IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So frustrating to see this case go so silent. It feels as if the investigaton has hit a brick wall. :(

I still pray daily for these girls and their families.

So frustrating to see this case go so silent. It feels as if the investigaton has hit a brick wall. :(

I still pray daily for these girls and their families.

I was just coming here to say the same thing tlcox..

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Friends-of-Missing-Evansdale-Girls-Keep-Vigil-176325091.html

Friends and supporters of two Iowa girls who've been missing since July plan to distribute fliers on Halloween to maintain public awareness.

http://globegazette.com/news/local/...11e2-b287-0019bb2963f4.html?comment_form=true

Friends and supporters of the families of missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins are planning two events this week to maintain public awareness of the search for the missing children.

A mass distribution of fliers is planned for Halloween. The public is invited to print copies of the missing girls’ photos and the tip line telephone number.

I keep popping onto this thread in the hope that there is something..anything...to point to where these little girls are. No - one just vanishes, someone must have seen something. I believe someone did, completely unaware of it's connection to Elizabeth and Lyric,,,they just haven't realised it's that one tiny clue that could start the ball rolling in finding these girls.
WHERE ARE YOU, ELIZABETH AND LYRIC???

Thinking of the girls and how all their classmates must be thinking of them too as they prepare for halloween.I hope everyone is very kind to all those children (and their parents) as they march bright-eyed and hopeful into the night.

I'm visiting here this morning to leave my prayers and sadness that these precious children are not found yet.

I've ran out of 'happy thoughts'. So sad that our girls are still missing.

I just read one of the articles thoroughly and this stood out -

Several callers to the KWWL newsroom said they saw law enforcement activity Wednesday night, and wondered what was going on in Evansdale.

The callers and e-mailers said several law enforcement vehicles were on the streets and that they saw at least one helicopter in the skies above the community.
Wednesday evening, Black Hawk County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Captain Richard Abben confirmed with KWWL that there is additional law enforcement presence in Evansdale.

He said DCI investigators have about 110 homes they want to visit in this effort. Abben explained there are some people who live in the area who were not home during the initial door-to-door search. There are also new families who have moved into the neighborhood surrounding Meyers Lake.

KWWL has not confirmed the use of a helicopter Wednesday night in Evansdale. However, law enforcement agencies around the country often use helicopters, or other aircraft, equipped with FLIR thermal imaging technology. FLIR airborne thermal imaging systems have been around for more than 25 years. FLIR stands for Forward Looking Infrared Technology.

This technology lets investigators see in total darkness and in most kinds of weather conditions, including fog, smoke and haze.

By using wavelengths longer than those used by a conventional night-vision camera, FLIR creates an image using infrared energy. The technology senses infrared radiation. The use of long wave infrared allows detection of heat, including body heat. Most of these highly advanced systems also use digital imaging processing to greatly improve image quality.

http://www.wxow.com/story/19858307/missing-girls-investigators-recanvassing-evansdale-neighborhoods

Thoughts -

There was a large operation centred on a small area of Evansdale on Wednesday night.

That investigation included extra officers, helicopters, etc, so it sounds as though they saturated the neighbourhood.

The inclusion of the helicopter with the infrared tells me they are looking for something definite in those 110 homes.

I had thought the infrared was for soil disturbance (potential graves) but they'd done that earlier in the search.

What if....

What if the blitz on Wednesday night was to question each house, all at once, ascertain the occupancy, then compare it to infrareds of live people?

What if Lizzie and Lyric are still alive, hidden in one/some of those 110 houses, and LE know it or suspect it, they just can't prove it because someone's lying?

Far fetched I know, but the FBI did say they believed the girls were still alive...what if they are right?

It's Sunday morning here so it's 100 days exactly since they disappeared. I feel like I've stumbled across a little glimmer of hope.

:please:

:cow:

Ty, SapphireSteel, for this link and your thoughts. I'm so glad to see that Abben himself confirmed that the LE activity was indeed about little LC and EC. I find it encouraging to see that LE is still actively searching.

Happy Halloween girls! I soooo wish you were home to go trick or treating tonight. You are in my thoughts today and every day.

The evening news on KWWL mentioned the girls and talked about how their parents are putting stickers on the candy they are handing out with the girls pictures and the tipline phone number

So so sad :(

Their mom's put out a new facebook poster that tells the girls happy halloween :(

I hate the fact this seems to be a cold case, because then the perps think they can get away with this evil act.

I still have my ears on the scanner...I want so bad for the girls to be found. Tomorrow is all saints day. I will be praying too..

I hate the fact this seems to be a cold case, because then the perps think they can get away with this evil act.

Well, they have, so far.

The chances of anyone coming up with a good tip in that town after all this time is slim, IMO. They would have to be spotted somewhere else, so I doubt they are still in that area. Don't want to discourage anyone else, but I also feel that the chances of them still being alive are pretty slim.
There is always hope, so maybe I'm wrong.

Ty, SapphireSteel, for this link and your thoughts. I'm so glad to see that Abben himself confirmed that the LE activity was indeed about little LC and EC. I find it encouraging to see that LE is still actively searching.

Thanks Fox.

I'm hoping the resounding silence following this operation is merely a sign they are working up more evidence.

:please:

Still here, still hoping and praying for the girls. Please, Elizabeth and Luric, please come Home!

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Fami...-Passes-Out-Candy-For-a-Cause--176704801.html
"On Wednesday, the Collins family tried a new approach by sticking their pictures on Halloween candy. The family set up shop at Geno's Pizza in Crossroads Mall in Waterloo.

With every reach in the bucket, the family knew they were helping spread the word. "This will be just one more thing to remind them," said Heather Collins, the mother of Elizabeth Collins.

Thousands of pieces and not one went without the pictures of Lyric and Elizabeth and the tipline number. "I think it's the best thing they could do. There is really nothing else to do right now, it's just get the message out there as much as you can," said Kirsten Bailey, of Waterloo.

The idea came from a guy out of state who created a Facebook page urging people all over the country to print fliers of the girls and pass them out with candy on Halloween. The Collins made them into stickers. Some people in North Carolina even attached them to water bottles. "It's just amazing. They've become everybody's girls, not just Iowa's girls, but everyone's girls and everyone wants them back," said Heather Collins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn