IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading that it's not exactly an easy place to get to or someone would have to know about it, 7 Bridges that is. Meyers Lake had construction on the highway and that to for someone just cruising 1st time from out of state would have a little harder time with detours etc...hmmm Local to the areas, both Bremer & Black Hawk somehow. The grew up in the area.

The map I'm looking at on google has all three in a row.

What I mean is, Evansdale is south of Waterloo, and Bremer county is north of Waterloo.

Common knowledge has that the perp lives somewhere between the abduction site and the dump site.

On the map I'm looking at, Waterloo is between the two, so to me, likely to be where he lives.

Maybe you need to zoom out to see it.

:dunno:

These girls brought me here in July, and I've been hoping they would be found soon. I had expected this, but I sure wish I had been wrong. It probably means nothing, but I thought it was interesting that there is a lone farm almost exactly half way between the two locations, with a building that looks a lot like the one in the dream I mentioned a few months ago. I'm sure it's nothing connected to the girls, just interesting (to me). Thanks for putting so much time and energy into these girls, I just wish there had been more we could have done to help them.

The map I'm looking at on google has all three in a row.

What I mean is, Evansdale is south of Waterloo, and Bremer county is north of Waterloo.

Common knowledge has that the perp lives somewhere between the abduction site and the dump site.

On the map I'm looking at, Waterloo is between the two, so to me, likely to be where he lives.

:dunno:
SS, I think your map is wrong. Waterloo is northwest (up and to the left) of Evansdale. The site (Seven Bridges Park) is northeast (up and to the right) of both Waterloo and Evansdale. Though it does look like you'd drive through Waterlook to get up there.

I'm sad to hear this news. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised, though. I truly hope LE can figure out what happened.

I live here and you don't drive thru waterloo to get there. Maybe dewar, dunkerton, or Raymond but not waterloo.

SS, I think your map is wrong. Waterloo is northwest (up and to the left) of Evansdale. The site (Seven Bridges Park) is northeast (up and to the right) of both Waterloo and Evansdale. Though it does look like you'd drive through Waterlook to get up there.

I think you should go look at dr. knows link of RSO's around that area. It paints a very interesting picture...

When I google map from meyers lake to 7 bridges park it takes you east 6ish blocks then north several blocks then east a few more blocks then straight north on Run Rd. There would be no logical reason to go west through Waterloo to get to 7 bridges.

I live here and you don't drive thru waterloo to get there. Maybe dewar, dunkerton, or Raymond but not waterloo.
Ah, you're right. From the south. I was thinking from the west via Highway 63 as the best way.

Omg some one just pm'd me exactly what I meant. Serenity, kudos to you for "getting" me.

Is it called an equilateral triangle? Even sides?

The abduction point, an rso, and the dump site.

That's what I meant, equilateral triangle. You can tell I flunked infant maths. Or do I mean a "right angle" triangle?

:banghead:

That we have.

It's no consolation to be forewarned when announcements are made that do not surprise you, like this one. It saddens me they've found Lizzie and Lyric, but it doesn't surprise me, especially where they were found...so close.

:(

I'm curious why they announced a second presser for 24 hours after the first.

I believe they may have someone who is "helping them with their enquiries"...its 24 hours before you have to charge or release, right? Or have I watched too much tv?

It gives them the time to do an official ID from dental records so they can make an official confirmation.

I don't know the maximum detainment time in Iowa.

Yeah, I wouldn't have taken elk run road either. I would go thru Raymond, dewar, and straight north that way so I guess there are several options.

Iowa was one of the Top 10 Meth States in 2011. The "shake and bake" method is very common in rural areas, everywhere. At least 3/4 of U.S. made Meth is done thru the "shake and bake" method. Meth users who don't make it themselves get a less potent version out of Mexico. So while Meth Labs my be on the decline, the problem especially in the South and Midwest is not.

I didn't make myself clear.

I've lived in Iowa all my life. Compared to what things were like back in the late 90s, there is very little meth lab activity. That doesn't mean zero activity but compared to what it was like back then, it is way better.

For instance, the guy who owns the field around my property had two tanks of anhydrous ammonia dropped today. Ten years ago, I would have been on top alert and at the very least would have had all my security systems primed and ready. I would have asked him to move the tanks so that they weren't visible from the road.

Now? I didn't even think about it until just now, which is a huge change. My husband made a late night grocery run and all I worried about was some long legged suburban rat (aka white tailed deer) jumping out in front of him.

Ok, they go Evansdale - north -> Waterloo -north -> seven bridges.

So if you zoom out and look as say, someone from Australia would view it, they are indeed in a row.

That we have.

It's no consolation to be forewarned when announcements are made that do not surprise you, like this one. It saddens me they've found Lizzie and Lyric, but it doesn't surprise me, especially where they were found...so close.

:(

I'm curious why they announced a second presser for 24 hours after the first.

I believe they may have someone who is "helping them with their enquiries"...its 24 hours before you have to charge or release, right? Or have I watched too much tv?

I believe it's because they expect to announce if the lab positively identified the remains.

Ok, they go Evansdale - north -> Waterloo -north -> seven bridges.

So if you zoom out and look as say, someone from Australia would view it, they are indeed in a row.

What kind of map are you looking at?? LOL You are confusing me!!

It gives them the time to do an official ID from dental records so they can make an official confirmation.

I don't know the maximum detainment time in Iowa.

They've had the girls for a few hours and no doubt their dental records already in their hand.

They could have ID'd the dental in half an hour from finding them, and announced it.

Dental ID is the quickest and easiest confirmation there is. A forensic dentist can go to the site, take one look, and confirm. Unless of course there are no dentals. :( In which case it's DNA, and that can longer than 24 hours I believe.

ETA: I just can't bring myself to believe they were not intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member