IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adair88, did you see anyone in the campground who's clothing was extremely filthy other than from working construction. I'm talking about muddy or torn.

Hmmm.... it is hard to say.... knowing the people who stay around there, it would not be uncommon for people to be dirty, and not necessarily due to working construction lol. I was on the look-out for the girls because I knew they were missing when I came to the campground. I didn't see anything abnormal. And I have no idea who the CL creeper could be, since many creepy single men stay there for the season! It was unbelievably hot that week and weekend, so I usually stay in the camper. There was also a burn ban, so not very many people were outside their campers and there were no campfires. My son played at the playground briefly on the night of the 13th, and I kept my eyes on him from inside the camper. There were two little girls (noticeably not matching the description of Lyric or Elizabeth) on the playground at one point and one little boy at another point. Otherwise, I wasn't paying too much attention to the people there, or at least, no one was walking around the park with a sign that said he or they had just stolen two girls.

BBM

Lets say MSM changed the story cause I don't like the other choices. Ninty percent of the quotes I look for are gone from the updated articles.

That's true, I have the same problem. Regarding placement of the bikes, I know I have Googled, located and posted a link to an article about that at least three or four times, but can't find it for the life of me.

Re-found it again. BBM
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

KERA MASHEK, REPORTER, KWWL: We have been told that the bikes were laying very neatly, just like any child that might get off their bike and go for a walk. They were just sitting right there along the lake side like any other ordinary day, nothing really awry with that. And the purse was also just kind of sat down -- not like it was thrown around or that they would, you know, been involved in a struggle of any kind.

I know it's up for debate if this is accurate or not, but it's what MSM reported.

Can anyone tell me what the distance is between Myers lake and DeerWood Campground?

TYiA

Adair88, was the campers in the tent next to you who caused the disturbance around midnight already there by the time you and your bf got there with your camper and if so did you notice their bikes at the time you arrived? TYIA I really appreciate your input.

Adair88, did your bf see what kind or color of bikes these characters parked next to you were tearing apart? Now that could be interesting to know.

I just asked him, he said he wasn't sure but thought they were blue and silver maybe. He said he could just see they were tearing the bikes apart. We can't remember if we saw bikes at their tents after that. Again, we mentioned it to LE but didn't think it was anything having to do with the disappearance. Tweakers are always doing nonsense stuff like that from my knowledge. My bf said a man and a woman in a minivan showed up to the tents the next morning on the 14th (when I was gone) and they tried talking to him and get our baby to walk towards them. I think I also saw the four of them eating dinner at the picnic table the evening of the 14th. Sunday the 15th, I noticed they had a laundry basket full of folded clothes sitting outside their tents. I believe they had been staying there a long time.

For those who've been following along for awhile sorry for the repeat info, but I'm still not sure on this either. I really do think someone riding a bike quickly on a fairly narrow trail could think of bikes leaning against a fence as being across the path. IIRC one of the earlier quotes that I'll try to find again said they were "neatly placed," as well as Elizabeth's purse being set down, indicating that there hadn't been any type of struggle. I could swear in one of the very first reports the bikes weren't right together on the path, but I have yet to find that again - story disappeared/changed, lack of Google skills, or bad memory - I'm not sure which!

I think that several published articles have either completely vanished, or been modified, since July 13. I'm usually pretty good at logging a couple of facts in memory, but when I've gone back to search for links a couple of weeks later, I'm unable to find the information. It's also possible that I'm hallucinating, but I don't do that all the time.

Re-found it again. BBM
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

KERA MASHEK, REPORTER, KWWL: We have been told that the bikes were laying very neatly, just like any child that might get off their bike and go for a walk. They were just sitting right there along the lake side like any other ordinary day, nothing really awry with that. And the purse was also just kind of sat down -- not like it was thrown around or that they would, you know, been involved in a struggle of any kind.

I know it's up for debate if this is accurate or not, but it's what MSM reported.

Thanks for finding that, I remember reading this but couldn't find a link to it.

Now, let me stir up the pot by asking what "just sitting right there" means. Does it mean just sitting right there against the fence, or just sitting right there on their kickstands?

By the way, I think this is a little different from how Abben worded it. I'll look for the link, but IIRC he said the bikes were leaning against the fence. I could be wrong, so let me find the link.

I just asked him, he said he wasn't sure but thought they were blue and silver maybe. He said he could just see they were tearing the bikes apart. We can't remember if we saw bikes at their tents after that. Again, we mentioned it to LE but didn't think it was anything having to do with the disappearance. Tweakers are always doing nonsense stuff like that from my knowledge. My bf said a man and a woman in a minivan showed up to the tents the next morning on the 14th (when I was gone) and they tried talking to him and get our baby to walk towards them. I think I also saw the four of them eating dinner at the picnic table the evening of the 14th. Sunday the 15th, I noticed they had a laundry basket full of folded clothes sitting outside their tents. I believe they had been staying there a long time.

What does he mean by "tearing up"

1.Dismantling them piece by piece into small pieces?

2. Roughing up the finish and replacing tires and chain?

Laundry!!!! :eek:

I think that several published articles have either completely vanished, or been modified, since July 13. I'm usually pretty good at logging a couple of facts in memory, but when I've gone back to search for links a couple of weeks later, I'm unable to find the information. It's also possible that I'm hallucinating, but I don't do that all the time.

It really is frustrating. And I don't think you're hallucinating, because that would mean that I'm hallucinating too, and I refuse to admit that!!

Adair88, was the campers in the tent next to you who caused the disturbance around midnight already there by the time you and your bf got there with your camper and if so did you notice their bikes at the time you arrived? TYIA I really appreciate your input.

There were two tents set up right next to each other. I did not see anyone outside their tents (or three other campers/RVs by us) when we arrived. I didn't see bikes but I wasn't really looking either. I know there were no vehicles there until the minivan showed up with a man and a woman the next morning. No one was at the tents (from what I could tell) until midnight, when those two men showed up making a ton of noise. They were around mid-20's, but I just took one glimpse outside before rolling my eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

a lot of the media outlets do updates and the prior info poofs.. I have noticed this a lot as well..not just on this case.

that being said, it is possible to look for the info you are searching for by looking thru the 17 threads on the case. It is very possible that when links were posted the info was quoted and snipped.

Can anyone tell me what the distance is between Myers lake and DeerBrook Campground?

TYiA

Do you mean Deerwood Park? I saw somewhere someone had said they googled it and it was about 1.5 miles. It seems a lot closer than that, but maybe it is 1.5 miles. It is a straight shot (across the busy River Forest Road) from Deerwood to Lake Meyers.

a lot of the media outlets do updates and the prior info poofs.. I have noticed this a lot as well..not just on this case.

that being said, it is possible to look for the info you are searching for by looking thru the 17 threads on the case. It is very possible that when links were posted the info was quoted and snipped.

Thanks. Just seems the snipped part is never what I'm looking for. :maddening:

What does he mean by "tearing up"

1.Dismantling them piece by piece into small pieces?

2. Roughing up the finish and replacing tires and chain?

Laundry!!!! :eek:

My bf is a mechanic, and when I was woken up by these guys, I asked what was going on. He said they were tearing apart bikes. I thought he meant motorcycles, so I got up and looked. When I realized it was just bicycles, I went back to bed. He said they appeared to be dismantling them, and they had a large spotlight on their picnic table to assist them. They were sitting at the table doing this, while talking loudly and joking around. Maybe they were unaware our bedroom window was right above them. They didn't seem to be acting sneaky or trying to hide their actions I guess. It's fairly obvious to someone when a person is high on meth, and he said he was sure that they were.

Do you mean Deerwood Park? I saw somewhere someone had said they googled it and it was about 1.5 miles. It seems a lot closer than that, but maybe it is 1.5 miles. It is a straight shot (across the busy River Forest Road) from Deerwood to Lake Meyers.

Yes.... Sorry :ashamed: .... DeerWood.....

My bf is a mechanic, and when I was woken up by these guys, I asked what was going on. He said they were tearing apart bikes. I thought he meant motorcycles, so I got up and looked. When I realized it was just bicycles, I went back to bed. He said they appeared to be dismantling them, and they had a large spotlight on their picnic table to assist them. They were sitting at the table doing this, while talking loudly and joking around. Maybe they were unaware our bedroom window was right above them. They didn't seem to be acting sneaky or trying to hide their actions I guess. It's fairly obvious to someone when a person is high on meth, and he said he was sure that they were.

It's very common around here for newer bikes to be stolen, dismantled and sold for parts. It's also possible that those bikes had been on the bike trail and they were afraid that TG might identify them.

Thank you again!!! You are awesome!!:rocker:

I thought Meth Heads were lazy.... :giggle:

It's very common around here for newer bikes to be stolen, dismantled and sold for parts. It's also possible that those bikes had been on the bike trail and they were afraid that TG might identify them.

That is exactly what I was getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member