Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
0e280fe1-1df7-4587-a771-61e0539d00e0_400.jpg

Former Black Hawk County Sheriff Mike Kubik looks out over Meyers Lake as search efforts continue #evansdalesearch p.twimg.com

by CourierPhoto via twitter 12:43 PM

http://wcfcourier.com/twitter-updat...tml_7502e29a-ce9a-11e1-80bf-0019bb2963f4.html

Suspicious item brings search to Mitchell Pits

Man , weirdest item ever.

Now I will beside myself speculating why it wasnt found yesterday, if it was used as someones anchor , or drag methed to test for snags before expensive tools from the searches from days before or if it was some little boys makeshift crawldad trap anchor...Avioding the worse speculation with much effort.

Hoping it is unrelated at the same times wanting something found .

Can someone local please look at my map (in my siggy) and tell me about the addition that I added in orange of an extension of Arbutus Avenue and Maiden Lane? These do not show up on Google Maps, but are shown and labeled on Bing Maps. (the link to the Bing Map is in the comment on the Google map).

It was my understanding that there were no roads through this wooded section, but according to Bing there are.

This is concerning to me!

Hollye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just in the driveway for that pump house yesterday, and there is no road there leading back. However, there was what I thought was a cut clearing leading back and to the right, where your map shows that "lane." I assumed it led to the neighbors yard, and had my kids, so I didn't walk down there. It was well-disguised. I've never noticed it before. Now you have me incredibly curious. However, if it does lead back, it only would lead to the fence, which is apparent even on the map. I can't imagine why it would be there, or that it is maintained in any way.

To be clear, the pump house and the clearing around it are grassy, the woods have dense undergrowth. All I noticed was that there appeared to be a grass pathway cut through the undergrowth. I remember seeing grass on the path - not like a driveway, or a "lane" that is driven on, and path is about as wide as a city sidewalk. I only noticed it seemed to go back a couple feet, enough that I didn't even look closer. Obviously I'll have to now. It was not obvious, as the bushes flanking the path partially obscure it, and I only noticed it because my eyes were following the line where the grass met the undergrowth and in that spot it wandered back into the brush a bit. Hmmmmmm.

Here is a picture from Bing of the path/road that cuts through from S. Evans to the bike trail.

maiden-lane.jpg

Also, after we left that pump house, I took the kids to the park (where we also saw the gramma's sitting with their feet on the cooler). We saw a news crew there about to approach them, fyi...I imagine we were there moments before that pic was taken.

My kids and I wandered over to the playground, that we know intimately. There was a pair of flip-flops sitting right near the merry-go-round. They looked too big for kids, but I think I remember seeing on them, on the straps that go across the top. They looked like someone had placed them (they were lying as they would if put there/taken off there neatly). I just assumed they were left by one of the the multitudes who'd been in that area recently - searchers, volunteers, vigil-attendees, etc. I assumed this area had been scoured, there was literally uniformed and plain-clothes police and FBI within earshot of us.

My wife is off early, and we are planning on taking the kids to the beach (at George Wyth State Park). I may not get a chance to get over there for several hours, unless I run over right now (and I have my 9 & 4 yr old with me).

• People have been coming through the Evansdale Community Response Center to pick up flyers and drop off supplies. I'm not sure what is needed but they are located at 911 Evans Road. You could also call the police. They were outside a lot yesterday and had coolers of water.

• by Chris Essig - Courier edited by Chris Essig - Courier 12:29 PM
http://wcfcourier.com/twitter-updat...tml_7502e29a-ce9a-11e1-80bf-0019bb2963f4.html

Has the family thought of calling Texas Equisearch to come in and help?

No signs of a struggle, they had to be concealed, trunk of a car? How would they get them to a car, not making sense to any scenario I can think of. Too many people for no one to have heard screams, something weird, I think they knew them or him.

My kids and I wandered over to the playground, that we know intimately. There was a pair of flip-flops sitting right near the merry-go-round. They looked too big for kids, but I think I remember seeing on them, on the straps that go across the top. They looked like someone had placed them (they were lying as they would if put there/taken off there neatly). I just assumed they were left by one of the the multitudes who'd been in that area recently - searchers, volunteers, vigil-attendees, etc. I assumed this area had been scoured, there was literally uniformed and plain-clothes police and FBI within earshot of us.

My wife is off early, and we are planning on taking the kids to the beach (at George Wyth State Park). I may not get a chance to get over there for several hours, unless I run over right now (and I have my 9 & 4 yr old with me).

Meant to say I remember seeing diamonds on them...possibly stars.

I was just in the driveway for that pump house yesterday, and there is no road there leading back. However, there was what I thought was a cut clearing leading back and to the right, where your map shows that "lane." I assumed it led to the neighbors yard, and had my kids, so I didn't walk down there. It was well-disguised. I've never noticed it before. Now you have me incredibly curious. However, if it does lead back, it only would lead to the fence, which is apparent even on the map. I can't imagine why it would be there, or that it is maintained in any way.

To be clear, the pump house and the clearing around it are grassy, the woods have dense undergrowth. All I noticed was that there appeared to be a grass pathway cut through the undergrowth. I remember seeing grass on the path - not like a driveway, or a "lane" that is driven on, and path is about as wide as a city sidewalk. I only noticed it seemed to go back a couple feet, enough that I didn't even look closer. Obviously I'll have to now. It was not obvious, as the bushes flanking the path partially obscure it, and I only noticed it because my eyes were following the line where the grass met the undergrowth and in that spot it wandered back into the brush a bit. Hmmmmmm.

Also, after we left that pump house, I took the kids to the park (where we also saw the gramma's sitting with their feet on the cooler). We saw a news crew there about to approach them, fyi...I imagine we were there moments before that pic was taken.

One of the girls purple flip flops was said to be a size 9 ,which is a womans flipflop.

I made a special trip down there last evening since I couldn't recall for sure. When we ride the trail, we always stay straight on arbutus going back toward our house but I had thought there was a entrance there. There is not. The pump house driveway is the only spot and it only goes as far back as the pump house. There is no lane. You could cut through on foot but there's no worn trail or anything for bikes to come out there. The bike trail lets off about a block down if you want to come off arbutus and head toward the skate park.

How odd, since there are clearly roads marked on Bing.

NG is taking calls now
Young girls, 8 & 10, vanish on afternoon bike ride: abducted? I’m taking your on-air calls right now: 877-626-2901 #EvansdaleSearch
via her twitter page

I dunno, that patch of woods @ Evans- Arbutus - 'Maiden lane' may wind up be a pivotal location, imho

How do people from Arbrutus and S Evans join the bike trail - there should be an easy way for them to join the bike trail.

BBM

I would call it in. You never know. On JVM last night, Lyric's mother said Lyric wears size 9 flip flops. That is not child's size (I only wear size 7 and I am 37) so don't discount them.

You know, I find the bolded by me part a wee bit worrisome- ELizabeth may not be a stranger to 'someone'...hmm really makes you wonder, or me at any rate...

“I broke down for the first time because I was so used to, especially Elizabeth, seeing her every night ride her bicycle and she always stopped and talked to people. She was a friendly little girl,” Marcella Carpenter said. “You know, it’s hard when you’ve got a grandchild the same age.”

snipped from-
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...eir-disappearance?Frontpage&fb_source=message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez