IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here so please forgive me if this was previously discussed. Do we know if the man that saw the bikes on the trail went back to the area with LE to show them where he saw the bikes? Had they been moved from the time the rider almost ran into the bikes to the time LE states the bikes were "laid" down?? Does that even make sense?

welcome to websleuths simp! :cheer:

yes, that makes sense to me... I would hope they took him back down there to see if they had been moved from the original position he first saw them in

i live in a small town and would be more apt to notice a child I DIDN'T know. We are constantly looking out the windows and ANYONE who drives by. I'd be able to tell you which vehicles I've seen all day and which children went walking/riding by whether I knew them or not, detail wise...I'd be able to tell you more about a "strange" kid in the area! I'm a nosey neighbor though :floorlaugh:

Thanks for your post. I didn't stop to remember that in a small town, you notice things more simply because you don't see strangers as often as you do in a bigger town.

I'm new here so please forgive me if this was previously discussed. Do we know if the man that saw the bikes on the trail went back to the area with LE to show them where he saw the bikes? Had they been moved from the time the rider almost ran into the bikes to the time LE states the bikes were "laid" down?? Does that even make sense?

good point
I have not heard anything about that...that would be good to know too!

Just talking off the top of my head, but if they intended to go through the gate to the waters edge, would they just lay their bikes down in the middle of the bike trail? Or would they lean them up against the fence more out of the way? Unless they were in a real hurry or scared, and then they might just drop them down to the ground.

So now new info is:
Girls scent picked up at lake
Girls last seen at 3PM
?

My concern with them being in the lake is... did no one see them fall in/jump in/scream for help?

So now new info is:
Girls scent picked up at lake
Girls last seen at 3PM

I actually think the witness saw them closer to 12 (he gave a 12-3 range) coupled with the bikes being found by the guy on the trail at 1220-ish

just :moo:

If their bikes were found near the gate to the lake as I believe I read somewhere- sorry if I am wrong- and the dogs have their scent there... I am guessing one fell into the water and got into difficulity and the other tried to help :( IMO

Otherwise would an abductor throw the bikes into the lake to leave no trace???

I hadn't thought about that. You are right! Maybe that was the plan and they were unable to return due to police presence?

Sounds like they still may be in the lake.
I doubt it's very deep, but I wonder if their bodies may be in an area
that dips sown lower and were missed by dragging it.

There were 2 brothers here that were involved in a boating accident
One was found much earlier than the other!
I'm sure lake Lanier is MUCH deeper than the lake they are draining...

BUFORD, Ga. -- The body of 13-year-old Griffin Prince was recovered from Lake Lanier by a dive team Wednesday evening.
It was the ninth day of the search for Griffin's body.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/246389/40/Divers-discover-wreckage-from-Fathers-Day-boat-crash

That will depend on what kind of scent dogs they are using, do we know?

I'm not sure we know that info...but Sarx is a verified K9 expert here at Websleuths who has helped us understand things in so many cases.

Official sectioning off the lake called his boss to ask if he could tell us why, boss said to wait until 4 pm press con. #evansdalesearch

http://wcfcourier.com/twitter-updat...tml_7502e29a-ce9a-11e1-80bf-0019bb2963f4.html

34167d7b-a8ab-437a-b2ea-344be9f99ea9_400.jpg

Suspicious item brings search to Mitchell Pits

The search turned up nothing of value, officials said.

Police and firefighters were called to the park, located on the east end of Mitchell Avenue, at about 7:30 p.m. after someone spotted a suspicious object on the water in the large central pond.

Officers blocked the park's road to traffic, and crews with Waterloo Fire Rescue used one of the department's boats to approach it and investigate. They discovered a floating rope that was tied to a brick, fire officials said.

The girls' aunt said that a man near the trail told her he saw the girls riding east on their bikes at 2:30ish. He told her this at 2:45. Don't know how dependable his info is, however. The aunt didn't seem impressed and actually indicated some suspicions about him. So this would be the last sighting, if verified by LE.

I think we have an abduction in this case. Everything is pointing to that. The girls scent went quite a ways so I am guessing LE does not think they are in the lake. If, in fact, this is an abduction, we have someone who is experienced (imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uhohspaghettiO