Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4d6694ca-4ea7-406f-936c-9450f09f5013_400.jpg

News crews on scene at Meyers Lake in Evansdale; draining still continues here. #evansdalesearch p.twimg.com
by eSchettler via twitter 7:53 AM

http://wcfcourier.com/twitter-updat...tml_7502e29a-ce9a-11e1-80bf-0019bb2963f4.html

BBM

I would call it in. You never know. On JVM last night, Lyric's mother said Lyric wears size 9 flip flops. That is not child's size (I only wear size 7 and I am 37) so don't discount them.

I wear a 9....I'm 48.

A volunteer with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children said Tuesday the agency boasts a 98 percent to 99 percent recovery rate for missing children --- alive or dead.

Pat Farrell, who's been with the national nonprofit agency since 1998, has been helping local law enforcement find two girls that went missing in Evansdale last Friday. He's not giving up hope Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10 of Waterloo and her 8-year-old cousin Elizabeth Collins will found alive.

Officials said the search continues today for Elizabeth and Lyric. Meyers Lake is being drained and about 30 law enforcement officers are search wooded areas and abandoned buildings outside of Evansdale.
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Miss...l-in-Hunt-for-Lyric--Elizabeth-162739966.html

The girls' aunt said that a man near the trail told her he saw the girls riding east on their bikes at 2:30ish. He told her this at 2:45. Don't know how dependable his info is, however. The aunt didn't seem impressed and actually indicated some suspicions about him. So this would be the last sighting, if verified by LE.

I think we have an abduction in this case. Everything is pointing to that. The girls scent went quite a ways so I am guessing LE does not think they are in the lake. If, in fact, this is an abduction, we have someone who is experienced (imo).

I agree that it is probably an abduction. Why do you think it is someone experienced ? TIA.

How do people from Arbrutus and S Evans join the bike trail - there should be an easy way for them to join the bike trail.

There is, about a block east of that pump house, the trail crosses Arbutus. If you take the trail south there, you go about a block and it turns to run west along the highway, and within about a block you'd be A)directly south of the pump house and B) approaching the double-fenced area where the bikes were found. The trail continues around the lake. If you go north on the trail there, after one block you would be at Gilbert, where the trail passes a skatepark (and the police station is not far, to the west, on Gilbert). Another block north would get you to another street crossing, then adjacent to a now-closed elementary school with playground.

Also, I've e-mailed my verification info (not sure why, tho...I'm NOT an expert, lol...I'm just related, thru marriage, to one of the families, and I live within sight of Meyer's Lake.)

No signs of a struggle, they had to be concealed, trunk of a car? How would they get them to a car, not making sense to any scenario I can think of. Too many people for no one to have heard screams, something weird, I think they knew them or him.

i don't see why it had to be a vehicle. Why not a walking local?!

This isn't pointed at you, just at all the thoughts of "vehicle abductions"....there are other scenarios for abductions

I'm just saying not to discount it because Lyric is 10. She obviously wears lady's size shoes! :)

Yes..I was agreeing! I wear her same size and I'm an adult woman...so she definitely doesn't wear a kid's sized shoe. Perhaps Ollipop could tell us more about the flip-flops he found. I think they would have been picked up during the searches, wouldn't you?

BBM

I would call it in. You never know. On JVM last night, Lyric's mother said Lyric wears size 9 flip flops. That is not child's size (I only wear size 7 and I am 37) so don't discount them.

Just tried calling it in...first tip-line given at the top of the latest update (Waterloo Courier) was wrong number, out of service. Scrolled down to see another tip-line was different (numbers switched around). Called that 5 times - busy. Gonna just run over there - its only a block away.

I agree that it is probably an abduction. Why do you think it is someone experienced ? TIA.

Because it would take someone with experience to take 2 girls from their bikes...without being seen or leaving any clues.

As I stated in an earlier post, Dayle Hinman (the FBI special agent profiler) has stated that sometimes perps will "stage" things to look a certain way at the place of abduction. They rarely leave evidence behind (in this case, we have the bikes AND the little purse)....but when they do, it often reveals the victim is still alive...or will be kept alive for a larger window of time. Hope this is the case here.

Every single night? Wow.

I know- if so, I am a little surprised no one has spoken up to say they have talked to her on her bicycle riding jaunts- to help show areas that she may have traveled/been familiar with- establishing a norm so to speak

I have a friend whose daughter is 11yo and wears a woman's size 12. Her feet grew and the rest of her is catching up. My step-daughter wore a woman's size 8 by the time she was 9. I wouldn't say that Lyric wearing a size 9 or a size 11 (which I have also read she wore) to be out of the question given that she is reaching puberty and is likely growing disproportionately.

And that is why we think Ollipop should call in his tip!

In his original post, he said the flipflops he thought he saw didn't look like kid's shoes. But Lyric didn't wear kid's size shoes, which makes his potential sighting even more important!

you mean to tell me one of the girls pair of flip flops is on the playground? was it searched prior? le missed them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny