell, but if it is, then there may be a Kevin Bacon effect.

Is there anything particular that makes you think Tammy doesn't know the person at the lake? tia

COOK-MORRISSEY:
"What she`s saying is at the end of the U that you were shown, the trail comes around here, the bikes were found here, You come to that end of it, this bridge is out into a wooded area and right here is a big patch of grass where you can pull your vehicles up on to and that`s where we parked our vehicles to get back on the trail and go back this way."

Dang, so who all knew about this patch of grass where you could pull your vehicle up and knew the girls went to that lake and knew they were going at that time to be waiting for them? Mainly, why would both girls be abducted?

BBM --

winterrose, this isn't just written to you but just general info. in regards to this statement AND quite nit-picky but I think she actually said "this bridges out into a wooded area".

Right before you get to that grassy area there is a little clearing where there are no trees and the grass is high. IMO that is where the dogs tracked to. I think they stopped at that little cleared patch. I posted a video awhile back and have also seen a couple more that I'll probably never be able to find again but LE and the family were right there during that first evening and night when they were searching for the girls. And, every way that I heard it described by the family indicated to me that is the spot where the dogs stopped.

I think the theory (I believe otto first brought this up) that they were taken along the shore line and into the wooded area by Maiden Lane sounds very possible but before reading that theory here I always thought the dogs tracked to that little spot further down the trail.

I think they could have been taken along the shore (and that does make the fact that the purse was there make more sense) but I still prefer the idea that they were taken a little further down east and to that little clearing. I think they may have been held there by one perp. while he waited on another perp. to drive a vehicle to right where the wooded area (that space that contains Maiden Lane) ends as you go from S. Evans to Arbutus and that it was there that the girls were put into the vehicle.

MOO.

Did the family start looking for the girls from the parking lot side or the back side to get into the place?

Interesting question. When did all the parking on the grassy "bridge" area go on? I always thought it was after the firefighter found the bikes...but I never thought more about it. Are you suggesting anything here...it makes me wonder whether TB spoke with the guy back by the trail or up by the parking lot. I always just assumed it was at the parking lot, and that they waited there until LE arrived. MOO

Is there anything particular that makes you think Tammy doesn't know the person at the lake? tia

My impression is that she said she jumped out of the car and randomly asked if anyone had seen the girls on bikes and a "guy" said...so, it wasn't something like John xxxx was there and said....

Interesting question. When did all the parking on the grassy "bridge" area go on? I always thought it was after the firefighter found the bikes...but I never thought more about it. Are you suggesting anything here...it makes me wonder whether TB spoke with the guy back by the trail or up by the parking lot. I always just assumed it was at the parking lot, and that they waited there until LE arrived. MOO

It's what I'm wondering, because it seems like Misty said that's where they first went, but someone said they went to the parking lot first. I was wondering why they'd go to that spot first before the parking lot. Tammy had just let everyone know on JVM or NG last week or the week before the girls were going to the lake, when Heather said they'd never been. So I'm wondering if someone told them something that made them go there to look and LE hasn't released it, or they've not been asked why by a reporter.

Has LE ever acknowledged any witnesses at the lake except the "runner"? Have they ever mentioned the man AuntT. says she spoke to? Everyone converged on the lake right away because of him, right? It is easy to think he might have been mistaken, or seen other kids or something, but then it seems incredibly coincidental that LE did indeed find the girls' bikes there.

There's a reason why LE is saying they believe the girls are still alive and Heather thinks it's someone on facebook they've come in contact with that would have them.

It's what I'm wondering, because it seems like Misty said that's where they first went, but someone said they went to the parking lot first. I was wondering why they'd go to that spot first before the parking lot. Tammy had just let everyone know on JVM or NG last week or the week before the girls were going to the lake, when Heather said they'd never been. So I'm wondering if someone told them something that made them go there to look and LE hasn't released it, or they've not been asked why by a reporter.

It might be helpful to go back and look at what Gracelin posted a couple pages back about TB and babysitting stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member