IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But....But....Nursie... What happens when we are naughty and the post get deleted and the numbers change. than the post number is messed up and it messes up the tag number...

:lol:

well, I suppose that is the case when you guys take a turn for the naughty...

you have been so good lately I don't think it will be a problem now? :please:

:nurse:

Originally Posted by tlcox
so funny you guys are discussing tags and locating things. I was actually thinking about this as I fell asleep. We have all these great tools such as timelines and maps, and patti does her youtube archives, all of which are huge resources.

It occurred to me as I was dosing off last night that the next case I had real time to devote to, I want to create a resource containing only direct quotes by players and investigators in that case. I want it separated by person so that somehow, I could go directly to that person's spot and find every single direct quote ever uttered in relating to that case.

I haven't worked out the hows or the whens, but I really do think such a thing could be a huge resource and help many of us avoid pulling our hair out trying to repeatedly find quotes and statements we know we linked two weeks ago.

tlcox..................
That is an excellent idea.
Who can make ..the ideas in the post above become a reality ...I know I cannot.....but maybe someone can...............

I didn't suggest they were "just" anything. I just said what was said in the article about that interaction. No one under these circumstances would assume they were "hanging out". Just sayin'. MOO
I totally apologize. I thought you were backing up your assumption that "it was not an "official" reporting of the incident" with the reporter's words that "they were reportedly off duty."

Sunlight said:
It was not an "official" reporting of the incident..in fact, they were reportedly off duty..according to the reporter. MOO

It may just be one of those regional wording differences because I thought it meant that you didn't think they were in fact investigating the scene at the time the conversation took place.

so funny you guys are discussing tags and locating things. I was actually thinking about this as I fell asleep. We have all these great tools such as timelines and maps, and patti does her youtube archives, all of which are huge resources.

It occurred to me as I was dosing off last night that the next case I had real time to devote to, I want to create a resource containing only direct quotes by players and investigators in that case. I want it separated by person so that somehow, I could go directly to that person's spot and find every single direct quote ever uttered in relation to that case.

I haven't worked out the hows or the whens, but I really do think such a thing could be a huge resource and help many of us avoid pulling our hair out trying to repeatedly find quotes and statements we know we linked two weeks ago.
this would be an excellent place to compile something along these lines

IA IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8,&Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

this is the media/timeline/maps thread that is no discussion. If anyone wants to start putting it together I would be more than happy to help edit it all into one post per topic.

excellent idea and gives us something to do in this lull in the investigation

It occurred to me as I was dosing off last night that the next case I had real time to devote to, I want to create a resource containing only direct quotes by players and investigators in that case. I want it separated by person so that somehow, I could go directly to that person's spot and find every single direct quote ever uttered in relation to that case.

Thank you for think of this I think it is a WONDERFUL idea!!!!!!!:woohoo:

I would love to read that to help rule people in or out in my thinking about the
case. It would save soo much time!

...............:gthanks:

I'm not going to be able to keep up with the conversation for a few days. We have a hurricane in the Gulf (I'm on the coast) and my beloved dad was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer yesterday morning. He's on a ventilator and they can't get him off of it because he's so sick right now. Not trying to add to the drama, but I don't want to just disappear for awhile and anyone to think I've given up on these precious girls. They are in my constant prayers. I would give anything in the world if today would be the day that they come home. I hope to check back in soon and read the blessed news that they are home safe and sound.

stay safe MotherOcean and I am so sorry to hear about your Dad :-(

My prayers are with you!

I'm not going to be able to keep up with the conversation for a few days. We have a hurricane in the Gulf (I'm on the coast) and my beloved dad was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer yesterday morning. He's on a ventilator and they can't get him off of it because he's so sick right now. Not trying to add to the drama, but I don't want to just disappear for awhile and anyone to think I've given up on these precious girls. They are in my constant prayers. I would give anything in the world if today would be the day that they come home. I hope to check back in soon and read the blessed news that they are home safe and sound.

Will be praying for you and your family!!! God Bless and see you soon!!!

truman, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page... it is right by bookmarks.. you click on edit tags and you can add tags to the box. If you want to highlight a post number.

example: say I want to put "map" in the tags... than you would put: map#3 (or whatever post number you are referring to) (you can put the post number for easy reference or you can just add the word)

Oh hell-fire...:)

That's good to know, I never noticed it...not that I've had many 'insightful' contributions...but I'm trying.....never got into any of this until the Luka thing...had no idea sites like this existed...so helpful....thanks to those who 'run' this site :)

I found this online and thought it might be helpful to those who wonder what LE and other agencies do in the background.

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/NC88.pdf

Thank you for posting this!

Once I'd read it, it occurred to me that any "organised" perp could well use it too....if, say, they wanted to make a family abduction APPEAR random. It is practically a step by step instruction manual.

:banghead:

I'll miss your contributions while you're gone. So sorry about your dad, I hope all works out well and that we'll hear from you again soon. My prayers are with you and your family.

If it helps any, Abben talked about the bikes leaning against the fence in the press conference on July 18, I think.

I remember it was at about the 8 minute mark into the video. I'm looking for it, learning about tagging too.

There’s a chain link fence on both sides of the trail in the southeast corner of the lake. The bikes were sitting off the side of the trail between the fences, but the purse was on the lake-side of the inside fence.
“We’ve checked the lake. (Firefighters are) confident no one is in there,” Abben said.

“For a lack of a better word, it’s just like they vanished. There’s just nothing,” Abben said.
Police collected DNA samples from belongings of the girls if needed.

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/o...cle_1ea3f86e-cea7-11e1-9586-001a4bcf887a.html

This would fit in with staging, as the purse was apparently "set down" neatly, towards the lake, where the sniffer dogs were confirmed to go.

Abben seemed to believe the scene was staged, at least in my opinion.

My wild theory that the perp may have gone so far as to drag clothing/other items belonging to the girls around the scene to confuse the dogs may not be so wild after all in view of this detail.

If true, it all adds into the organisation and planning of the crime, which does not indicate a random (at least in my mind), but someone who knew the girls and knew they would be at that lake that day at that time and had already planned to abduct Lizzie and Lyric specifically.

:cow:

There is an area near my neighborhood that is fairly remote-set back in the woods, not obvious from the normal walking paths, and I have never seen anyone else walking on it. I figure it is some trail that has partially overgrown because it isn't used anymore especially because there are no houses close to it. It can be a bit creepy. I walk my dog there when I want some privacy and quiet. Anyway, this morning around 10am I came across two bikes laying somewhat haphazardly on the trail. One was a little girl bike and one was a bit bigger. It seriously creeped me out because A. it reminded me of this case, obviously but also 2. I can no longer see a random bike or two laying out and think it is nothing. Websleuths has "ruined" me.
I told my landlord and our neighborhood security guard and they were both like, uh? So? You saw a bike? What?

Thinking of Lyric and Elizabeth and praying LE is closing in on an answer as we speak.

thanks nursebeeme, I am still a bit hesitant to put the post numbers on there as you (mods) have had to spend so much time cleaning up threads, which then alters the post numbering, as pointed out by CN2Souls earlier.

I think I will stick with my specific/vague tightrope for now, but we all have to find our own searchable means for tagging, lol

truman, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page... it is right by bookmarks.. you click on edit tags and you can add tags to the box. If you want to highlight a post number.

example: say I want to put "map" in the tags... than you would put: map#3 (or whatever post number you are referring to) (you can put the post number for easy reference or you can just add the word)

:tyou: Nursebeeme! If it had been a snake it would have bitten me. I see it now!

Even if we get super naughty in here, having the original post number would at least give you a +/- of at the most...10 posts?? LOL I would hope anyway. I have my settings to show 500 posts per page so it would be really helpful to narrow down the general vicinity for me.

Thanks!

:tyou: Nursebeeme! If it had been a snake it would have bitten me. I see it now!

trust me, that snake bit me too a while ago!

Tags are invaluable.. even if you just put the general info that is contained in a new thread (re: just putting the words for example: presser(with date), etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KLD2245