IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that seems to be important to me that I don't remember anybody saying too much about is the direction the girls were going. I know people have mentioned several times that TB has said both east and west, but I don't remember any comments on the significance of the direction.

If someone really saw them riding west on the trail from the parking lot/playground areas, then they would most likely have ended up where the bikes were found. If they were seen riding east of there, they would have been riding toward the boat dock (that was removed from the water when they were searching the lake.) I'm wondering if someone was seen launching a paddleboat from that dock early in the afternoon.

If they were seen riding east anywhere else on the path, I believe they would have to be on the south side of the lake, and I find it hard to believe that someone would notice them and remember what they and their bikes looked like since nobody would have been searching for them there yet.

One thing that seems to be important to me that I don't remember anybody saying too much about is the direction the girls were going. I know people have mentioned several times that TB has said both east and west, but I don't remember any comments on the significance of the direction.

If someone really saw them riding west on the trail from the parking lot/playground areas, then they would most likely have ended up where the bikes were found. If they were seen riding east of there, they would have been riding toward the boat dock (that was removed from the water when they were searching the lake.) I'm wondering if someone was seen launching a paddleboat from that dock early in the afternoon.

If they were seen riding east anywhere else on the path, I believe they would have to be on the south side of the lake, and I find it hard to believe that someone would notice them and remember what they and their bikes looked like since nobody would have been searching for them there yet.

There is still a suggestion the bikes were staged.

Until we have clarity on that, I can't read a thing into the bikes and purse, myself.

:moo:

Can anyone tell me another theory on how T.B. felt they were at the lake?
This is my own..moo

Is it possible she found out about the lake second hand?
T.B.is the babysitter for her own grand daughter,while her older step daughter works.
T.B. needed to go out with her mom at 1:30-2 pm.
T.B.could have also maybe needed a babysitter for her grand child..
T.B. has a minor child who is old enough to babysit for an hour or so..
What if that minor had plans to meet her cousin at the lake.
T.B. put a stop to that so she could babysit.
Maybe they had a plan to meet with unnamed/unknown person.
Maybe, maybe, maybe, that's how T.B. knew to go to the lake..
MOOO Mooo Moo.. I am going to retire to the basement now..

That maybe they (that daughter and Lyric) met someone at the park in Waterloo the day they were late...TB got wind of it, kiboshed it..or at least thought she would..and when the girls went missing, the lightbulb went on...as in Holy Shiner. Maybe they thought they were going to go paddleboating at the lake...instead...kablambo. MOO

I am being snarky. TB using the term "on scene" makes me feel like someone who is assimilating LE terminology and someone who likes to fit in and get attention. Not saying she has anything to do with this - she just bugs me.

Or it sounds like someone who follows cases here on WS. :giggle:

Truth from the mouth of babes...maybe that is where the info about looking for someone with a paddleboat came from. I've believed all along that the late incident and the lake incident are linked. The same person, and TB's daughter knows who it is. MOO

COOK-MORRISSEY:
"What she`s saying is at the end of the U that you were shown, the trail comes around here, the bikes were found here, You come to that end of it, this bridge is out into a wooded area and right here is a big patch of grass where you can pull your vehicles up on to and that`s where we parked our vehicles to get back on the trail and go back this way."

Dang, so who all knew about this patch of grass where you could pull your vehicle up and knew the girls went to that lake and knew they were going at that time to be waiting for them? Mainly, why would both girls be abducted?

I have a hard time with the paddle boat or any boat theory..If you think you are going to "kidnap" a girl or two do you really want to make fun in the center of a lake??
Why not just get them into a car as quickly as possible and be gone within minutes.

It is also possible that the minor cousin never meet this person either..I don't think she is hiding anything..

Hoping they are heading down some highway, thinking they are on the way to a big surprise birthday trip to Disneyland..Or es consed and brainwashed by a powerful charmer living in a mansion with a swimming pool and high walls,or even in the back of an RV driven by a misguided childless couple or religous zealots- held captive, but warm and fed. Could they be having travelling adventures with a family of hobos?
A sex trafficker may still be grooming them with gifts and lies..
Thinking these girls are worth more alive, but hoping dogs were brought around the trailers seen in cctv video and around other shops that may be appealing to a couple of girls. Anyone working on roofs, trees,hydro lines?

(This post is delayed because I posted it in the wrong thread - doh!)

I am assuming Tammy and Grandma pulled into the parking lot at Meyers Lake and she encountered the man around that area who claimed to see the girls riding west.

What would the girls be doing riding their bikes west (see map) at 2:30 in the afternoon knowing they have been gone since 12:15 (for 2 hours and 15 mins) when Lyric was supposed to leave with Grandma at 1:30?

west around lake.jpg

...at the lake at 2:45, LE "swarmed the lake" @ 3, and the bikes weren't found until 3:58??? HMMM...what's wrong with this story????????????????

I guess if someone told me they had seen my daughter, niece, or grandchild 15 minutes before I got there, I would have been RUNNING EVERYWHERE AROUND THE LAKE to try and find her. Oh wait, maybe they did that, just "overlooked" the bikes!

IMO...the family has consistently changed their stories and provided conflicting details, while everything and everyone else has been scrutinized and untruthful, including clocks, cameras, cell-phones, reputable people of the community, good citizens, etc. Perhaps more focus and scrutiny should be targeted towards those most obviously impacted by the truth.

I think the EARLY family information is more reliable, yet more conflicting because information wasn't based on collaboration with other family members, evidence, witnesses, etc.

Some things seem strange about this whole disappearance. The 58 minute gap is one, that lake is small, it took 58 minutes for folks on quads to find the bikes?? I would have thought, if worried family members had a small enough vehicle, would have driven around the lake as much as they could on that paved trail, with their emergency lights flashing and tooting their horn, to warn any joggers or bike riders on the trail, to get the girls' attention if they were at the lake. Or walking, jogging around the lake, calling the girls' names. The 'standing around, waiting' seems odd.

Some things just don't feel right about this whole situation. I was sorting books and saw my old Agatha Chrisie 'At Bertram's Hotel'. In it, Miss Marple is back in an old hotel that she had been to as a child. Now, in her old age, Miss Marple is back and it dawns on her that many things happening in the old hotel are like it is a story being staged. As if the audience (hotel guests) were being fed information to believe things are happening a certain way.

What was really going on behind the scenes was the hotel was being used as a front, a coverup, by a gang of thieves. The thieves were also playing roles at jobs at the hotel, but by creating too perfect of an atmosphere, it aroused Miss Marple's suspicions that all was not as it seemed.

Maybe that's why some of us are uncomfortable with certain things we are finding out about the girls' disappearance, like we are being led to believe one thing, but something tells us it didn't happen that way? Smoke and mirrors.....

Places like that big patch of grass where you can pull your vehicles and park would be known by people who used areas like that to do drugs or drug deals and not be seen.

Hoping they are heading down some highway, thinking they are on the way to a big surprise birthday trip to Disneyland..Or es consed and brainwashed by a powerful charmer living in a mansion with a swimming pool and high walls,or even in the back of an RV driven by a misguided childless couple or religous zealots- held captive, but warm and fed. Could they be having travelling adventures with a family of hobos?
A sex trafficker may still be grooming them with gifts and lies..
Thinking these girls are worth more alive, but hoping dogs were brought around the trailers seen in cctv video and around other shops that may be appealing to a couple of girls. Anyone working on roofs, trees,hydro lines?

I hope they bit into an apple and fell asleep and are being cared for be a band of mining dwarfs. I guess anything would be better than what probably happened. I keep trying to think good thoughts too, but after this much time, that ability is becoming increasingly difficult. I hope one of your scenarios is correct.

COOK-MORRISSEY:
"What she`s saying is at the end of the U that you were shown, the trail comes around here, the bikes were found here, You come to that end of it, this bridge is out into a wooded area and right here is a big patch of grass where you can pull your vehicles up on to and that`s where we parked our vehicles to get back on the trail and go back this way."

Dang, so who all knew about this patch of grass where you could pull your vehicle up and knew the girls went to that lake and knew they were going at that time to be waiting for them? Mainly, why would both girls be abducted?

My brain doesn't seem to be working. Just where is this 'bridge' and 'patch of grass'? TIA

Or it sounds like someone who follows cases here on WS. :giggle:

Perhaps, but who actually talks that way "on scene" in real life versus "at the park" or even "at the scene", but "on scene". gag me

Could some tell me how to post a picture? Please.

Attachments

• sandy081003.jpg
    sandy081003.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 88
Could some tell me how to post a picture? Please.

From inside the W's kitchen??? :eek:

ETA: You would need to look further left I think. Almost totally left if you were standing on that dock.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members