IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those interested in following the scanner of local law enforcement the link is here although as in most cases officeres have been asked not to use the channels for discussion of this case. Still, every now and again, info is gleaned by monitoring the calls.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178843&page=25

NOTE: reminder - discussion of scanner thread stays on the scanner thread. Thanks.

Dan morrissey: my daughter knows how to swim and if they went swimming we think they'd have taken their shoes off
by eSchettler via twitter 1:54 PM
http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance

He's completely right. The girls wouldn't have gone swimming in their shoes....yet no shoes near the bikes or shore.

Question to the informed/locals: This path where the bikes were found...is it a road or just a pathway? Can you drive a car on it around the lake? Thanks!

Lyric Morrissey's mother, Misty, just spoke to media at Myers Lake. She says they are keeping their hopes up. #EvansdaleSearch
by 1650KCNZ via twitter 2:04 PM

They were pink on the bottoms, the tops (foot-contact surface) were black with the word "Roxy" repeated across them, the "X's" were capitalized and oversized. The words were rubbed off where feet had worn them. Yesterday there was so much trash around the playground I was compelled to start picking up (mostly empty water bottles), but when we saw police in our neighbor's yard we headed home. Today, someone has obviously swept thru there and cleaned up much of that trash, but those flip-flops are still in the same spot.

I don't have a camera available now, and am heading to the beach as soon as wife gets home. After the beach I intend to get as many good pics for this forum as possible, of the lake, the trail, Arbutus, etc. Websleuths is pretty great. (altho - only 5 PM's allowed in my inbox??)

Ollie - you need something like 50 (?) posts to get more pm's. Someone correct me if I am wrong...TIA

There is, about a block east of that pump house, the trail crosses Arbutus. If you take the trail south there, you go about a block and it turns to run west along the highway, and within about a block you'd be A)directly south of the pump house and B) approaching the double-fenced area where the bikes were found. The trail continues around the lake. If you go north on the trail there, after one block you would be at Gilbert, where the trail passes a skatepark (and the police station is not far, to the west, on Gilbert). Another block north would get you to another street crossing, then adjacent to a now-closed elementary school with playground.

Also, I've e-mailed my verification info (not sure why, tho...I'm NOT an expert, lol...I'm just related, thru marriage, to one of the families, and I live within sight of Meyer's Lake.)

So the entrance for those that live close is just "open" or is there a gate or "anything"? I wish you could take a pic of the entrance so I could have a better idea.:banghead: Thanks for the info Ollipop!

Members of Cook’s family are at the lake at Tuesday, appearing on national network news programs to talk about the search. Tammy Brousseau, the aunt of both girls, said the family is not expecting the draining of the lake to reveal any new information.

Family members said they agree with Evansdale firefighters that dragging operations should have uncovered any evidence of the girls in the lake, but said they do support the draining decision to support their assumptions.

The next news briefing for the media is set for Tuesday at 4 p.m.
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Inve...ch-for-Missing-Girls-Continues-162749326.html

How odd, since there are clearly roads marked on Bing.

The map of the area around my neighborhood in NC is wrong in the same way. There is a huge field behind us. The map shows two streets back there. :waitasec:

Respectfully shortened
Her frequent lip licking and dry mouth is a clue. If she has been on antidepressants for weeks or longer, her affect would be labeled “emotional affect of antidepressant therapy.” (Affect with an “a”) This sense of numbing begins to occur in antidepressant users as their depression remits. It’s a side effect that causes many depressed patients to be noncompliant with their meds. Antidepressants can also cause euphoria.

Boring example: I cared for a patient whose brother died during emergency heart surgery. He told me he spent the day making his brother’s funeral arrangements and his family told him he was not acting appropriately. He knew his affect was not appropriately sad and it greatly worried him. At that time it was not safe for him to taper off his meds and immediately discontinuing them would be dangerous.
http://www.medicographia.com/2010/0...vity-following-remission-of-major-depression/

You are absolutely right. That's exactly what happened to me when I took Paxil several years ago. I was unable to laugh, cry or act angry and that's why I quit taking them. I didn't want to be sad, but I still wanted to "feel" and I couldn't do that with Paxil.

Respectfully,

Statistically, a missing child is only rarely abducted by a stranger. It is most often a member of their own family or a close family friend. It is therefore appropriate to discuss everyone in my opinion.

Except this is a victim friendly forum and NOTHING has been said that could link any of the family members, so they are still victims. Once someone has been named a suspect or person of interest, then it changes, but not before.

You know, I find the bolded by me part a wee bit worrisome- ELizabeth may not be a stranger to 'someone'...hmm really makes you wonder, or me at any rate...

“I broke down for the first time because I was so used to, especially Elizabeth, seeing her every night ride her bicycle and she always stopped and talked to people. She was a friendly little girl,” Marcella Carpenter said. “You know, it’s hard when you’ve got a grandchild the same age.”

snipped from-
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...eir-disappearance?Frontpage&fb_source=message

This is Iowa, and in my opinion, that's pretty common behavior for a child growing up here. I wouldn't think anything of a young child walking up to me to start a conversation. I don't know how the other locals feel, but I think that's just a part of the local area.

I haven't seen the two sisters/mothers together does anyone know if they are waiting together at all?

Reading that Elizabeth often stopped to talk with people along her route definitely doesn't sit well with me, and it reminds me of 7 year old Somer Thompson. She was chatty as well and would stop to pet a dog sometimes on her way home from school. One time the dog wasn't outside and the guy staying at the house invited her in to see the dog.....

I wonder if somebody along Elizabeth and Lyric's bike route saw them go by and decided to follow, maybe he had even talked to them outside his house that day. We know that one man has come forward, RC, and say he saw them bike by, but didn't think twice about it because it was a common occurrence (I'm NOT accusing RC btw). So maybe he wasn't the only one. I hate to say this, but Somer's body was found because the local sheriff's office made the choice to keep an eye on garbage being taken to the landfill. It's something LE in Iowa should probably think of doing if they haven't already.

Has there been a request for the public to check their own video/camera/phone footage from that day, or any of the local businesses?

That is fairly common in these types of cases, and, maybe I missed the request?

Is there a search of the landfill going on currently, does anyone know?

That is also fairly common in these types of cases.

Is the game room thread private on Websleuths? I am wondering if the locals can play games for 5 minutes until their post count is 50 and then they could help decipher what is happening on the scanner thread?

I'm surprised, I just read about the two little girls on the news page here in my country (Italy). I've never seen our news report any of the cases I read about here on WS, aside the C.Anthony one.

This is Iowa, and in my opinion, that's pretty common behavior for a child growing up here. I wouldn't think anything of a young child walking up to me to start a conversation. I don't know how the other locals feel, but I think that's just a part of the local area.

Oh I perfectly understand! kids will often be chatty- I was/am like my daddy- never knew a stranger, being from the south and all lol...

BUT I was just curious that no one has come forth to say they spoke to one or both of the girls at any time, during any bike rides. I thought it would be helpful to ascertain areas they have ridden in more specifically, in case there is a perp hiding out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member