IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

It is sad. Imo, LE already knows this is not going to end well. Two little girls just dont go missing without a trace.

But they have no evidence...........no crime scene as of yet..no sighting.

There will come a time if they are not located LE will state they think they have met with foul play, imo.

I remember when the Greone children were kidnapped they were taken from Idaho to Montana. So these girls could be anywhere by now.

IMO

Can someone local please look at my map (in my siggy) and tell me about the addition that I added in orange of an extension of Arbutus Avenue and Maiden Lane? These do not show up on Google Maps, but are shown and labeled on Bing Maps. (the link to the Bing Map is in the comment on the Google map).

It was my understanding that there were no roads through this wooded section, but according to Bing there are.

This is concerning to me!

Hollye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone local please look at my map (in my siggy) and tell me about the addition that I added in orange of an extension of Arbutus Avenue and Maiden Lane? These do not show up on Google Maps, but are shown and labeled on Bing Maps. (the link to the Bing Map is in the comment on the Google map).

It was my understanding that there were no roads through this wooded section, but according to Bing there are.

Hollye

If the bikes were found on the trail by the unlocked gate leading to the water and the purse was found on the other side placed on the edge of the shoreline, then either the girls went through that gate to explore the shoreline and forested area and were abducted from there, or this is one major staged scene IMO.

MOO

I wish i could help Hollye, but I don't know Edale very well, I'm from Cedar Falls :(
I just cannot stop thinking about the girls :(

Hollye

come downstairs there are new search areas..

If the bikes were found on the trail by the unlocked gate leading to the water and the purse was found on the other side placed on the edge of the shoreline, then either the girls went through that gate to explore the shoreline and forested area and were abducted from there, or this is one major staged scene IMO.

MOO

If it is staged, then the bikes being near that unlocked gate means it was probably easier to get the bikes to that spot without being seen carrying them in.

If you consider what a poster above stated about Maiden Lane (not shown on google maps) running back into that wooded area, it would be pretty easy to get the bikes through that gate without being noticed. jmo

I think LE should focus on the two pieces of evidence that they do have - the bikes and the purse.

Pretty sure this is all LE has at the moment, IMO.

What sticks out to me is this; I watch CNN daily, from AM to PM, and was able to see the interview on Anderson Cooper. Both parents LOOKED exhausted, mentally and emotionally just whipped.

However, I believe it was Lyric's mother than said "We taught both girls how to fight off a predator. To scream, to kick, to bite, to scratch. We taught them that from a very young age."
(I am editing what I remember, the wording above isn't EXACT.)

What LE should be putting out is the same thing they did in Mickeys case:

Has anyone sold/painted a car lately. Or washed it after the girls went missing?

Has anyone left town, or skipped work around the times the girls went missing?

Does anyone in the area have marks consistent to being scratched or hit around the time the girls went missing?

I think this lake is going to be the Achilles Heel in this case, I really do.

The only conclusion I can come up with revolves around where the people we know were around the time the children went missing. Then migrant workers, or movers, or utility men, etc. etc.
I do believe, though, LE should release something related to the "possible" attacker. Scratch marks, IMO, are huge because it plays off of what Lyric's mom brought to the table.

But then again, we have the element of the girls getting into a vehicle, or leaving with someone they KNEW. My gut is screaming this for some reason.

As parents we sometimes forget when teaching our children about predators to tell them that it could be someone they know and trust.

In such a case, they may not have realized they were in danger until it was too late to kick and scratch.

I spent a few years working in a hospice setting and I can honestly say there wasn't much crude humor going on and rightly so. There are many other ways to handle stress that preserve dignity.

But hospice is much different emergency situations. My dad was a firefighter, I was an EMT and also worked in ICU and the ER. And yes we did cope in ways that would be considered not very nice, but you do, and NEVER in front of anyone who isn't working with you. Families waiting for hours will sometimes joke around with staff-their brain just can't maintain that awful feeling of terror without a break.
Hospice seems a more controlled environment-the person is going to die and has usually been sick for a while. They are just different situations.

To THE LOCALS-
Thank you all so much, I have followed more than a few cases here and can honestly say you are the most helpful locals I have come across here.

Going back to catch up.

So are we to assume that other than the one man who rode his bike in that area around 12:30pm there were no other residents who went through that area of the trail in a 31/2 hour span?

I think we have an experienced perp in this case.

We had a situation here in NC recently where 2 young girls (13 yrs old) went to swim in the lake. They were both experienced swimmers. They disappeared with all of their items left of the shore....including shoes. They found them drowned within 24 hours. So I would think that if these girls had drowned, they would have been found by now. I think draining the lake is a sign that LE is trying to completely rule out everything they can.
I feel certain they have an FBI profiler working this case. I would be curious to see the profiler's assessment.

I wonder why it took so long to get dogs out there?

I think they may have had their own dog already, and now these are the FBI dogs?
Still, seems the FBI dogs, as well as the FBI, should have been there within hours as they usually are with children. They were there the same day with Isabel-but that was called in as an abduction, perhaps this was thought to be a possible drowning (and that is still trying to be ruled out).

I feel certain they have an FBI profiler working this case. I would be curious to see the profiler's assessment.

I, personally, hope that information is released before that lake is drained.

Respectfully,

Statistically, a missing child is only rarely abducted by a stranger. It is most often a member of their own family or a close family friend. It is therefore appropriate to discuss everyone in my opinion.

At one time I would have agreed with you Chris, but not these days.
After being a member here for years I know my opinion of that has changed dramatically.
Way too many crazies, sex offenders and evil people walking around out there for me to consider those statistics are any longer relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove