IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one i saw is on Hwy 3 up kinda by Allison, Iowa.

I saw no marks looking as though it had been searched recently, in fact although for the like new sign that said Tyson on the front, it looked like it hasn't been used in 10 yrs. Windows had tons of cob web across them, layers of dirt on the doors and door jams. The wood floor had REALLY old hay on it, the weirdest thing i noticed was NO BUGS not that stood out to me anyway.. which means no recent pig poo, flies LOVE pig poo
I will take pics Friday and post them for everyone to see :)

Too funny! When I read your description of the building I immediately thought of the one outside of Allison! Very dilapidated and abandoned! Great visual description, because I knew immediately! I agree, there are abandoned buildings and farmhouses all over the countryside, easy places to hide away for awhile. :moo:

LOL at least someone knows where I'm talking about :)

Now i just want to find the other old ones that aren't used anymore!

SBBM
Thank you so much for sharing your local perspective!

<modsnip>
Re: BBM#2 - Deerwood - It would be interesting to know if the wetness at Deerwood on the 13th made it appear that Deerwood had had more rainfall (or less rainfall) than your home/job did that day. I'm not asking that question though, because even with your excellent memory for details, there would be no reason for you to remember that! :)

Does anybody happen to know the answer to this question?
Re: BBM#3 - drought/burn ban - This made me wonder if Evansdale would have been on watering restrictions, such as watering only allowed late in the day/evenings or watering only allowed on even or odd numbered days? (I searched for the answer, but without luck.)

About the wetness, yes, there were some areas of mud and mud puddles (my son stepped in one of course) when we arrived at the campground. Just the areas where the road met with grass and the grass had been worn away by vehicle traffic.

And there was not a water restriction, just a burn ban due to the drought.

Oh No!!!
Now Jane Velez Mitchel Has changed the question to her poll!
Only she is still using our old votes.

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/jane-velez-mitchell

Which one of these intrigues you the most in terms of unanswered questions?

updated 4:13 PM EDT, Fri September 28, 2012

6% Isabel Celis

33% Kyron Horman

31% Missing Iowa cousins

7% Baby Lisa

23% Baby Ayla

I'm assuming it was changed due to the backlash from the original question, however the poll should have been started over :(

They pulled the poll. Bout time!!!!!!

Yes people started calling Jane Valez-Mitchell's sponsors.
I called myself!
I guess they got the message and The fact that the nes was picking up on it.
I think that they need a story on eack kid to make this right with the viewers!
They also took away all of the comments. Only I am still goingto make a comment an the facebook page! They should do something!

http://www.facebook.com/JaneVelezMitchellHLN

I'm sure it's bittersweet but I hope everyone is enjoying Lyric's birthday celebration and sharing in honoring her today.

Thanks for posting this. For awhile I thought Heather looked like death warmed over and I feared for her health. I think she is looking a bit better in this video, and I am glad to see it. She needs to stay as well as possible for the sake of her other children. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have to learn to live with that kind of pain.

Happy Birthday to Lyric!

Happy birthday Lyric.
Come home soon.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_186d0024-0cfc-11e2-98a9-0019bb2963f4.html

From the article:

"Near the conclusion of the event, guests gathered in the parking lot to sing “Happy Birthday” and release dozens of purple balloons.

Countryside Vineyard Pastor Bill Van Wey choked up while delivering a prayer.

“It’s been a long time,” he said. “We just are praying for them to come home.

“We are just praying some how, some way, that they (the girls) could see them,” he said of the balloons. “And that some how, some way they know how many people love them and care for them."​

I'm choking back tears. :tears: Please come home soon girls. I know you would if you could, but I hope (to borrow the pastor's wording) some how some way, you can make it home safe. And soon.

I dunno how to make one of these purple, but here's to you girls. Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you...

:balloon: :balloon:

Easy enough to do; erect a tent or canopy over the area to block ambient light, then wait until night to check.

On a bicycle path, it may not be surprising to find some blood because people do fall off bicycles. If they found trace evidence of blood, I think they'd have to hope to get enough DNA from it to know that it was from one of the girls.

Thank you GrainneDhu. As always a great explanation.

Short answer - Yes.

Long answer - luminol works by reacting with blood then glowing, so it must be dark to do the test. It will pick up microscopic bits of blood that can sit around for years. It will also pick up blood that has been "cleaned up" because it's a messy substance and almost impossible to completely remove from a scene.

Thanks SS.i know how luminal works. I wasn't sure if it would work on outside surfaces. :)

I'm not so sure the outcry about JVM's poll was a good thing.
The poll was pulled BUT the important thing was that a missing child's case would have attention. People ran their mouths before realizing the consequence .....which could mean no older cases will be highlighted or discussed .
Imoo

:bdsurprise::balloons:I came here this morning to wish Lyric happy birthday!
I am beyond sad that Lyric and Lizzy are still missing.
Apparently from reading post here it appears LE is no closer to finding them.
How heartbreaking. How absolutely heartbreaking.
Praying that someday soon they will be found and brought home .....
Because 2little girls out riding their bikes aren't suppose to vanish into thin air.

One more thing, after 82 days shouldn't LE release any other info or videos they have? I mean what could it hurt? What if a vehicle was caught on camera soon after the girls passed the CCTV?
I had a bad feeling very early on that this case would go cold.
I KNOW most of you don't see it that way but I do.
How do the girls families make it through the day? The weeks? The months?

One more thing, after 82 days shouldn't LE release any other info or videos they have? I mean what could it hurt? What if a vehicle was caught on camera soon after the girls passed the CCTV?
I had a bad feeling very early on that this case would go cold.
I KNOW most of you don't see it that way but I do.
How do the girls families make it through the day? The weeks? The months?

If Lyric and Elizabeth aren't located after the harvesting and hunting seasons are over, then I'm afraid I agree with you about the case going cold. IMO

But I've thought that before and been blessedly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro