IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol... I hear you, our fine Aussie friend, and I wish you and other applicable posters a very Happy Regular Ole Thursday!! :)

(BTW, I think it's the states that make the biggest deal over having a day of Thanksgiving, but from Paul S. on Letterman, it's my understanding that his native Canada celebrates a day of Thanksgiving, also, but on a different day than the states.)

Yes, ours was in October.

Did anyone watch JVM? What was said? I am visiting family and was unable to watch. Anyone???
BSBM - Aired Nov. 16, 2012 – JVM interviews (aunt) TB via telephone RE: the parents’ open letter to unknown kidnapper:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/16/ijvm.01.html

<snipped> JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL: We`ve been all over this investigation since the very start, and tonight, Lyric and Elizabeth`s aunt, Tammy Brousseau, is back with us. Tammy, thanks so much for joining us. I know these last four months have been hell for you and for everyone in your family.

TAMMY BROUSSEAU, MISSING GIRLS` AUNT (via phone): It has been.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I don`t know how you have done it, frankly. I know that both families of the missing girls have written a very powerfulletter. Can you read some of the letter, starting from the top, Tammy?BROUSSEAU: Sure. Sure.

"To whom it may concern, we would use your name, but we don`t know who you are. Or maybe we do. Maybe you are someone who knows the girls. Maybe you are someone who just acted upon impulse. Maybe you planned to take them. We don`t know, because we don`t know who you are.

"But we can sort of imagine that you must have had the things -- have not had the things that you needed growing up, feeling safe and loved, because only someone who hurts inside would hurt another person and their families. We`ve all heard the saying, `Hurt people hurt people.` We believe that is true. We are so sorry for whatever happened."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tammy?
BROUSSEAU: Hello? Yes?
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, I want to stop and pause for a second as you read this letter because to me, as you go through the letter and you tell them, "Be a hero not a monster," and you speak specifically, it almost feels to me like maybe somebody in the family has an idea of who`s out there, because I know that you believe the children are still alive? Police have suggested the children might still be alive. Let me put it that way. Are you -- are you -- is there somebody you have in mind?

BROUSSEAU: No, Jane, there`s nobody that we have in mind. As this letter was being written by my sister, you know, she`s saying, you know, "Maybe we do know who you are," you know. But we don`t know who they are. We don`t have a name.
The only hope that we are going on is that we don`t have two little deceased bodies, so that`s the only thing that gives us the reason to believe that the girls are still alive. And we must keep searching for them and not give up hope. <snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to go back to Tammy Brousseau, the aunt of the two missing girls. Your sister Misty, who is Lyric`s mom, fell apart, understandably, my understanding is, after her daughter and her niece disappeared. And I understand that she ended up back at a halfway house. How is she doing? What`s going on with her?

BROUSSEAU: Misty is doing much better. You know, the disappearance of the girls, you know, as you guys can only imagine, and we are in a living nightmare.

You know, Misty did go downhill with the rest of us. I mean, we`re -- you know, there`s nothing good coming from this. We hold onto each other, you know. When one`s having a good day, you try to hold the other one up.

All that I want to say about Misty is she`s doing better. She has seeked [SIC] psychiatric help. And she will be released from the facility, the halfway house, as you guys call it. She`ll be released on January 30.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And Dan briefly, he`s still going to trial?
BROUSSEAU: Yes, Dan is still going to trial. <snipped>

Found this person FBI is looking for interesting....
http://missingpersonsnews.com/?p=5887
"Officials believe that he may possess valuable information regarding the identities of both a victim, and a producer of child *advertiser censored*. This individual has not been indicted and is currently being sought specifically for questioning. His current whereabouts are unknown.

The individual is described as a White male between the ages of 55 and 65. He has brown eyes, gray hair, and wears a full beard and mustache.

The cup shown above is from a &#8220;QuikTrip&#8221; gas station. No information is available regarding the hat or cigarettes.

If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate".

BSBM - Aired Nov. 16, 2012 – JVM interviews (aunt) TB via telephone RE: the parents’ open letter to unknown kidnapper:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/16/ijvm.01.html

<snipped> JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL: We`ve been all over this investigation since the very start, and tonight, Lyric and Elizabeth`s aunt, Tammy Brousseau, is back with us. Tammy, thanks so much for joining us. I know these last four months have been hell for you and for everyone in your family.

TAMMY BROUSSEAU, MISSING GIRLS` AUNT (via phone): It has been.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I don`t know how you have done it, frankly. I know that both families of the missing girls have written a very powerfulletter. Can you read some of the letter, starting from the top, Tammy?BROUSSEAU: Sure. Sure.

"To whom it may concern, we would use your name, but we don`t know who you are. Or maybe we do. Maybe you are someone who knows the girls. Maybe you are someone who just acted upon impulse. Maybe you planned to take them. We don`t know, because we don`t know who you are.

"But we can sort of imagine that you must have had the things -- have not had the things that you needed growing up, feeling safe and loved, because only someone who hurts inside would hurt another person and their families. We`ve all heard the saying, `Hurt people hurt people.` We believe that is true. We are so sorry for whatever happened."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tammy?
BROUSSEAU: Hello? Yes?
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, I want to stop and pause for a second as you read this letter because to me, as you go through the letter and you tell them, "Be a hero not a monster," and you speak specifically, it almost feels to me like maybe somebody in the family has an idea of who`s out there, because I know that you believe the children are still alive? Police have suggested the children might still be alive. Let me put it that way. Are you -- are you -- is there somebody you have in mind?

BROUSSEAU: No, Jane, there`s nobody that we have in mind. As this letter was being written by my sister, you know, she`s saying, you know, "Maybe we do know who you are," you know. But we don`t know who they are. We don`t have a name.
The only hope that we are going on is that we don`t have two little deceased bodies, so that`s the only thing that gives us the reason to believe that the girls are still alive. And we must keep searching for them and not give up hope. <snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to go back to Tammy Brousseau, the aunt of the two missing girls. Your sister Misty, who is Lyric`s mom, fell apart, understandably, my understanding is, after her daughter and her niece disappeared. And I understand that she ended up back at a halfway house. How is she doing? What`s going on with her?

BROUSSEAU: Misty is doing much better. You know, the disappearance of the girls, you know, as you guys can only imagine, and we are in a living nightmare.

You know, Misty did go downhill with the rest of us. I mean, we`re -- you know, there`s nothing good coming from this. We hold onto each other, you know. When one`s having a good day, you try to hold the other one up.

All that I want to say about Misty is she`s doing better. She has seeked [SIC] psychiatric help. And she will be released from the facility, the halfway house, as you guys call it. She`ll be released on January 30.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And Dan briefly, he`s still going to trial?
BROUSSEAU: Yes, Dan is still going to trial. <snipped>

This case just gets stranger and stranger doesn't it?

Personally I wouldn't care one iota if my child's kidnapper was strung up by his ears to a clothesline every day as a child.

They are showing an amazing amount of empathy toward someone who has caused them so much grief.

I doubt I'd be so forgiving.

:cow:

Wondering if this perp is still up to his old tricks ( now in his 40's).. This case is not unlike this one...
http://missingpersonsnews.com/?p=4420

" Garecht was abducted at approximately 10:15 am on November 19, 1988. Garecht and a friend left home at 10:00 am and rode their scooters to the market, two blocks from Garecht&#8217;s home. They left the scooters by the side door as they went inside the store. Upon leaving the store, the two girls started walking home, completely forgetting about the scooters. When they realized they had forgotten them they turned back to where they left them; however, they saw that Garecht&#8217;s scooter was missing. Garecht then spotted her scooter further down in the market parking lot, where it had been placed near a parked car. When Garecht bent down to pick the scooter up, an unidentified white male jumped out of the parked car, picked up Garecht from behind, and threw her into the back of his car. Garecht&#8217;s friend was the only witness and she ran back into the store to get help. The abductor managed to escape with Garecht and she has not been seen or heard from since"

I think the letter is an attempt to use psychology, empathise, mae the perp feel in contol, appeal to whatever heart the perp may have. Almost a "surrender" of sorts.

We know you are in total control, we surrender to your power oh gtreat and pwerful Oz, now please, grant our request.

MOO

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20170964/2012/11/23/thanksgivingblack-friday-without-elizabeth-and-lyric
"It sucks. It's frustrating," Wyckoff said. "I mean, Elizabeth used to come in here all the time -- after hockey practice and stuff she would come in. No more."

Being out on Black Friday handing out her daughter's picture was hard enough on Collins, but she said spending Thanksgiving without Elizabeth and Lyric was worse.

"It was hard because Elizabeth loves big dinners, like, loves them. That's her favorite. She just loves when I make all this food and stuff," Collins said. "We didn't make anything actually, so we went to other places and did stuff like that.

"What we think of every day is, what can we do to get the word out even more?" said Collins. "What can we do to get their pictures out even more?"

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20170964/2012/11/23/thanksgivingblack-friday-without-elizabeth-and-lyric
"It sucks. It's frustrating," Wyckoff said. "I mean, Elizabeth used to come in here all the time -- after hockey practice and stuff she would come in. No more."

Being out on Black Friday handing out her daughter's picture was hard enough on Collins, but she said spending Thanksgiving without Elizabeth and Lyric was worse.

"It was hard because Elizabeth loves big dinners, like, loves them. That's her favorite. She just loves when I make all this food and stuff," Collins said. "We didn't make anything actually, so we went to other places and did stuff like that.

"What we think of every day is, what can we do to get the word out even more?" said Collins. "What can we do to get their pictures out even more?"

Note Heather is speaking of Elizabeth in the present tense.

This is a mother who believes her daughter is alive.

I find that very encouraging.

I think the letter is an attempt to use psychology, empathise, mae the perp feel in contol, appeal to whatever heart the perp may have. Almost a "surrender" of sorts.

We know you are in total control, we surrender to your power oh gtreat and pwerful Oz, now please, grant our request.

MOO

I agree.

If the girls are still alive, there's a good chance that the perp still has control over them. If so, then the last thing I would want would be to anger the perp. I'd want the perp to feel like I was someone who was willing to understand him, was willing to see that what he did wasn't really his fault.

Even if I had to lie like a rug to get that across.

I'm not saying I think Heather Collins is lying. I think she is genuine and sincere and is living up to her Christian faith. But even if someone dismisses that possibility, I think they would have to admit that given the possibilities a sympathetic message is the only message with a chance of working.

Sadly, I don't think the girls are alive. There's just too many places to hide two small bodies. People not familiar with the state often think of it as being flat as a pancake and all the land outside of towns in crops but that's far from the reality. Iowa is full of rolling hills, gullies, ravines and quite a lot of wooded areas.

Even if I saw scavenger birds circling, as a rural landowner my first thought would be a dead white tailed deer rather than a human body. And for all I know, the filter strip along the creek behind my property is stuffed full of human remains. I wouldn't know because the place is covered in poison ivy.

Now I am wondering if there have been many cases of bodies found hidden under poison ivy ...

Now I am wondering if there have been many cases of bodies found hidden under poison ivy ...

Mickey Shunick's body was placed in an area with a lot of poison ivy. Her killer even went to the hospital for treatment for poison ivy that he had come into contact with while placing & then later burying her there (as well as wounds that Mickey inflicted on him while fighting for her life).

If I lived within a few hours of where these girls or another person went missing and I knew about it (it was all over the news, etc), I woud go out there where I saw buzzards circling in long pants, boots, a long sleeve shirt, and work gloves to look, poison ivy be damned.
Ok, so I'd probably actually send out my hubby in the his long pants, boots, long sleeved shirt, gloves, etc (but I'd go if he couldn't). ;)

"What we think of every day is, what can we do to get the word out even more?" said Collins. "What can we do to get their pictures out even more?"[/quote]

Thanks, Dotr, I hadn't seen this article.

BBM - I personally think her idea of handing out candy canes in clear wrappers w/our girls pics on them was an inspired idea... done on a major shopping day one month before xmas.

It's beyond me how this lovely lady manages to stay on her feet. Now there's another big event tomorrow:

Cook-off, bake sale to raise money for girls
EVANSDALE, Iowa --- A chili cook-off, bake sale and raffle for missing cousins Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey is set for 1 to 4 p.m. Nov. 25 at Lofty&#8217;s, 3480 Lafayette Road. <snipped>

No new news, talk about newspaper article to kidnapper, very few leads in case since start, no new leads recently unfortunately. Elizabeth's parents said they are not sure if the disappearance is related to drugs just one of several possibilities on justice with judge jeanine tonight.

I'm so sad in learning these 2 precious girls are still missing. I pray for them every day.

Christmas is coming... those girls should be home, helping in decorating and thinking about what they want under the Christmas tree come Christmas morning. I remember that age and how awesome Christmas was... it's right there at the cusp of being old enough to be aware of life yet young enough to still live in "little girl" bliss. I hope a break comes soon...

This case just gets stranger and stranger doesn't it?

Personally I wouldn't care one iota if my child's kidnapper was strung up by his ears to a clothesline every day as a child.

They are showing an amazing amount of empathy toward someone who has caused them so much grief.

I doubt I'd be so forgiving.

BBM.. I bet you would if you wanted your child back and it hadn't happened yet, and you thought saying this would help. IMO. If/when they get the girls back and find out who did this, I imagine their feelings might change, at least for a while

Mom's handed out candy on black friday

Another fundraiser is set for December 1st. It's a Cut-a-thon. Haircut fund raiser.
Proceeds to go to the crimestoppers reward fund

Along with hair cuts for donations, they will have santa and Mrs. Claus and reindeer so parents can take pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva