IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To subconsciously establish the facade of something you do regularly and instill a vision in LE's collective mindset of you in the clothing and accessories you claimed to have been in a couple days earlier. When this person is spoken of in future conversations, the only image they have of him is in biking gear just as he was when he innocently "witnessed" something.

Mm hm... my confusion was merely an attempt to avoid an electric chair episode. :shush:

Because there is no POI or they don't want the POI to know that he/she is a POI or they don't want people sleuthing the POI and posting what they find on the net for others, including the POI, to read.

Hummm, the girls have been missing 5 weeks .
If LE has a poi....
What's LE waiting on?

If LE has no poi, the case is cold. IMO

The trail may not go around the entire lake, but what if our mystery runner lives in the area where if they go one direction they can make it to the trail via local road and then they can loop around it and end up back at their house

I also keep wondering if that private property is fenced or not, and if not, maybe it's commonly used even though it's not officially part of the trail.

To subconsciously establish the facade of something you do regularly and instill a vision in LE's collective mindset of you in the clothing and accessories you claimed to have been in a couple days earlier. When this person is spoken of in future conversations, the only image they have of him is in biking gear just as he was when he innocently "witnessed" something.

Bingo! You took the words right out of my mouth!

I may be stubborn, but I still think the bikes may have been seen by the cyclist BEFORE the girls rode back to the pking lot and were seen on the cctv.

I think they might have been at the lake at 11:45 until 12;10ish, talking to the perp. Then they were told to come right back and they could ride the
horse, boat, ATV, or pet the puppies, or whatever.

That's really going to depend on what else is on that cctv tape before the section we got to see. I suspect it shows the girls going by every few minutes. LE has not come forward and asked if anybody saw the girls between 11:30 and 12:19. I suspect that's because they know what they were doing.

MOO

Ok, we're back to ABOUT 12.20.

I still can't see how he could be mistaken re seeing the bikes.

I don't know about the "ABOUT 12:20" comment - to my knowledge, TG has always stated he saw the bikes around 12:20. He determined that time by pinpointing the time he called his daughter, then working backwards. If you have seen anything to indicate that he has changed from that approx. 12:20 time, please provide a link because I sure missed it. Thanks!

ETA: I'm not saying whether or not I believe anyone's story 100% - the above is just what was reported in MSM.

Because there is no POI or they don't want the POI to know that he/she is a POI or they don't want people sleuthing the POI and posting what they find on the net for others, including the POI, to read.

Wow! You sleuthers are changing my mindset about this "witness." Also, is this the same "witness" thought to be involved with horses?/I]

TIA. . . .Keep up the good work!

MOO.

Hummm, the girls have been missing 5 weeks .
If LE has a poi....
What's LE waiting on?

If LE has no poi, the case is cold. IMO

Maybe they are attempting to gather more evidence on a POI and don't want to alert the POI that he or she is a POI.

I don't think you read my earlier post. He probally became friends with them and they trusted him. Easy to get close then.

It isn't necessary to be friendly with a bicyclist to get close to them in a 10 foot wide area.

Lots of childhood experience taught me that in a narrow path, even a 60 pound kid can pull a 100 pound kid off a moving bicycle by grabbing an arm, shirt or hair and giving a sharp pull sideways. The bicyclist comes off the bicycle every time.

The trail in Evansdale is only ten feet wide between the two fences. If a pedestrian were walking on the trail about 2 feet from one fence, that would leave an eight foot gap. A normal bicyclist would aim for the middle of that gap, not wanting to get too close to the fence or the pedestrian. That would leave 4 feet between the pedestrian and bicyclist. Actually less than 4 feet because the bicyclist takes up some width as well.

Four feet is within lunging distance for normal adults. From watching literally thousands of students struggling with their dogs, I've learned that the normal adult can lunge about six feet in less than a second (and the dogs know this!).

Lunge, grab an arm, grab a fistful of T-shirt or grab a fistful of hair and give a sharp pull sideways. The results would be one girl off her bicycle and firmly under the pedestrian's control.

If he pulled out a weapon such as a knife or box cutter, there's a good chance the other girl would stop as well.

As elmomom posted recently, her real life experience when she was 3 years older than Lyric was to stop riding her bicycle and freeze when a man showed her a knife. He didn't even have to grab her! And her reaction was completely normal.

If one of the girls had screamed, fought back or gotten away, the odds are that the pedestrian perpetrator would have fled the scene and it would have been regarded as another abduction attempt foiled or possibly an older kid playing an unfunny prank on two younger children (depends on the appearance of the perp).

People on bicycles feel relatively safe because their speed is so much greater than a pedestrian. It takes a champion runner to outrun a recreational bicyclist on a bicycle. But most bicyclists don't seem to realise how vulnerable they are to the laws of physics applied by someone with bad intentions (young kids who want to bug the heck out of you or adults with criminal intent).

I invite anyone with a bicycle and a lot of nerve to try this out, say on a sidewalk bordered with grass for a softer landing. Wear a helmet, maybe elbow and knee pads, just in case (kids bounce, adults break).

And dog owners, if you lunge at your dogs, stop it. Your dog knows darn well how far and fast you can reach, so if they want to get away, they will. You're likely to hurt yourself with that lunging and it does no good. Don't make me come and pin you with my eagle eye to get compliance! <LOL>

Hi holly, I'd love to know that too. Calling makes much more sense.

IIRC, and can't remember where, it seems he did supposedly attempt to call the tip line earlier? I've gone through such... for many, it can be a confusing and assumed pile of "why bother?" Such would also be on record, I would think, even if the call ended prematurely.
Just expressing an opinion here, no proof any such thing applies to this individual.

Didn't someone post an excellent map about how the bike trail/nature trail was 57 miles long or something...I can't find it. Was it Hollyblue? I just want to look at it again.

Ok, we're back to ABOUT 12.20.

I still can't see how he could be mistaken re seeing the bikes.

There is the possibility that the bikes he saw weren't the girls'. Especially if they were staged. We don't know how many kids live in the lake area who may have been out on their bikes in the am and thenwent home for lunch. If there were other kids out earlier in the day, I doubt parents would want to broadcast that info to the public and potentially the perp(s).

:offtobed:

Lots of people google themselves. Lots of folks being mentioned on WS, even indirectly, can read here and figure out things we say. A word to all those people, the time to keep your social media set to private is: always! Because if you wait until the public starts to know who you are, you have waited too long.

Nite all!

Hi holly, I'd love to know that too. Calling makes much more sense.

While I agree because calling makes more sense in most places I've lived, I've seen "going to the police station" referenced several times related to this case - Heather going to report the girls missing, Mr. G. to report seeing the bikes, and I could swear there was one more but I can't find it. It sounds like it may be more common to go in person instead of calling in E'dale than it is where I live.

Where do all the old furnaces and air conditioning units go when new ones are installed? Is there a recyling program or is there a special landfill site for these items? :moo:

There is the possibility that the bikes he saw weren't the girls'. Especially if they were staged. We don't know how many kids live in the lake area who may have been out on their bikes in the am and thenwent home for lunch. If there were other kids out earlier in the day, I doubt parents would want to broadcast that info to the public and potentially the perp(s).

True, but Mr P (owner of cctv) said they were the only cyclists on tape that day.

Staging of the bikes also leans against a random, IMO.

Why would a random care where the bikes were found?

It's HOT! Not as hot as last week but not nearly as cool as the first week of June, either. The humidity is horrible. I'm sure the power company is very happy.

Tell me about it! I just got a $826 electric bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member