IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Fundraiser-Drive-for-Elizabeth-and-Lyric-179794931.html
EVANSDALE, Iowa &#8211; A month long fundraiser will help raise the reward money for two missing Black Hawk County cousins. <snipped>

The girls&#8217; families with work in conjunction with the Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers for the fundraiser drive. All proceeds from the fundraiser will be used as a reward for information that leads to the missing girls. The money will be held for up to five years, if the fund is still needed.

If the girls are found and a reward can&#8217;t be given, the money will go to the Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers general fund. The girls&#8217; families said that if the funds can&#8217;t be used to benefit the girls, then it&#8217;s their wish that the money be used to help other victims and their families. <snipped>

BBM - IMO, that's about as clear as mud and hopefully this article will be the only one that's worded like this. IMO, donors need to know before donating whether or not it's up to Crime Stoppers to decide how the funds will be used in case they're not used for our little girls.

I don't find the wording cofusing.

The funds are being raised by the family along with the Cedar Valley Crimestoppers.

The funds are to held for use as a reward for information leading to the girls.

The funds will be held for up to five years for that purpose.

If they are not able to be used as a reward by the time the five years runs or the girls are located and the funds are not used for reward purposes, they go to the Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers general fund for use by that agency to benefit other victims or victim families of crime.

Did I miss something? :waitasec:

You can drop off your donation at the Evansdale, Cedar Falls, or Waterloo police departments. You can also donate by mailing in your donation to:

Crime Stopper c/o Elizabeth and Lyric Fund
PO Box 1520
Waterloo, IA 50704

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Fundraiser-Drive-for-Elizabeth-and-Lyric-179794931.html

LE are accepting the donations as is Crimestoppers. Based on the BBM it looks as if that the Crimestoppers agency will control the money in a fund earmarked for use in the Elizabeth and Lyric case. If unused, after girls are located or five years has passed, it will revert back to the agency's general fund.

https://sites.google.com/site/cedarvalleycrimestoppers/recent-news
On November 19th Heather and Drew Collins along with Evansdale Police Chief Ken Smock will hold a press conference at the Evansdale Police Department to further discuss this campaign.

All funds raised will be held for a period of five years. After the five-year period donors may call and re-commit their donation to the fund or the funds will go to the Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers general fund. If the girls are located under circumstances in which a reward can not be paid the reward fund will go to the general fund. The Collins believe that even if the funds can not be used in their case they wish they be used to help other victims and their families.

BBM
Underlined by me - Now that's what I call clear. :)

Am I reading this right...They expect this case to still be unsolved in 5 years?

Thanks Foxbluff.

To me, the one you find more clear, I find more confusing, lol.

The sentence "All funds raised will be held for a period of five years." makes it seem as if even if the girls are located tomorrow through a tip provided and qualifying for the reward, the money will sit in the fund for five years.

Just goes to show how very differently one person will take a sentence or a paragraph than the next person may.

Thanks Foxbluff.

To me, the one you find more clear, I find more confusing, lol.

The sentence "All funds raised will be held for a period of five years." makes it seem as if even if the girls are located tomorrow through a tip provided and qualifying for the reward, the money will sit in the fund for five years.

Just goes to show how very differently one person will take a sentence or a paragraph than the next person may.

lol... Ah, yes, you make a good point! I had just been relieved to see that the part I had found confusing in the 1st link was clarified here. :)

Am I reading this right...They expect this case to still be unsolved in 5 years?

I think they are at the point where they have to look at all possibilities. Plus, when soliciting donations, it's only ethical to specify the eventualities so that donors can make an informed decision. It would be a real mess if they solicited donations for Elizabeth and Lyric without specifying what would happen to that money if the girls are never found or no one is ever arrested for the case.

Nov. 19, 2012 Press Conference held at Evansdale Police Dept. to explain new Crime Stoppers reward fundraiser.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/new-r...cle_c991cb38-3302-11e2-a3fb-0019bb2963f4.html

Elizabeth&#8217;s dad, Drew Collins, said a good friend heard about a similar reward being offered in a Des Moines case. He and his wife, Heather, suggested the idea to Lippert. &#8220;Someone has to know something,&#8221; he said

Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock thanked the public for keeping the girls in the forefront and stressed the importance of spreading the word.

&#8220;We continue to make it known that we&#8217;re still looking for that one last clue that will get us where we need to go,&#8221; he said.

I found this place because of these girls, and they're a big part of why I'm still here. I see all of these other cases come and go, and it sometimes feels like trying to keep your kids safe (or anyone for that matter) is a hopeless battle. When I start thinking about it, though, I'm really amazed at how many lost people have been found and how many murders/abductions have been solved in the few months I've been here. It may be naive on my part, but I'm still holding onto the hope that they're found alive and reasonably well.

The FBI did believe they were alive.

The 110 house swoop implied to me they were looking for someone.

<modsnip>
There's hope!

:please:

I am so sad that the Collins and Cook families will be spending this Thanksgiving without Elizabeth and Lyric. I don't know how they can bear the sadness and uncertainty.

These two little girls will definitely be on my mind tomorrow as I sit down with my family to enjoy our Thanksgiving meal.

I am so sad that the Collins and Cook families will be spending this Thanksgiving without Elizabeth and Lyric. I don't know how they can bear the sadness and uncertainty.

These two little girls will definitely be on my mind tomorrow as I sit down with my family to enjoy our Thanksgiving meal.

Oh my goodness... you're a better person than I as I had not given a thought as to how Thanksgiving will effect this greiving family. Ouch, ouch, ouch...

Now that I'm thinking about them on this family holiday, my fondest wish for them is that they won't have to endure Christmas with the same horror hanging over them.

Wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to all the posters who will be celebrating this weekend and hoping Elizabeth and Lyric come home soon!

Thanks, dotr... and I hope you and all posters here are enjoying safe and happy times even if today/weekend is not marked by holidays in your area.

O/T: I had wanted to copy/paste today's "google (?)squiggle" which got a big smile out of me. (It shows huge inflated letters for "g o o g l e" floating from strings high above a parade.) :)

JS is out of Black Hawk County Jail. He's not listed anymore.

http://www.bhcso.org/WhosInJail.aspx

Ah, Dr. Know?, I do like your style !! When you said upthread that you would be watching JS like a hawk, I had hoped that you really meant that, and obviously you did because here you are doing searches to find out "where he isn't" which, IMO, is one way to narrow down finding out where he is. Kuddos to you! :)

And yes, IMO, as you stated before, a $750. bond might not hold him too long...

Thanks, dotr... and I hope you and all posters here are enjoying safe and happy times even if today/weekend is not marked by holidays in your area.

O/T: I had wanted to copy/paste today's "google (?)squiggle" which got a big smile out of me. (It shows huge inflated letters for "g o o g l e" floating from strings high above a parade.) :)

That must be only for the States.

We have our regular boring old Google page...and our regular, boring old thursday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

That must be only for the States.

We have our regular boring old Google page...and our regular, boring old thursday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

lol... I hear you, our fine Aussie friend, and I wish you and other applicable posters a very Happy Regular Ole Thursday!! :)

(BTW, I think it's the states that make the biggest deal over having a day of Thanksgiving, but from Paul S. on Letterman, it's my understanding that his native Canada celebrates a day of Thanksgiving, also, but on a different day than the states.)

Just to show you, it is not just men who are capable of abducting the girls...
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2012/11/22/20377656.html

"The FBI has charged a female American anti-gay conservative Christian lawyer who allegedly drove a 14-year-old girl to Canada and forced her have sex on camera.

Lisa Biron, 43, was arrested last week and indicted on seven counts of child exploitation, including transportation of a child for illegal sexual conduct, and manufacturing and possessing child *advertiser censored*, the FBI said in a news release"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva