IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last I heard is that there was a witness that placed the girls at the entrance to Meyer's lake park; at the road that goes to the parking lot. I think it's safe to assume that they were abducted at the park. I think it's possible that they were lured to where the bikes were found on the pretense of going for a boat ride ... but I suspect that they were then marched into the woods at the end of Maiden Lane and abducted.

maybe they did get into a boat and the perp(s) vehicle was at the other end, hence why no one saw a vehicle at that end?

My opinion on meth is much differant than G. Dhu's

I work with DHS. 90% of my child removal cases I have right now are meth related. None of them were/are the shake and bake method either.. they were all manufacturing the old fashioned way. There isn't many cases in black hawk county like that, that my co-workers have but I work Bremer, Butler Franklin and Grundy counties, the smaller towns and it's RAMPANT!

Does any local know what site to watch the 4 o'clock news conference tomorrow?

maybe they did get into a boat and the perp(s) vehicle was at the other end, hence why no one saw a vehicle at that end?

I don't think that there was enough time. The family was searching pretty soon after the girls were last seen, even though there was a slight delay in contacting authorities. They went to the lake almost right away. Luring the girls to the location where the bikes were found and then taking the girls by bike to another location would take too much time, in my opinion ... too risky.

My opinion on meth is much differant than G. Dhu's

I work with DHS. 90% of my child removal cases I have right now are meth related. None of them were/are the shake and bake method either.. they were all manufacturing the old fashioned way. There isn't many cases in black hawk county like that, that my co-workers have but I work Bremer, Butler Franklin and Grundy counties, the smaller towns and it's RAMPANT!

I read a local state that also about a town in Bremer. Meth was bad I guess there.

Cinder, i think kwwl will be doing it live on TV.. supposedly it was also available on the website too

The location where they were found may be close to the perp's home.

I kindly disagree with you because I would think the perp would want to dispose of the bodies as far away as possible from his home.

My #1 suspect after looking at the RSOs in that area lives a straight shot west of that 7 bridges park.

A killer will dispose of their evil deed far away from where they live, to kinda disown what they did. I think the perp is local, but in Blackhawk county, not Bremer county.

The location where they were found may be close to the perp's home.

I at least think the perp is familiar with the area. Maybe somewhere he hunted or fished as an adult or as a child. I could be wrong but I thought perps often went to places they were familiar and comfortable with.

article-2173740-1411588D000005DC-363_634x493.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Lyric-Cook-Morrissey-Elizabeth-Collins.html

I hope whoever did this is freaking with fear. Get ready!! You are about to be caught!!!

I kindly disagree with you because I would think the perp would want to dispose of the bodies as far away as possible from his home.

There was quite a discussion on the Jessica Ridgeway thread about the proximity of victims to home of perp. I thought that, as a person commits more crimes, the victims are left closer to home, but someone posted a link showing that this isn't necessarily true. I think that it was the opposite, where the first victim is closer to home and sometimes gets further away with additional crimes. We can find counter-examples for both theories.

It's possible that the girls were abducted close to the perp's home and taken as far away as possible ... that makes sense to me if it was the first abduction and murder.

Lancaster said the odds of finding missing persons’ remains – or evidence of other crimes -- increase during the shotgun deer season, when more than 70,000 hunters comb through remote woods and fields.

More Iowans are afield during the two shotgun deer seasons (Dec. 1-5 and Dec.8-16) than at any other time of the year, she said.

Lancaster said it is not uncommon for outdoors enthusiasts to play a role in law enforcement efforts.

For example, kayakers found the body of 5-year-old Evelyn Miller in the Cedar River, days after she was abducted from her Floyd home in 2005, and anglers and boaters often discover the bodies of drowning victims.

“During recent years deer hunters have also found evidence of meth labs throughout the state,” Lancaster said.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...11e2-8ae9-0019bb2963f4.html?comment_form=true

9:12 PM Chris Essig @CourierEssig

“These girls should have been left alone... They should be home safe in their beds.” -

http://bit.ly/UGKuqC #evansdalesearch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member