Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NG is taking calls now
Young girls, 8 & 10, vanish on afternoon bike ride: abducted? I’m taking your on-air calls right now: 877-626-2901 #EvansdaleSearch
via her twitter page

If you mean Nancy Grace, I have been dreading this possibility. So often her information is incorrect, misleading, strongly opinionated and she is occassionally critical of victim's families. I hope she takes the time needed in order to correctly interpret the facts if she's going to voice her opinion to the nation.

If you mean Nancy Grace, I have been dreading this possibility. So often her information is incorrect, misleading, strongly opinionated and she is occassionally critical of victim's families. I hope she takes the time needed in order to correctly interpret the facts if she's going to voice her opinion to the nation.

Otto, I couldn't agree more. I once enjoyed Nancy Grace's show, but have come to realize how misleading and opinionated she can be.

On the other hand, at least with her show these girls will receive more attention.

6e0e06ad-6f33-49d7-9fe8-6e47e0fe5180_400.jpg

For Bigger Map click here: http://wcfcourier.com/app/special/missing_girls_map.jpg

No signs of a struggle, they had to be concealed, trunk of a car? How would they get them to a car, not making sense to any scenario I can think of. Too many people for no one to have heard screams, something weird, I think they knew them or him.

I think its possible that there was no screaming or struggle.

When I was about that age, a friend and I were drawing in wet cement behind a school and a man walked up and demanded our names so he could call our parents and tell them we were defacing public property. He wasn't scary or angry -- just very very firm, like a teacher or other authority. We knew not to talk to strangers but we answered him anyway and then ran home to intercept the call :)
I'm sure if he told us to come with him into the car or school, we would have gone along quietly, hoping he wouldn't really call our moms.

If the girls were by the water and someone ordered them out of the water because it is illegal, I'm taking you home and telling your parents, etc, they might have done as I did and followed along quietly.

just my opinion

My point is behavior while dealing with stressful situations. This family is under incredible stress right now, their behavior seems "off" to some but mentally you cannot maintian what they are feeling without a sort of 'break'. It is more about being able to function in highly stressful, horrific situations. It may not always look "acceptable".
I had to go over to a friend's house and tell him to call his brother because his father had passed. I didn't say he was dead, just that he needs to call the brother about his father. It took everything I had to not release the giggle that was busting to get loose. That bothered me big time and I was appalled at myself, but it happened. Later learned, (on Opry ;/) it is normal for some people.

Here's my map again, for those who would like to reference it. I have updated it as I can, but if there is something that you would like me ot add that you don't see, please feel free to message me.

At one time I would have agreed with you Chris, but not these days.
After being a member here for years I know my opinion of that has changed dramatically.
Way too many crazies, sex offenders and evil people walking around out there for me to consider those statistics are any longer relevant.

I hate to keep harping on this (particularly in this particular case) but I think facts are important.

Every year approximately 800,000 American children are reported missing.
Of these, approximately 50,000 are abducted by non-family members.
From this group, approximately 115 each year are classic stranger abductions.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2810

The same ratios apply to ALL crimes against children. If a child is molested, it is most often someone in their own family or someone that they know -- someone trusted. Only rarely is it a complete stranger.

I understand and AGREE that there are way too many maniacs and molesters preying on our children. This is obviously the case. The question is: which kids are they targetting, and the answer is that they are typically targetting kids that they know, kids they have access to.

In this particular case, it seems incredibly unlikely that it was one of these two girls immediate family. But what about one of their teachers, their swimming coach, their paster, their neighbor, the maintenance man in their appartment complex (assuming they lived in one), their uncle or distant relative, or perhaps someone that they met and made friends with in the course of their daily adventures.

Or it could simply be a random attack.

And that is why we think Ollipop should call in his tip!

In his original post, he said the flipflops he thought he saw didn't look like kid's shoes. But Lyric didn't wear kid's size shoes, which makes his potential sighting even more important!

Ok...ran over there, flip-flops were still right there where we saw em. 10 tries to the tipline, finally got thru...was basically dismissed as the playground has been thoroughly searched, she said. They weren't diamonds or stars, but X's. But I feel better having called it in. The area they are laying at has been inundated with people lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they were left by a volunteer or onlooker, but still...who leaves their footwear behind?

At any rate, the lake is considerably lower, there are officials out on the water in kayaks, many news crews in the parking lot, the lake is taped off now. There is some activity across the lake where the bikes were found - more vehicles, maybe a van or something and I could barely make out people moving over there.

As I was leaving, someone ran from parking lot to shelter, grabbed some stuff off the picnic table, and ran back to a vehicle, with a lady clutching papers and a bag running with him from the shelter. I'm assuming it was reporters. There was a mild flurry of activity as other reporters took note. Dunno what that means.

If there was an abduction, it would be risky for the perp to return to the area to leave those flip flops for fear of being seen. A perp wouldn't know if there was surveillance planted somewhere. IMO, there is more than one perp, maybe male and female. Other thoughts, I will keep to myself at this time and will keep hope and faith that these little girls are found alive and if this is an abduction, I feel it is local. I really hope LE are actually entering the homes around the lake. Would they need a search warrant for each home, as just asking questions at the door is not enough.

IMO

Ok...ran over there, flip-flops were still right there where we saw em. 10 tries to the tipline, finally got thru...was basically dismissed as the playground has been thoroughly searched, she said. They weren't diamonds or stars, but X's. But I feel better having called it in. The area they are laying at has been inundated with people lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they were left by a volunteer or onlooker, but still...who leaves their footwear behind?

At any rate, the lake is considerably lower, there are officials out on the water in kayaks, many news crews in the parking lot, the lake is taped off now. There is some activity across the lake where the bikes were found - more vehicles, maybe a van or something and I could barely make out people moving over there.

As I was leaving, someone ran from parking lot to shelter, grabbed some stuff off the picnic table, and ran back to a vehicle, with a lady clutching papers and a bag running with him from the shelter. I'm assuming it was reporters. There was a mild flurry of activity as other reporters took note. Dunno what that means.

Ollipop, Just out of curiousity, what color were the ffs you saw ? TIA

Misty Cook-morrissey is being interviewed for the nancy grace show right now. #evansdalesearch p.twimg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newsboynyc