IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Newhoff @NancyNewhoff
The latest on the missing cousins case, including the police presence around a county park in Bremer Co. bit.ly/YCqnOK
about 1 hour ago Reply

Nancy Newhoff @NancyNewhoff
Vigil at Meyer's Lake for the girls is over. Close family did not attend #evansdalesearch

This is my first post on this forum, but I've been following the posts regarding Lyric and Elizabeth since July. I'm a native of the area, rode my bike to Meyer's Lake all the time when I was around Lyric and Elizabeth's age on my own, so this case hits close to home and truly breaks my heart. I live in Des Moines now, and was absolutely mortified when my mom called me in the middle of an all-new SVU to tell me about the bodies.

I know many of you have mentioned the rate of decomposure. I'm wondering: what if the perp kept them alive for several months? Just food for thought.

Hopefully it'll all be revealed in time and justice will be served for Lyric and Elizabeth.

May they Rest in Peace.

I was away this evening and have just learned about the bodies of these two girls being found. I didn't follow this case closely but am saddened that this story has an unhappy ending. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Elizabeth and Lyric.

Hunters find bodies believed to be 2 Iowa cousins

By RYAN J. FOLEY and DAVID PITT, AP
16 minutes ago

EVANSDALE, Iowa — Authorities say hunters have found bodies believed to be two young Iowa cousins who disappeared while riding their bikes in July...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20121205/US.Missing.Cousins.Iowa/

20 miles or so is a long drive with 2 bodies in a vehicle. I'm thinking they were taken somewhere near where they were found and killed. The lake area may be the abduction site and the woods a dump site. Or the woods is the scene of their deaths.
If that is correct than the murderer would have had to kept them obedient for a length of time. Perhaps they met someone or it was an acquaintance. The purse at the lake indicates to me they did not plan on leaving.
If they were not with someone they knew than the vehicle would be a van or some kind of vehicle that would conceal them.

ETA: or the killer had an accomplice.

No we dont but I fully expect the ME to say they have been dead close to the time they were taken. The ME will have to do a guesstimation now due to how long they have been out in the elements but it will include the day they went missing imo.

MO

In cases like this, they can sometimes tell by the growth of the plant life around and through remains how long remains have been there. Sorry to be so graphic, but I've seen that done in other cases. They'll want to get as close to an actual date as possible.

577838_476604755716225_1708379116_n.jpg

429503_476604899049544_867706317_n.jpg

429491_476604945716206_1400813896_n.jpg

18310_476611539048880_1398215059_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=476604899049544&set=o.115252288640195&type=1&permPage=1

Meth Map of the US
This map of methamphetamine use by state is based on data from PBS, who ran a Frontline episode on the meth epidemic a while back. Iowa, seems to have a meth epidemic, as do many other states. One common denominator that keeps coming up in my research of sexual predators/serial killers is meth..
Meth, not only increases libido, but seems to be the catalyst for psychopaths to act out their fantasies, and creates new psychopathic tendencies in otherwise normal personalities, imo.
Psycopathic sexual predators (some label them sociopaths) are the only ones that matter in their world. Others are only objects for their personal enjoyment; play toys.
If they believe it to be more convenient, or if it will allow them to continue their evil deeds if they destroy someone, they will. They lack a soul..imo

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=DEA+...w=164&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:86

Wow. So very sad and so not the outcome I hoped for. I had to step back about on crime but, this is still a blow when I heard it. My thoughts and prayers got out to the family and friends, LE and to all of you at WS who have been involved on this - I know you are hurting too so consider yourself hugged!!!

My #1 suspect after looking at the RSOs in that area lives a straight shot west of that 7 bridges park.

That's very interesting. It could be. Perps generally operate close to their homes. I could be someone who took them to his home and then didn't want to drive to far to do his disposal. They usually don't want to risk getting stopped by LE with bodies in their vehicle.

20 miles or so is a long drive with 2 bodies in a vehicle. I'm thinking they were taken somewhere near where they were found and killed. The lake area may be the abduction site and the woods a dump site. Or the woods is the scene of their deaths.
If that is correct than the murderer would have had to kept them obedient for a length of time. Perhaps they met someone or it was an acquaintance. The purse at the lake indicates to me they did not plan on leaving.
If they were not with someone they knew than the vehicle would be a van or some kind of vehicle that would conceal them.

I truly believe the woods was merely a dump site. I believe the killer may have held them somewhere else hostage, most likely alive. The case had gone cold, so the perp may have found it the perfect time to dump the bodies now. Plus, it's around the holidays, which makes this even more morbid. We were all hoping for the girls to return for Christmas; that would have been a true Christmas miracle.

If they were held alive somewhere, though, it sickens me to think that they may have been so close to home.

Well, Matthew Hoffman here in Ohio, drove about that far, with a live kidnapped victim, and the dismembered bodies of her mother, brother, and family friend all in the same vehicle.

I have always believed the girls were dead before the 911 call. I sincerely hope that I am correct. It pains me to ponder them being held captive so close to home for 145 days. :(

I have only posted a couple of times since my Dad was diagnosed with cancer a couple of months ago, but I have been praying for the girls and I think of them very often. My heart is broken to hear this horrible news. I can't imagine how badly their families are hurting. I am praying for everyone who has loved these girls and especially for their families and community.

I'm so sorry.

I posted these once before but I've no idea on which thread. These will probably never end up having anything to do with the girls, but just in case...

These are the postings of some idiot on the W'loo craigslist. These poems are just cut and pasted as they are found on the rants and raves section. They continue to be posted everyday without fail, and are at the least very odd...at the worst, they are from the mind of a very sick person- all the grammar and spelling is strictly the unknown writer's.

Welcome
don't judge the acts of man Welcome their lust, greed, evil acts Hide the pain that fills their veins Arms open to the one you've cast out.

Give no cost of feeling good, I am the need of feeling wanted

Soulless
I have walked dark lonely roads
I have found myself lost along the way
My past brings nightmares to my dreams
I have dance with satan and have eaten from his table
Made love to his woman and have feed from his lust
I have shared in his blood as it filled my veins
Have found myself taking control of hell as I enjoy the pain

I thrust for blood of victims I slay
I pray on weak which I will feed
I take what I want infect pain on who I may
I control all the come before me as they drop to their knees
Tears I do not have sympathy I will not gave
Sorrow in which I live torment is what I give
For I am a man that walks without a soul

Man
Monster that is man
I am trapped by law of man
I cannot be the monster I am
Death is my dream.

I have lust for what I cannot be.
I want to taste fear in man; as I take his life.
Watch man soul go; as it departs man body.
Feel his heart stop; I take life.
His blood spill on the grown.
Fear, sunsets in the sky.
My play ground a night sky.
How I school Manson, Domer and the Ripper.
Power over one; I hold life in my hands.
Feed off fear; he lay's dying.
Able to give him one last kiss; I take his last breath.
Am a monster that live as man

I do not know why this outcome has hit me so hard but it has. I have been reading from the beginning just not posting much but even though it has been a while and in a way I expected this outcome,it still is heartbreaking.

I have always believed the girls were dead before the 911 call. I sincerely hope that I am correct. It pains me to ponder them being held captive so close to home for 145 days. :(

I think they were as well. Whoever took them, satisfied their sick urges and wanted to be done with it quickly, in my opinion. It would not be as easy keeping two victims alive and accounted for, for a length of time, as possibly one. And the majority of these murderers are not interested in long-term plans, just short-term impulses and satisfaction. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member