IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcast is saying that Seven Bridges Park in Bremer County is being guarded by state patrol.

I think they were as well. Whoever took them, satisfied their sick urges and wanted to be done with it quickly, in my opinion. It would not be as easy keeping two victims alive and accounted for, for a length of time, as possibly one. And the majority of these murderers are not interested in long-term plans, just short-term impulses and satisfaction. JMO

I would be very surprised if the main motive was sexual, in this case.

:moo:

Olli, I read some guy threw himself under a train today in waterloo, not sure if that's what you're talking about though.

I asked for a rewind down in the scanner forum for 12:45 today. Hopefully that will give us some answers

/end scanner talk

Do we know what time this happened today?

I am trying to see if the time of this incident is at all related to the time of the girls being found.

Well... so much for my pedo-ring theory. Has to be a local.

I will add, I would be surprised if the girls weren't dead by the time LE eliminated the lake.

I posted these once before but I've no idea on which thread. These will probably never end up having anything to do with the girls, but just in case...

These are the postings of some idiot on the W'loo craigslist. These poems are just cut and pasted as they are found on the rants and raves section. They continue to be posted everyday without fail, and are at the least very odd...at the worst, they are from the mind of a very sick person- all the grammar and spelling is strictly the unknown writer's.

<respectfully snipped the poems for space>

Good heavens! That's some deeply disturbed stuff. I sure hope LE will look into who this nutter is. Doesn't sound like the ramblings of a "sane" person. Very odd.

Oh no! I just heard the news. Going to go catch up and try to take a look at the scanner thread too. I read the bodies were found around 12:45 today. Heartbreaking!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

They certainly were. I'm thinking it's a local person from their community who then drove them north to get rid of them.

As the abduction scene and dumping scene are relatively close together, it is in someone's comfort zone.

The mid point between Evansdale and the girls site is pretty much Waterloo.

I believe the perp lives there.

:cow:

I would be very surprised if the main motive was sexual, in this case.

:moo:

I agree, SapphireSteel. But then I believe you and I have been pretty much on the same page regarding what happened to these two little girls.

Heartbreaking that these girls haven't been located. :(

As the abduction scene and dumping scene are relatively close together, it is in someone's comfort zone.

The mid point between Evansdale and the girls site is pretty much Waterloo.

I believe the perp lives there.

:cow:

I'm not sure if you've had a chance to look at a map but Waterloo is not between evansdale and the dump site. Waterloo is west of Evansdale, the girls were found northeast of Evansdale. Hth

I agree, SapphireSteel. But then I believe you and I have been pretty much on the same page regarding what happened to these two little girls.

That we have.

It's no consolation to be forewarned when announcements are made that do not surprise you, like this one. It saddens me they've found Lizzie and Lyric, but it doesn't surprise me, especially where they were found...so close.

:(

I'm curious why they announced a second presser for 24 hours after the first.

I believe they may have someone who is "helping them with their enquiries"...its 24 hours before you have to charge or release, right? Or have I watched too much tv?

I think they were as well. Whoever took them, satisfied their sick urges and wanted to be done with it quickly, in my opinion. It would not be as easy keeping two victims alive and accounted for, for a length of time, as possibly one. And the majority of these murderers are not interested in long-term plans, just short-term impulses and satisfaction. JMO

I agree with everything you said. I posted some time back that the girls were killed within hours of their abduction, and that their bodies would be found by hunters in the woods, or by someone walking on their property.
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Lizzie died almost immediately, with Lyric soon after. But we'll probably never know. My guess is they were both strangled, and it's entirely possible that they will be able to determine that.
So, so sad that these two sweet girls' lives were cut short. I hope they find whoever did this.

I'm not sure if you've had a chance to look at a map but Waterloo is not between evansdale and the dump site. Waterloo is west of Evansdale, the girls were found northeast of Evansdale. Hth

Thanks I'm admittedly retarded when it comes to maps.

Can the three spots be triangulated though?

Thanks I'm admittedly retarded when it comes to maps.

Can the three spots be triangulated though?
I don't think so. Seven Bridges Park is close, but still quite a ways away from both Waterloo and Evansdale. Which leads me to think the perp doesn't have to be a native of either community. Perhaps someone from NE Iowa who somehow came to be in Waterloo or Evansdale.

It's a county park, which I would imagine would be off the beaten path, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel