IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...ran over there, flip-flops were still right there where we saw em. 10 tries to the tipline, finally got thru...was basically dismissed as the playground has been thoroughly searched, she said. They weren't diamonds or stars, but X's. But I feel better having called it in. The area they are laying at has been inundated with people lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they were left by a volunteer or onlooker, but still...who leaves their footwear behind?

At any rate, the lake is considerably lower, there are officials out on the water in kayaks, many news crews in the parking lot, the lake is taped off now. There is some activity across the lake where the bikes were found - more vehicles, maybe a van or something and I could barely make out people moving over there.

As I was leaving, someone ran from parking lot to shelter, grabbed some stuff off the picnic table, and ran back to a vehicle, with a lady clutching papers and a bag running with him from the shelter. I'm assuming it was reporters. There was a mild flurry of activity as other reporters took note. Dunno what that means.

Thanks for the live-on-location WS report, Ollipop, and for running over there to check the flip flops out. It's still kind of disturbing to me, unless of course, LE already has the flipflops, but hasn't released that, I fail to see why they wouldn't even look at them, take a picture, something.

Something is going on, obviously. :(

It must be unbearable! Is that Elizabeth's dad? :tears:

I hope they find the girls safe but I'm losing hope. 5 days is a long time :(

Yes, that is Drew, his wife's hand on the back of his neck.

Ok...ran over there, flip-flops were still right there where we saw em. 10 tries to the tipline, finally got thru...was basically dismissed as the playground has been thoroughly searched, she said. They weren't diamonds or stars, but X's. But I feel better having called it in. The area they are laying at has been inundated with people lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they were left by a volunteer or onlooker, but still...who leaves their footwear behind?

At any rate, the lake is considerably lower, there are officials out on the water in kayaks, many news crews in the parking lot, the lake is taped off now. There is some activity across the lake where the bikes were found - more vehicles, maybe a van or something and I could barely make out people moving over there.

As I was leaving, someone ran from parking lot to shelter, grabbed some stuff off the picnic table, and ran back to a vehicle, with a lady clutching papers and a bag running with him from the shelter. I'm assuming it was reporters. There was a mild flurry of activity as other reporters took note. Dunno what that means.

Thanks for the first hand look at the scene today Ollipop. We are so blessed to have our locals with cases such as this. nothing like having actual boots on the ground onscene to help us get the most accurate info into these threads.

Didn't a local poster say earlier that no one swims in this lake?

I'm sure there are people that do swim in the lake, but I'm not one-- I think the last time I was there for swimming, it was 25+ years ago. There are other areas in the county that are more 'destination swimming areas'-- big water park, state park with a beach, etc. Personally, I've always considered this to be more of a fishing lake. There are picnic shelters and a old army tank in the Kiwanis (sp?) park area.

And no one will be swimming for a bit-- went to the lake this morning and there is now police tape around a good part of it.

EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) — As authorities drained an Iowa lake Tuesday in the search for two young cousins, an officer walking the shoreline picked up an object near where the girls' bicycles were found four days earlier and placed it in an evidence bag.

Officials didn't identify the object or even confirm whether it was related to the search for Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, but it was a rare sign of activity in a massive search that so far has produced few significant leads.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Draining-of-Iowa-lake-continues-in-hunt-for-girls-3711844.php

According to this link, the Nancy Grace crew is there interviewing Misty so it might have been them.

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance

Thank you for reporting this and following through on this. And thank you for your local input into this mystery as it helps those who are miles and miles away understand the area a lot better.

Ollipop, Just out of curiousity, what color were the ffs you saw ? TIA

They were pink on the bottoms, the tops (foot-contact surface) were black with the word "Roxy" repeated across them, the "X's" were capitalized and oversized. The words were rubbed off where feet had worn them. Yesterday there was so much trash around the playground I was compelled to start picking up (mostly empty water bottles), but when we saw police in our neighbor's yard we headed home. Today, someone has obviously swept thru there and cleaned up much of that trash, but those flip-flops are still in the same spot.

I don't have a camera available now, and am heading to the beach as soon as wife gets home. After the beach I intend to get as many good pics for this forum as possible, of the lake, the trail, Arbutus, etc. Websleuths is pretty great. (altho - only 5 PM's allowed in my inbox??)

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...sing-iowa-girls-fear-they-were-kidnapped?lite

On Tuesday, Collins told ABC News' "Good Morning America" she believed the girls had been kidnapped, and asked for their safe return.

"I want to say to them that my husband and I have forgiven them," she said. "God has forgiven them already. So we have forgiven them and we just want our children back safe and sound. That's all we want. We don't even want to know who the person is."

Praying for Elizabeth and Lyric. It's sad that children can't even be children anymore. We were gone from dawn til dusk on our bikes during the summers. We'd even eat coconuts so we didn't have to go home for lunch breaks. We'd drink water out of neighbors hoses (it was an open invitation in our neighborhood as kids).

I don't know if they've been abducted or something happened at the Lake. I'm just praying for them and their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member