IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the girls (having been in and out for drinks earlier, per WC) did have to use the restroom while on Gilbert Dr? They stopped at the one at Exchange Park, went inside, and the perp followed them inside? Cornered inside of a small building, which might also mute an initial yell or scream, even. If the perp were also parked right there, it could be mere seconds to force them out, maybe using one as a threat for cooperation of the other, load them, secure them. The bikes are outside, and leaving them might attract attention too soon, so they are also taken, then dropped off at the far more remote area. This could also explain why LE is looking for witnesses around Arbutus Ave. A vehicle parked around there for a short period of time?
Abducting two children in broad daylight is pretty bold, to say the least, but a relatively remote restroom... in and out in short order, I would imagine. Just an idea... again. <sigh>

What if the girls (having been in and out for drinks earlier, per WC) did have to use the restroom while on Gilbert Dr? They stopped at the one at Exchange Park, went inside, and the perp followed them inside? Cornered inside of a small building, which might also mute an initial yell or scream, even. If the perp were also parked right there, it could be mere seconds to force them out, maybe using one as a threat for cooperation of the other, load them, secure them. The bikes are outside, and leaving them might attract attention too soon, so they are also taken, then dropped off at the far more remote area. This could also explain why LE is looking for witnesses around Arbutus Ave. A vehicle parked around there for a short period of time?
Abducting two children in broad daylight is pretty bold, to say the least, but a relatively remote restroom... in and out in short order, I would imagine. Just an idea... again. <sigh>

BBM

Just wanted to say that the girls poured two glasses of juice and left them on the counter, but they did not come back in that day to drink the juice IIRC.

That doesn't detract any from your theory, by the way. The girls may still have needed a drink or a bathroom break.

Please think about lighting a candle today or tomorrow while asking for Elizabeth and Lyric to come into the Light so we can find them. Ask your friends to light one too!

Bring Elizabeth and Lyric into the Light. Bring Elizabeth and Lyric into the Light. Bring Elizabeth and Lyric into the Light. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Blessings to all.
Moonflowers

BBM

Just wanted to say that the girls poured two glasses of juice and left them on the counter, but they did not come back in that day to drink the juice IIRC.

That doesn't detract any from your theory, by the way. The girls may still have needed a drink or a bathroom break.

Wondering if the kids really did enjoy v8, or if they poured it, said" thanks G ma, yummy will drink that in a few minutes" then zipped out for soda or big slurpy?...

O/T but related to meth use and what it can lead to:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/article_7824519d-4d14-5013-981f-dbb2caf9d5ee.html

Snip:

As the search for two missing cousins drags on in Evansdale, Linda Christie can't help but think about what happened to her granddaughter seven years ago.

"The parallels are running just too close," said Christie, of Waterloo.

Christie's son is the father of Evelyn Miller, the 5-year-old who disappeared from a Floyd apartment July 1, 2005. She was found dead in the Cedar River days later, and the slaying remains unsolved to this day.

Snip:

Evelyn's mother's live-in boyfriend, Casey Frederiksen, was later convicted of swiping cold medicine from the Wal-Mart where he worked and passing it to methamphetamine manufacturers near Woden.

"I think somebody killed her to shut her up," Christie said of her granddaughter's unsolved murder. "She had been kidnapped, murdered and thrown in the river like a piece of trash."

I am not saying the family is involved in the abduction of Lyric and Elizabeth. There seems to be a lot of meth in the Waterloo/Evansdale area, and apparently meth causes people to do crazy things. JMO.

ETA: Here is Evelyn's WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25620&highlight=evelyn+miller

It looks like the last post was 7/6/11, so it looks like people have moved on because there hasn't been anything new. I pray this doesn't happen to Lyric and Elizabeth.

I'm not familiar with this case, but in 2006 the BF was sentenced to up to 14 years in prison on three counts of possession and receiving child *advertiser censored*. In 2009, he was sentenced to 10 years on the meth charges. If Evelyn was killed to keep her quiet, it seems like it might be related more to something along the lines of child *advertiser censored* than the meth charges since the BF was sentenced on the child *advertiser censored* charges about a year after her murder and his meth sentence was not for another four years.

I find it interesting that the Elizabeth and Lyric disappeared only ten days after the article about this little girl was printed in the WCF Courier and 7 yrs (and ten days) from the anniversary of Evelyn's disappearance.

I haven't thought of little Evelyn in a very long time.. that case tears me up :(

Wondering if the kids really did enjoy v8, or if they poured it, said" thanks G ma, yummy will drink that in a few minutes" then zipped out for soda or big slurpy?...

I'm thinking it was maybe something fruity like V8 Splash.

Im just wondering if LE or FBI are still working from a head quarters in town. I mean do they still have a place that is strickly for the girls investigation.

???????????????????
Dear God, I hope not!! That would imply he's hauling their dead bodies around in the van. Nope... too smelly.
OR do you mean they are alive and being held captive in the back of the van? Nope... they gotta go to the bathroom sometime. Not to mention making a lot of noise if they're not bound and gagged.
Sorry... hate to discount your theory.
This may have been planned, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a van. He could have thrown them in the trunk of a car until he got out of town. Perps have been known to use pickups, small cars, big cars, 18-wheelers... you name it.

Bless you that you remain so innocent.

Sadly I think the girls were murdered day one , and their bodies in a vehicle that has been hidden, perhaps in a lake or river.

Bless you that you remain so innocent.

Sadly I think the girls were murdered day one , and their bodies in a vehicle that has been hidden, perhaps in a lake or river.

There are so many water ways around the town. I really wish they would drag or check the rivers etc. But I know we have had a drought and the water has been down.

But again, I wonder if a perp took them for a sex ring. If thats the case, they are probally still alive. I think FBI checks pedo websites for info.

But, I still have the bracelet I bought that says, " Prayers for Elizabeth and Lyric" on my wrist. I will not take it off until these angels are found.

Thank you! The dogs wouldn't be much help if they tracked the opposite way because it would take them from where the person was most recently back to where the person had been earlier. So it tells me that their scent had been more recently in the woods than close to the water, right?

The problem with the reports of what the dogs indicated is that not one of those reports was made by one of the dog handlers. So far as I have been able to find out, the reports are all from eyewitnesses or LE spokespeople.

Knowing how to accurately interpret a given dog's indications is something that only that dog's handler can do. A dog handler spends 20-30 hours a week in training the dog (which can take up to two years) and then 15-20 hours a week in maintenance training (leaving time for deployments) for the rest of the dog's working career. So that dog's handler knows the dog better than anyone else on earth.

Someone with a lot of experience with high level tracking dogs can watch someone else's dog and make an educated guess as to what the dog is communicating but it is still only a guess and will miss at least some of the finer points.

The eyewitness reports on the dogs in this case are all from people who, so far as I can tell, have never trained a tracking dog. The spokesperson reports are all calculated to give out precisely as much information as LE wants to release and not a hair more.

Based on those reports, I have no idea whatsoever what those dogs indicated on or did not indicate on.

Thank you Sunlight. 55 years, but justice was finally served. Ugh! Only 17 at the time of the murder and went on to enlist in the military and then worked as a Washington State police officer. It took 5 months to locate Maria's remains. His mother confessed on her deathbed to his half sister. Thank goodness his old girlfriend was brave enough to come forward regarding the unused train ticket. At 72, he's finally getting what he deserved.... not exactly instant karma, but he got what was coming to him eventually.

What is interesting to me is that he didn't repeat the crime, contrary to many common predictions about the perps in such crimes. He apparently went on to live an ordinary life.

It just seems strange that it was after July 13th that we started hearing about all these abduction attempts.

Several of those attempts have been later revealed to be misunderstandings.

I think that people were nervous and on edge so that things that would have seemed innocent a year ago seemed more sinister in light of the girls disappearing.

One well known example of such sensitisation was during the DC sniper case where LE thought they were looking for a white van. All of a sudden, people noticed that there were white vans everywhere. The white vans had been around all along, of course (they are the cheapest).

And of course, it turned out not to be a white van at all but a somewhat beat up blue Chevy Caprice (a passenger car).

Cook_Collins_routes.jpg

I may be wrong and I hope one of the locals will jump in here. I thought that exit/entrance onto I-380 had been closed for quite a while last summer due to the construction. I believe it was closed 13 July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129